Photo

What disc needs

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#121 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:11 PM

I honestly don't know what this guy is freaking out about disc is more than fine, it has its weaknesses but it also has its clear strengths. Plus aren't there more discs 2400+ than r Druids in the eu? I mean I wouldn't really call that unviable.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#122 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:46 PM

I honestly don't know what this guy is freaking out about disc is more than fine, it has its weaknesses but it also has its clear strengths. Plus aren't there more discs 2400+ than r Druids in the eu? I mean I wouldn't really call that unviable.

i do act retarded but im not fucking wrong when i talk about arena but because this guy cant get anywhere as disc he obvi blames the class

giphy.gif

#123 KIA Skill

KIA Skill
  • Truemagician
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/2/./.

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:45 AM

i do act retarded but im not fucking wrong when i talk about arena but because this guy cant get anywhere as disc he obvi blames the class

I'm 2400 on NA playing a shit disc comp. Already higher on my 840 ilvl druid. Just gotta give the sheeple some time to grasp the actual balance of the game.

I don't play on EU. But I'm telling with 100% honesty/certainty that I can watch any high rated streamer on NA que about 100 games of 3's and maybe see 1 disc, thats if I'm lucky. The other healers are about even with the exception of hpallies, which are gods of arena atm and are about 50% of the q's. Someone already released the statistics and disc is BY FAR the least represented healer above 2400 on NA. I don't even remember EU but on NA it was laughable, to say the least.

If you don't believe me, go ahead and look for yourself. Every disc at high rating climbed early on, riding the back of a rogue before they got their agi nerfed by 70% or whatever its at now. No one plays disc or plays with a disc post 7.1 on NA LOL.

Edited by KIA Skill, 13 November 2016 - 06:54 AM.

#124 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:03 AM

I'm 2400 on NA playing a shit disc comp. Already higher on my 840 ilvl druid. Just gotta give the sheeple some time to grasp the actual balance of the game.

I don't play on EU. But I'm telling with 100% honesty/certainty that I can watch any high rated streamer on NA que about 100 games of 3's and maybe see 1 disc, thats if I'm lucky. The other healers are about even with the exception of hpallies, which are gods of arena atm and are about 50% of the q's. Someone already released the statistics and disc is BY FAR the least represented healer above 2400 on NA. I don't even remember EU but on NA it was laughable, to say the least.

If you don't believe me, go ahead and look for yourself. Every disc at high rating climbed early on, riding the back of a rogue before they got their agi nerfed by 70% or whatever its at now. No one plays disc or plays with a disc post 7.1 on NA LOL.

i guess your expert opinion is correct, sorry

#125 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:06 AM

Facts, numbers, and my expert opinion are correct. Yes, thank you :).

I'm going to comment more on this tomorrow when it's not so late but just a quick one here, don't act like like you have all the facts and stats here bubbah. Let's use some better stats and facts here for a second. Eu has been known to be better at knowing the best meta and being better at wow as a whole since the beginning of wow hands down, period. And if you wanna go by representation then....

http://www.arenamate...er=3v3&faction=

Druid is the worst healer by your logic. A Spec doesn't just beat out mages for number of glad titles in the hardest battlegroup (region) by accident. It's because it's viable
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#126 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:43 AM

Facts, numbers, and my expert opinion are correct. Yes, thank you :).

even multiple disc priests(who are higher rated/more exp than you) have said what i said, you are wrong, just stop. imo all healers are fine(and very "viable") if you just fix ferals, frost dks and make crusader strike cost a bit more mana during AC

#127 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:25 PM

I can't believe how clueless you kids are rofl. Like you're linking arena ratings as if it is relevant to the current patch. Yeah, I get it. A lot of disc priests climbed on EU BEFORE rmp got gutted. How many of them actively que after 7.1 and don't tank? 0
If you want to prove your point, stop posting/saying the same retarded ass shit. Post an active disc streamer at high rating that currently ques.
Believe what you want about EU being amazing etc, but its LITERALLY the least represented spec on NA rofl.
http://www.arenamate...er=3v3&faction=
There ARE a lot of disc priests on EU, a LOT of hydra fanbois. Disc was viable when you could que rmp and basically get carried. That isnt an option anymore. Your statements might have been true pre-7.1 but not anymore.

I'm not sure why you are only looking at NA stats and preaching as if it is fucking gospel. Just because I spec isn't played/is least represented DOES NOT MEAN it's bad. Look at recent seasons with ele shamans. If you looked at NA only you would think ele shamans were complete garbage because there wasn't one in sight because no one played ele on NA. Then look over at eu and just see nothing but a fuck ton of ele shamans.

Basically all your points about your "facts" and "expert" opinion on things don't mean jack shit if the only arguement you are sticking to is, "well no one else is playImg them so...they must be bad guys!"

