Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:39. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Blue post buffs + nerfs

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

legit didnt think game could get worse than wod i was wrong

http://www.arenajunk...gion/?p=4603441

Just want to point out that in the first week(s) people thought WoD was amazing too.

Give it a month and all of you will unanimously agree that Legion is even worse than WoD.

Did predict.

S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#42 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:13 PM

I like the fact that they're actually quickly applying changes, but I don't like that the majority of it is just ''x has more dmg and health now, y has less damage and health now''.

They have much more design space with how things work in PvP now. They could make abilities behave differently, increase a certain spec's movespeed, etcetc. So many possibilities, but so far they're not making use of that.

Posted Image

#43 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:17 PM

I still feel like it's better than MoP and WoD. The problem is that they have very little knobs left to turn nowadays.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#44 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:29 PM

Legion will probably get progressively worse though. Many multiglads on AJ have been complaining how hard it is to play alts atm, but the artifact knowledge catch-up should make it possible to properly FOTM by the time next season starts.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#45 xndr

xndr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/.
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:16 PM

nah mates nothing wrong with legion just look at all the content there is to do, the expansion is fantastic

Posted Image

#46 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:23 PM

http://www.arenajunk...gion/?p=4603441

Did predict.

Wow you predicted that cry babies that were already crying over nothing would cry over nothing in a month after release. Are you a wizard?

Edited by Nicholaes92, 01 November 2016 - 08:25 PM.

AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#47 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:13 PM

I like the fact that they're actually quickly applying changes, but I don't like that the majority of it is just ''x has more dmg and health now, y has less damage and health now''.

They have much more design space with how things work in PvP now. They could make abilities behave differently, increase a certain spec's movespeed, etcetc. So many possibilities, but so far they're not making use of that.

in league people usually complain that they change mechanics before tweaking numbers. Basically changing a champion which often makes them OP but actually more clunky/different. And in the end they nerf them anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:49 PM

All of that 'design space' means shit if they can't converge on some kind of steady-state for people to adapt to and rely on.  They need to slow down the changes so people can just get on with it and play.  

Even if things stay a little bit imba for 1-2 classes/comps for most of the season, many would consider that gg standard Blizzard pvp design.  There is already enough of a meta layer in this game involving when how and with what to queue.  Keep making changes ever week and the competitive (meta) gamers start to worry about guessing and tuning for next weeks changes.  Its like I've always said, WoW pvp never seems to be able to exist in the moment.

#49 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:58 PM

has anyone tested harmstring or not live yet?

Edited by Siuox, 01 November 2016 - 09:59 PM.

#50 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:09 PM

All of that 'design space' means shit if they can't converge on some kind of steady-state for people to adapt to and rely on.  They need to slow down the changes so people can just get on with it and play.  

Even if things stay a little bit imba for 1-2 classes/comps for most of the season, many would consider that gg standard Blizzard pvp design.  There is already enough of a meta layer in this game involving when how and with what to queue.  Keep making changes ever week and the competitive (meta) gamers start to worry about guessing and tuning for next weeks changes.  Its like I've always said, WoW pvp never seems to be able to exist in the moment.

Do you enjoy contradicting everything you say? Or do you do it by mistake? Because I'm pretty sure you and me were arguing a lot on a forum about how I said that they would start to balance pvp much more frequent because of how they added separate stats for pvp and you talked your gibberish nonsense about how wow is shit because they leave op things op and never change anything until the end of a season.

But now you are complaining about them making changes more frequently? Man whatever BLIZZ does voksen just nit picks.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#51 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

I still feel like it's better than MoP and WoD. The problem is that they have very little knobs left to turn nowadays.

They actually have too many knobs, in some ways.  Right now they can't seem to dial in the right dps/hps levels.  In game design 101 they call it TTK (time-to-kill) which is usually the most fundamental parameter.  You usually have a TTK in mind out of the gates based on desired tempo and gameplay mechanics, genre, target gaming audience, etc.  In MMORPG theres obviously more variance in TTK between classes/comps, but its generally a starting point for designing arena matchups.

The devs can access more knobs then ever before (separate pvp and pve mechanics), all kinds of gameplay data (more stats collected on each match then ever before), and with fewer talents/abilities left to confound things (pruning).  You also have dials with respect to utility in terms of uptime and mobility (ccs, escapes, interrupts) and endurance (mana, resets).  If they were smart they might reduce some of the RNG/gimmick proc mechanics, because random chance makes things a lot harder to design for (requires more simulations and testing time).

