• US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 1559
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:12 PM

Hey guys, 

First time poster here!  Just so you know my experience, I've hit 1800 in WOD, that's about it.  Just a noob Holy paladin wondering how I should cycle my defensive cd's in arena 3's. Any tips are appreciated!  Here is what I usually pop first for defensives:

1. Holy avenger + tyr's deliverance (behind a pillar before the first cc chain starts). 

2.  Aura mastery(w/ devotion aura) when my team is chasing someone around a pillar and I can't afford to follow them around.

3.  Divine favor to get a strong heal off, if I really need to, I also pop my wings here.

4.  I put a hand of sacrifice on my teammate if I see a long CC chain coming.  BOP if the enemy team does not have any purgers/castercleave.

Lastly, I would like to thank anyone who replies and gives me some input.  Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thank you guys!

#2 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:21 PM

using holy avenger and artifact before cc is bad, why would u want to get cc'd on a healing increase CD? just because you can use it behind pillar doesnt mean you should try do it before getting cc'd, sac isnt used like before either, its a lifesaving cd now and it shouldnt be used to break cc unless you know your partner will die in that cc

#3 beeryee

beeryee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:44 PM

using holy avenger and artifact before cc is bad, why would u want to get cc'd on a healing increase CD? just because you can use it behind pillar doesnt mean you should try do it before getting cc'd, sac isnt used like before either, its a lifesaving cd now and it shouldnt be used to break cc unless you know your partner will die in that cc

Thank you for your input Xonika!  I honestly don't know when to use Tyr's deliverance because it has such a long cast time.  I only use it like that because I don't know how to use it at all haha! When should I try to use that spell then? Also for sac, I'll take note to use it only as a life saver now.  Thanks!!!

#4 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:51 AM

1. Holy avenger + tyr's deliverance (behind a pillar before the first cc chain starts). 

Dont precast Cooldowns ever unless you are 100% certain they are needed. Starting off 3s Arena as Hpal is pretty simple. Against rogue comps try to get infight by using shock/judgment offensively from afar, or if one of your teammates goes infight first, just get a shock off on them. Then you just start the pillar game. LoS enemies, keep your teammates topped. Arenas are all about trading CDs effectively, so youre always doing good if you have to pull major cooldowns later than the enemy team, or not at all. As for Avenging Crusader, you can dive in as soon as your mates start taking dmg, pop wings and do dmg to heal. Always be aware about your positioning though.

2.  Aura mastery(w/ devotion aura) when my team is chasing someone around a pillar and I can't afford to follow them around.

Not only should you use the Devo Aura Mastery only when big damage is incoming or the enemy team pressure gets too much to counterheal, but also you should try to line AM with heals as it alleviates all healing done on everybody who is affected by 15% for the 8 secs duration. Heavy dmg phases where you juked the enemy allready and they cant cc you atm, you can pop Tyrs + AM and youll easily outheal the dmg. They take 20% less and you do 35% more healing. Pretty big.

3.  Divine favor to get a strong heal off, if I really need to, I also pop my wings here.

This Tier is really dependant. I personally wouldnt say Divine Favor is a necessity. I play Avenging Crusader and with Defender of the Weak + my Beacon i almost got 100% uptime on the 20% haste buff during heavy dmg periods, which makes me hit faster and have lower gcd which translates directly into more heal as Offensive Wings User.

4.  I put a hand of sacrifice on my teammate if I see a long CC chain coming.  BOP if the enemy team does not have any purgers/castercleave.

You should in my opinion never pick any other talent over Ultimate Sacrifice, and just like Xonika pointed it out allrdy, its not used to counter CC on you anymore as it transfers 100% of the dmg the target takes onto you in a DoT Debuff. Which is really easy to counterheal. So if your enemies start bursting hard on one of your mates, you just SaC him, go behind the pillar and conveniently top yourself against it. EDIT: Even against castercleaves you can BoP btw as castermates dont suffer setbacks from pet attacks f.e. and if the enemy healer has melee CC (legsweep,paralysis f.e.) then it doesnt go through aswell. Just be hesitant against mages if you got melees on your team. Nn to supply em with free bops.

Im actually a Ret Player, just started playing Holy this season, sitting at 1,9k in 2s and 1,8k in 3s atm so we are pretty much in the same boat. Be aware of the possibilities these new abilities give you. And dont stick too much to a fixed pattern but rather use your CD's situational. Also PvE helped me a lot to get routine on using these new abilities. And watching better Hpal Players doing their thing: https://www.twitch.t...good/videos/all

Killin' shit since 2004.

#5 panooc

panooc
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 765
  • 3v3: 1940
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1592
  • Locationcape coral florida

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:33 AM

hpals need cooldowns?

my hobbies include lifting impossible weights,gigantisim, unskinking the titanic, being invincible, and reading to baby deer

http://i.imgur.com/Bs9h4vO.png

#6 beeryee

beeryee
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the input Cruzified!  I actually don't have that artifact talent yet that gives increased healing upon team members when Aura Mastery is popped.  But when I do, I'll keep in mind to pop those two together when  I need to :)

I'm just really torn between defender of the weak and divine favor at the moment though.  Both talents seem really good since I'm not stacking haste this season.  

Anybody else have any opinions on which talent is best in that row?  Defender of the weak or Divine favor??? 

#7 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for the input Cruzified!  I actually don't have that artifact talent yet that gives increased healing upon team members when Aura Mastery is popped.  But when I do, I'll keep in mind to pop those two together when  I need to :)

I'm just really torn between defender of the weak and divine favor at the moment though.  Both talents seem really good since I'm not stacking haste this season.  

Anybody else have any opinions on which talent is best in that row?  Defender of the weak or Divine favor??? 

Everything is situational. Depends on the comp youre facing. If you come up against bursty comps like rmp where your partymembers drop a lot below 40% the extra haste might come in handy. I would favour Divine Favor for playing regular wings as it can top off party members with one big burst heal easily if you use it with your Might of the Silver Hand proc. If youre standing a lot in the back and you got your pillar game nailed, you can even use Vim and Vigor. 20% more healing is a lot, just doesnt help when youre getting trained.

Next to that i think you have some kind of a misconception about how the new PvP system works. So short explanation:

None of your gear stats / enchants / trinkets etc etc. work at all in instanced PvP. Only PvP where it actually has an effect on your performance are duels and worldpvp. The only thing that influences your PvP Stats is your average itemlvl.

The way it works is simple: Since Legion every spec of every class has a fixed stat template in instanced pvp which is given by Holinkas PvP team. You can only slightly buff your general stats by alleviating your average itemlvl. Other than that, none of your gear, none of the stat weighs you put has any influence on your stats in pvp. So dont bother tuning your gear for PvP, just make sure you equip the highest stuff as soon as you enter arenas / rbgs.

Take your time and read carefully through Borngood's Holy Paladin Arena Guide, he has most of the stuff covered in there and it might answer some of the questions you still have: http://www.arenajunk...legion-and-703/

EDIT: theres a bug since 7.1 that makes the Neck Enchants work though, but it might get fixed soon.

Killin' shit since 2004.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<