How about you bring up some real arguements here

Oh and btw if you DONT think eu is the better region you have already shown you are incapable of forming an opinion outside of the bias one you have formed for yourself. Eu has always had the better players on it. Most of them are fuckin douche bags but you can't deny they would beat NA teams in a heartbeat if you took the time to watch how they play.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#128 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:30 PM

"hydra fanboys"

my god you are completely clueless, disc priests are a complete abomination right now, maybe you have less than 10 traits or something? or maybe you just have no clue how to play disc...

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#129 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:32 PM

I'm not sure why you are only looking at NA stats and preaching as if it is fucking gospel. Just because I spec isn't played/is least represented DOES NOT MEAN it's bad. Look at recent seasons with ele shamans. If you looked at NA only you would think ele shamans were complete garbage because there wasn't one in sight because no one played ele on NA. Then look over at eu and just see nothing but a fuck ton of ele shamans.

Basically all your points about your "facts" and "expert" opinion on things don't mean jack shit if the only arguement you are sticking to is, "well no one else is playImg them so...they must be bad guys!"

Oh and btw if you DONT think eu is the better region you have already shown you are incapable of forming an opinion outside of the bias one you have formed for yourself. Eu has always had the better players on it. Most of them are fuckin douche bags but you can't deny they would beat NA teams in a heartbeat if you took the time to watch how they play.

atleast 1 good thing came out of legion, i like u now 

5794b8d94b0948dcdbef063332172ceee466b6ac

#130 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:39 PM

also incase you didnt know, just after blizzcon the ladder is awfully dead and inactive(compared to 3-4 months pre regionals) so its a terrible representation of "what is good", right now no1 is really contesting for the top of the ladder etc because no tournament level team has a reason to care, as u can see random people just getting high because there isnt any "real team" to stop them

#131 KIA Skill

KIA Skill
  • Truemagician
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

http://www.arenamate...entation-graphs

If you look closely, you can spot 7.1 xd.

#132 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:02 PM

http://www.arenamate...entation-graphs

If you look closely, you can spot 7.1 xd.

#133 KIA Skill

KIA Skill
  • Truemagician
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

Are you braindead? Why would people not play something that is good? Why would they all flock to holy paladins if they weren't gods of arena? Everyone has every class boosted now. If something is OP, you'll see it A LOT. IF something is shit, you won't ever see it in arena. That is how these new god awful expansions work, Idk how you mopmongerers don't know that. Class boosts ruined the game.

You're also talking shit about posting NA stats when you just got done posting EU and "preaching as if it is fucking gospel". Are you ok dude?

Actually too stupid to even bother replying to tbh.

PS. You also mentioned how sick EU is and that they would beat NA teams in a heartbeat. So what happened at Blizzcon????? Yeah, EU won, very close game fyi, but 3 of the top 4 teams were NA. Soooooo??????????
What happened with the EU teams that got shitcanned? ? ? ? ?

Edited by KIA Skill, 13 November 2016 - 05:09 PM.

#134 lllnevadalll

lllnevadalll
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/2/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:40 PM

The problem with Discipline Priests is deeper than this patch.

If you are a seasoned player you will recall the events that I will show you now and understand how this problem evolved.

Healing Priests and Paladins were the only healers that could dispel magic, which changed with release of wotlk where druids and shamans also got it. While they had remove curse and poisons, Priest didnt get such a mechanic.

Do you remember mana burn, drain mana and viper sting... also a mechanic erased from the game the so called fenomenon of ''pruning''

which totally deleted some playstyles, yep priests didn't get anything new instead.

Spells like prayer of mending and renew removed which were a sort of healing over time and multitarget healing which helped priests cope with multitarget pressure. The issue only got worse after nerfing the shield by removing the weakened soul and adding a cooldown to it.

A perfect example of blizzard having no clue about what priest is about is the state of Shadow Word Death aka Premoniion.

They made it a talent. Why would you make such a class sign spell be a talent that in many cases is inferior to the other talent choice (silence reduction) and make us lower out skill cap with a passive spell.

Priest mobility is bad which would be okay if there weren't classes like mw monk that just make it absurd.. Just think of a 2v2 game for simplicity sake.. lets say a frost dk and mw monk are against you. Try landing a fear on the monk. DK slow, grip, monk blinks ports god knows how many times. But it doesnt stop there.. After the long agony once in close range to the monk he just saps you into leg sweep :).

The game makes you stay in place spam heal and do dmg, because going for fear is just a waste of time.

Priests are not up to date and thats a fact. They are stuck in the past, still thinking they have '' an offensive playstyle '' while in reality a holy pala does more dmg now.

The only good example of priest changes (which i admit, i didn't like when it was introduced) was the introduction of Penance. A spell with both off and def properties and also castable while moving in later seasons made a good example of making a class less clunky and resolving the silly state of mobility.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

PRUNING Utility Spells that make skill cap higher is the Biggest Problem in this game now. Its the main reason why patch notes with changes in numbers such as +10%/-10% dmg/healing to any class make such a big impact to meta. 

Its simple math, by reducing the number of spells each each change in numbers to the remaining ones make a bigger impact.

It's embarrassing  that people who do this job at blizzard after all this time and experience don't understand such basic things.