My biggest issue is that this should have been the golden age (xpack) of tuning and game balancing, and it wasn't.  They needed to invite better alpha/beta testers and hire people like Talbadar months ealier.  He's a fantastic player with good design/balance knowledge.  Instead, the company scum went the marketing route to fix a bad product.  They gambled on all kinds of Blizz fanbois and twitch shills (classic twitch headline:  LEGION HYPE BOYZ) instead of ironing out these issues before launch, a month in, etc.

#52 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:22 PM

Do you enjoy contradicting everything you say? Or do you do it by mistake? Because I'm pretty sure you and me were arguing a lot on a forum about how I said that they would start to balance pvp much more frequent because of how they added separate stats for pvp and you talked your gibberish nonsense about how wow is shit because they leave op things op and never change anything until the end of a season.

But now you are complaining about them making changes more frequently? Man whatever BLIZZ does voksen just nit picks.

Stop being a shill, Blizzard could take a massive Bukkake on your face and you'd enjoy every drop.  We call him Clean Eugene cause he doesn't miss a chunk.  

I complained about structural things missing from Legion, like minor talents, 2v2 and 5v5 brackets, some resemblance of pvp balance early on, changes to make the ladder more competitive and less metagamed (charters, maybe), etc.

They need to converge on some kind of 'accepted version' for the game balance and ladder this season.  The fact they can't get their numbers straight this late in Legion development should tell you to unsub and come back when things are less of a joke.

#53 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:53 PM

Stop being a shill, Blizzard could take a massive Bukkake on your face and you'd enjoy every drop.  We call him Clean Eugene cause he doesn't miss a chunk.  

I complained about structural things missing from Legion, like minor talents, 2v2 and 5v5 brackets, some resemblance of pvp balance early on, changes to make the ladder more competitive and less metagamed (charters, maybe), etc.

They need to converge on some kind of 'accepted version' for the game balance and ladder this season.  The fact they can't get their numbers straight this late in Legion development should tell you to unsub and come back when things are less of a joke.

Not a shill, just calling you on your BS like always. Nothing I said above was wrong and once again you reply to my post with topics that have nothing to do with what I called you out for.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#54 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:10 PM

Not a shill, just calling you on your BS like always. Nothing I said above was wrong and once again you reply to my post with topics that have nothing to do with what I called you out for.

I seriously don't know what you're calling out and cba to defend so w/e.

Edited by Voksen, 01 November 2016 - 11:12 PM.

#55 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:25 PM

I seriously don't know what you're calling out and cba to defend so w/e.

It's literally in the post you JUST commented to
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#56 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:05 AM

can someone update me on whether or not voksen has actually played this expansion? 

#57 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:18 AM

can someone update me on whether or not voksen has actually played this expansion?

I would like to answer that and say no but because he loves contradicting himself he will probably say he has played since release or something. Everything he complained about legion pre release has been proven the exact opposite of what he thought it was going to be, and yet he is coming back and complaining about things that he said they wish they would do.

For example, I called him out for complaining about them constantly adjusting stats when pre release he basically said he wishes they would update often and not leave op stuff op. He also complained about legion not doing anything to fix wows "meta" gaming and same comps all day, when legion probably has the most diverse comps I have seen in a while. He also complains about wow being too "hand holding" and "casual" yet pushes that he won't play wow until they add purchasable 110 with max artifact and honor talents because he doesn't care much for that awful, terrible, grind feast for artifact power (it's not that bad).
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#58 Mikefraud

Mikefraud
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 2401
  • 5v5: 384

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

1 week has passed alrdy , plus things like this should be hotfixed within a day if they gave a damn but they obviously don't.

Indeed how can it not be fixed within a day or something. This is clearly the most important thing to fix in pvp atm. They dont understand that the class is unplayable atm. 

#59 Beariorn

Beariorn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1139

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:07 PM

love the constant changes, preventing idiots from rerolling fotm for titles. thanks blizzard.

Twitch.tv/tckz -RatLeague Mage Play for Funz

"I take this srsly because wow is a srs game."

#60 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:20 PM

Where those hunter buffs at???

0 user(s) are reading this topic