• Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/0/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1566
  • 3v3: 2146
  • RBG: 1483

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:56 PM

I'm pretty down with the Mage Script and know what I'm doing most of the time but I'm having trouble focusing some times when the game gets too chaotic. Generally vs triple/quad interrupt and many pets when you're basically not allowed to play the game.

What should I try to do when the enemy is just throwing every interrupt and stun on me when I'm trying to cast and their healer is positioned well? It's so obvious if I blink towards healer to get a sheep, he can see it coming miles away.

When I can't get any cc on the healer, most of the time I just try and get a poly on one of the dps and try to do as much damage as possible or try to drag their melee out of range/los from their healer but I also don't want to kite them to my healer so they can interrupt/stun him.

Most of the time this happens on Blade's Edge Arena, any advice on how to play on Blade's Edge as Mage would be appreciated as well.

I mostly play Mage/Melee/Healer.

#2 xDamnationx

xDamnationx
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1662
  • 3v3: 1839
  • RBG: 768

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:32 PM

Run Burning Determination, get kicked in Frost, then you can cast Shimmer and Poly freely. Even post-nerf it makes interrupts last for like 1 second, right?

#3 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:10 AM

ur team mates should also be ccing more and pressuring more when that happens, can bait out a healer  when you have pressure and force them into a bad spot which will also help

my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#4 Hemske

Hemske
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:57 PM

ur team mates should also be ccing more and pressuring more when that happens, can bait out a healer  when you have pressure and force them into a bad spot which will also help

I think this is some times the case but I don't want to blame it on team mates even if some times it's true because I feel like I could play better in those situations, just not sure what to do. Also I think it's a better mindset to think about what you could do better instead of what others could have done better.

I have started casting way more while being trained because that's what I see high rated mages do on stream, they just keep casting instead of kiting unless they are on like <20% HP. That requires a really good healer though, or a Paladin because Sacrifice lul.

#5 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

real mage nightmares= ww monks!

1) fake kick
2) paralysis
3) leg swipe
4) fist of fury

repeat. (if you are still alive)

i play mage myself (and i am not exactly amazing at it) but the general feeling i get is FRUSTRATION. when i finally get a cast off: karma/cloak/shadowmeld/cc on me/grounding/grip/run like a fag on pillars ecc ecc

without deep life is awful. piece of avice: play with a druid and poly out of his super balanced ccs (stun/vortex/root/clones)

#6 Hemske

Hemske
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:15 PM

Yeah when you play with a Druid it's a lot easier to get CC vs mongo cleaves. Paladin is also nice with HoJ and BoP. I usually play with a Priest though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<