#135 Todorka

Todorka
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

If you are a seasoned player you will recall the events that I will show you now and understand how this problem evolved.

Healing Priests and Paladins were the only healers that could dispel magic, which changed with release of wotlk where druids and shamans also got it. While they had remove curse and poisons, Priest didnt get such a mechanic.

Do you remember mana burn, drain mana and viper sting... also a mechanic erased from the game the so called fenomenon of ''pruning''

which totally deleted some playstyles, yep priests didn't get anything new instead.

Spells like prayer of mending and renew removed which were a sort of healing over time and multitarget healing which helped priests cope with multitarget pressure. The issue only got worse after nerfing the shield by removing the weakened soul and adding a cooldown to it.

A perfect example of blizzard having no clue about what priest is about is the state of Shadow Word Death aka Premoniion.

They made it a talent. Why would you make such a class sign spell be a talent that in many cases is inferior to the other talent choice (silence reduction) and make us lower out skill cap with a passive spell.

Priest mobility is bad which would be okay if there weren't classes like mw monk that just make it absurd.. Just think of a 2v2 game for simplicity sake.. lets say a frost dk and mw monk are against you. Try landing a fear on the monk. DK slow, grip, monk blinks ports god knows how many times. But it doesnt stop there.. After the long agony once in close range to the monk he just saps you into leg sweep :).

The game makes you stay in place spam heal and do dmg, because going for fear is just a waste of time.

Priests are not up to date and thats a fact. They are stuck in the past, still thinking they have '' an offensive playstyle '' while in reality a holy pala does more dmg now.

The only good example of priest changes (which i admit, i didn't like when it was introduced) was the introduction of Penance. A spell with both off and def properties and also castable while moving in later seasons made a good example of making a class less clunky and resolving the silly state of mobility.

PRUNING Utility Spells that make skill cap higher is the Biggest Problem in this game now. Its the main reason why patch notes with changes in numbers such as +10%/-10% dmg/healing to any class make such a big impact to meta. 

Its simple math, by reducing the number of spells each each change in numbers to the remaining ones make a bigger impact.

It's embarrassing  that people who do this job at blizzard after all this time and experience don't understand such basic things.

You are on point except the fact that it was cata that brought the dispel changes and took our niche away with nothing in return.

#136 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

You are on point except the fact that it was cata that brought the dispel changes and took our niche away with nothing in return.

Technically, this is false. Indeed, hpal and priest lost their dispel niche, but priest gain other things, like bigger heal thanks to PvE reason (Everyone must be able to heal a tank or an AoE, and dispel.), cool spell like life grip. In Cataclysm, disc priest were the best healer with the shaman (Remember RMP, DK/Ret/Disc) because both of them keep most of their niches while gaining new and cool ability. (Disc were especially good because of their good healing, their huge amount of trashs buffs - something hpal lost in Cata - Grace.)

Cataclysm for Hpal was exactly your description of disc priest now for Legion. We lost our niches which were big single target heal (Tank healer), our magic dispel, and lots of our trashs buffs (Lots of Wotlk talent were X% chance of resist things, X% chance of reducing cc duration).

According to their interview at the Blizzcon, the patch 7.1.5 will "add" again some utility spell, and merge most of the "100% picked talent" into the spec. They said "Survival hunter are the master of trap, it shouldn't mean that they must be the only one to have trap. Just the one who master them.".

Maybe they will add Renew and PoM back to Disc. But it's already trash for Holy priest, so have fun. :D

Edited by Jim_Jim, 14 November 2016 - 05:06 PM.

Posted Image

#137 moneky

moneky

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:15 PM

Guy above, alot of priests are doing fine in 2v2 the fact you're trying to chase a monk for a fear without any other kind of setup seems like a fault on its own.

C51bowq.png

#138 lllnevadalll

lllnevadalll
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/2/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

What is making an arena composition good is unique strengths that cannot be obtained from other classes, as well as compensating for specific class weaknesses with the other classes in the composition. This is what makes great comps: in RMD, the classes double down on their strengths of being the highest CC classes in their categories (healer, ranged, melee), while also enabling each others to pull it off; in WoD turbo, classes with high steady pressure alongside the highest capability of denying setups in the game made the setup what it was; jungle cleave, just like RMD, has classes that enable each other very well; FLS, L S D, WW/DK - same story. Priests mostly ended up no longer bringing anything spectacular to the table. We still work, but we're never the top option in any comp, because there is no class strength that we could bring that is greater then what other healers can bring. 

holy pala / feral x2  ..... mwmonk/ww/dk   good class comps :/

#139 waniqutie

waniqutie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1564
  • 3v3: 2489
  • RBG: 767

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:17 PM

As long as you play with good people disc is totally fine, lower bracket is different story...

Edited by waniqutie, 14 November 2016 - 06:41 PM.

#140 KIA Skill

KIA Skill
  • Truemagician
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:58 AM

Pretty much what I said in the first post of this thread. Disc just needs more abilities. Nail =>Head.

As long as you play with good people disc is totally fine, lower bracket is different story...

Lol.... Cringe.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<