Grymvild
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Outlaw 1/0/0/1/2/0/1

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:55 AM

Hello everyone!

I've been playing my Rogue this expansion, exclusively as an Outlaw. I came late to the expansion so I missed the entire "Outlaw is OP" part. I came in at the point where Assassin had received it's first or second set of nerfs.

Right now, still wanting to play my Outlaw I'm having trouble doing so. I've never cared for being the most OP thing, I've never cared about being the #1 in every regard. I play casually and I want to play the spec I enjoy.

But right now I'm on the verge of rerolling. Not because I don't like my Rogue, but because I don't want to pull my team on BGs back. It really just seems I am of no use on Battlegrounds.

I just seem to do little to no damage anymore and I have no idea why. The damage from a 6 point Run Through seems pitiful. On my latest battleground the highest one I got was 233k but it seems to average around 150-180k for Run Throughs. If running Vigor I'm barely reaching 200k at any given time. Yet I still find myself dealing more damage overall with Vigor since Saber Slash seems to be the most of my damage so having the extra energy pushes that further.

Back before 7.1 I could kill people during the Curse, but now I'm finding myself barely touching someone during the cooldown. Is it really that bad or am I missing something?

From my previous Battleground (Easy victory) my damage was 32.3% Saber Slash, 23.7% Run Through, basic attacks + mastery totaled 14.1% and with Between the Eyes being 8%. So it seems that half of my damage comes from just spamming Saber Slash and combo point use amounts to 30% of my overall damage.

Wasn't Run Through supposed to be our main source of damage?

I'm really just at a loss here. I love the class, the spec and the character my Rogue has become, but I just feel overall useless. Especially with the stamina nerfs. I'm below 2m HP with Reinforced Armor (850 ilvl) so I die really fast to just about everyone, while not being able to reliably kill anyone by myself.

I'm no expert, I'm no high rated PvPer, I'm just a simple casual player who enjoys PvP.

#2 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:47 AM

probably both.

my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#3 Nammlol

Nammlol
  • Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 761

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

Have you tried sub? I know assa and outlaw are the popular choices but i really enjoy sub!

Always played sub so that was my go-to spec, pretty bursty but out of cd's dmg ain't very high

#4 Besabaftw

Besabaftw
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Outlaw 0/1/0/1/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1499
  • 3v3: 1474
  • RBG: 1669

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:31 PM

We got roflstomped by blizz, don't feel bad. As for why you can't hurt anyone with dreadblades, you kinda need plunder armor/tricks talent now for it to be scary. Didn't before, but that's how it is now.

How are you managing roll the bones? Do you know what to keep, what to fish for, when you should go in, etc?

Do you have @focus @mouseover macro for BTE/blind? This alone makes my life so much easier.

• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/1/.
  • 2v2: 2056
  • 3v3: 2655
  • RBG: 1881

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:35 PM

they nerfed all rogue specs to ground cause assa"s ms effect was op:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users