Photo

Am I the only one who thinks hpala mastery is terrible?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 isabis

isabis
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy 0/././2/2/./.

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:11 AM

It feels to me like this new mastery is totally anti holy paladin playstyle made.

It awards you for being in melee range with your team mates as a healer. I can see this being good in only two scenarios - where you have avenging crusader up, your team mates are melee classes and you are all stacked up training the same target or you have a beacon on your team mate who is a melee, your other team mates are all melees standing next to him and you are healing from distance.

I know, WoW is a dynamic game and your team mates can be close to you in all kinds of different scenarios, but this mastery punishes you for standing back/playing like a healer and awards you for standing close to your team mates which makes you very open to CC and switches. On top of that, it's terrible in BGs.

I know, there is a beacon too, but again, beacon doesn't cover so much area really.

Edited by isabis, 09 November 2016 - 01:39 AM.

#2 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:46 AM

Well i can provide you various screenshots of topping MWs in healing in rbgs, actually topping healing in general. As Hpal. And actually both is viable. regular wings with Blessed Hands for FC Healing. Melee Wings + Beacon of Virtue for zerghealing. I find good hpals to be one of the healers that are able to influence the tides of battle the most, and due to their 2 different wings also provide you with two completely varying playstyles. I dont think any other healingclass is that versatile.

And in arenas Hpals are one of the best healing classes at this moment.

So no, i dont think our mastery is terrible. We could go and be fine completely without it. But it gives that extra healing boost for being daring and jumping into the midst of battle which might outweigh the negatives on being a frontline healer at least to a certain extent.

Killin' shit since 2004.

#3 boatznhoez

boatznhoez

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:17 AM

I completely agree, it's moronic that we have to stay close to someone to heal them more PVP wise. I get chain cc'd forever against wizard teams(not that they exist atm) if i ever run in to get some extra healing. There is absolutely no use for it in arena. 

#4 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:41 AM

It forces you to not be a bad player and put beacon on your heal target when it matters.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#5 andiwache

andiwache
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

It forces you to not be a bad player and put beacon on your heal target when it matters.

That's right, you can use the following talent:

Beacon of the Lightbringer

Mastery: Lightbringer now increases your healing based on the target's proximity to either you or your Beacon of Light, whichever is closer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<