Photo

Tuesday pvp changes - warrior Str+Sta buff +HS dmg

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Thebestlol

Thebestlol

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:21 AM

• Hamstring damage has been increased considerably, and now lasts for 12 seconds in PvP.
  • (Arms) Strength and Stamina increased by 10%.
  • (Fury) Strength and Stamina increased by 10%.

Let me start off by saying the damage buff is needed.
Unless you are ignored all game, we are currently out-damaged by almost every other spec in 3's PvP.

-Hamstring lasting 12s now on players will be a nice change but still not as good as it being off the global. The damage is still going to be less than slam, therefore still a wasted global pretty much... (10 rage, damage can't be too high)

Now we're still lacking utility/mobility with the way our talent tree is set up. 

My thoughts on a talent swap to fix the issue. 

1. Make Defensive Stance a base ability. its a traditional warrior thing. stances.

2. Switch Double time to Defensive stance spot in tier 4. 

3. Add Warbringer charge stun to Double Time's spot, making you choose between the 3 stuns.

-This allows us to use charge again (Optional talent) to interrupt/stop casts/damage and secure kills, as a utility option in the tier 2 talent tree, by sacrificing our longer duration/cd stun talents. Each will have their uses still in different match ups. 

Also it helps our uptime, because of losing a GCD by having to apply Hamstring now. We will actually be able to take Double Time without sacrificing utility.

(Keep dreaming) They could even make Mortal Strike or Colossus Smash renew the duration of Hamstring, since we're one of the only manual appliers. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Thebestlol, 01 November 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#2 waniqutie

waniqutie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2405
  • RBG: 1148

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:32 AM

Like kittycleave wasnt strong enough..:/

I totally understand warrior needed dmg but this changes a lot of things. :l

#3 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:09 AM

• Hamstring damage has been increased considerably, and now lasts for 12 seconds in PvP.

Unless you are ignored all game, we are currently out-damaged by almost every other spec in 3's PvP.

-Hamstring lasting 12s now on players will be a nice change but still not as good as it being off the global. The damage is still going to be less than slam, therefore still a wasted global pretty much... (10 rage, damage can't be too high)

Now we're still lacking utility/mobility with the way our talent tree is set up. 

1. Make Defensive Stance a base ability. its a traditional warrior thing. stances.

3. Add Warbringer charge stun to Double Time's spot, making you choose between the 3 stuns.

-This allows us to use charge again (Optional talent) to interrupt/stop casts/damage and secure kills, as a utility option in the tier 2 talent tree, by sacrificing our longer duration/cd stun talents. Each will have their uses still in different match ups. 

Also it helps our uptime, because of losing a GCD by having to apply Hamstring now. We will actually be able to take Double Time without sacrificing utility.

Possibly even make Mortal Strike or Colossus Smash renew the duration of Hamstring

Thoughts?

Sounds good

#4 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

anything else ?

#5 Djord

Djord
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 1/2/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1618
  • 3v3: 1830
  • RBG: 1587

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

(Keep dreaming) They could even make Mortal Strike or Colossus Smash renew the duration of Hamstring, since we're one of the only manual appliers. 

Thoughts?

Yeah that would be ideal i agree but knowing blizzard it will never happend which is a shame because fixing it the way your talking is pretty much how i would fix it myself. I don't think they will change the talents at all they just make these quick fixes to make us somewhat viable instead of tackling the bigger issues at hand. 

It sucks though with those changes Warrior would actually be a lot of fun and engaging to play. But no we cant have that we're a damage bot to the point of no return now.

To succeed you have to stop being ordinary and be legen -wait for it- dary

#6 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:23 PM

Quite curious to see how much of a damage increase will Hamstring get.

#7 Saiyko

Saiyko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1555
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:12 PM

Terrible changes tbh. Its just a sign that we won't get any mechanical changes at least until the next major patch, even then probably not.

Flat tuning % increases rounded up to a nice pretty number, lovely balancing.

Your suggestions were good however.

Edited by Saiyko, 01 November 2016 - 08:13 PM.

#8 zzu

zzu
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1346
  • 3v3: 2831

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:08 PM

'The Hamstring change is awful, we'll increase strength by 10% so they can't complain'

#9 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:15 AM

'The Hamstring change is awful, we'll increase strength by 10% so they can't complain'

Knowing Blizzard, I'm expecting either something like 20k Hamstring damage or a retardedly broken filler that hits for more than Slam. 

But in any case, the way those tweaks are presented really shows how the class design philosophy is handed, and at this point it's not even worrisome anymore. 

This class won't be fixed by adding damage alone. Making Warriors immense damage bots won't work, because damage bots are flawed at their very core.

And any class should have more depth than just humping opponents until they drop dead.

#10 Bladek

Bladek
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/2/2/2/1/0/2

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:26 AM

Hamstring hits for about 40% of slam damage. 10% strength buff still doesn't give us damage comparable to other classes. We're still shit bois

#11 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

On mmoC there's some reports about Mortal Strike being stealth nerfed. Any news about that?

#12 Thebestlol

Thebestlol

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

On mmoC there's some reports about Mortal Strike being stealth nerfed. Any news about that?

I have not seen or heard this anywhere. it definitely was not stealth nerfed yesterday. havent played yet today

#13 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:09 PM

The Arms megathread had a couple posts pointing out how the damage or the overall dps seemed lower. Don't really know about that, way too anecdotal to be of any relevance.

So I asked my true and tested AJ bros, to see if there's really some truth behind those reports.

#14 Thebestlol

Thebestlol

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:28 PM

The Arms megathread had a couple posts pointing out how the damage or the overall dps seemed lower. Don't really know about that, way too anecdotal to be of any relevance.

So I asked my true and tested AJ bros, to see if there's really some truth behind those reports.

Yes. overall arms damage in PvP is low. Burst inside CD's when you actually have uptime and aren't forced into defensive, is ok,

#15 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:12 AM

I guess I didn't make myself really clear: I was talking specifically about MS damage and what was written there. 
I know all too well about the state in which Warriors verse now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<