Photo

Any prot Paladin 3v3 streamers?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chaosstorm

Chaosstorm

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:40 AM

I've been trying to find a prot pally streamer prefer mostly 3v3 bracket content and 1800+ players. Any recommendations? 

#2 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:46 AM

Learn a proper spec before the eventual nerf hammer.

Not trying to come out as an asshole. Although I kind of am. But in the long run, this is the best reccomendation you can get for your question.

#3 Chaosstorm

Chaosstorm

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:27 AM

Learn a proper spec before the eventual nerf hammer.

Not trying to come out as an asshole. Although I kind of am. But in the long run, this is the best reccomendation you can get for your question.

I play ret, I am just curious and wanted to see some games with one. Also Prot is a proper spec lol, who tf are you to say it's not? 

#4 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:06 AM

you know blizz finally gives prot specs a unique role in pvp instead of blanket taking them out of the game. Making the game more diverse. Yet people still fuckin complain.

I say chapeau blizz. Prot as an offensive utility/buff/heal bot is a fresh take on it. Now they just gotta do the same with any other tank spec and arena will get a lot more interesting.

Killin' shit since 2004.

#5 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:24 AM

None of you have a clue.

I'm one who saw prot specs taking the game on a very, very bad curve in Wrath. I saw Protholies in s5 and s6, protret in s8, Mancleaves and all the Shield slam pro mlg crit montages that Allwhatwashisname spawned when he brought the African turtle on us. 

Bottom line, without the drama, is that prot specs when relevant are bad for the state of the game, which is especially delicate during an expansion's early stage.

It doesn't last, ever. My advice stands.

#6 Unforced

Unforced
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 761

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:35 PM

None of you have a clue.

I'm one who saw prot specs taking the game on a very, very bad curve in Wrath. I saw Protholies in s5 and s6, protret in s8, Mancleaves and all the Shield slam pro mlg crit montages that Allwhatwashisname spawned when he brought the African turtle on us. 

Bottom line, without the drama, is that prot specs when relevant are bad for the state of the game, which is especially delicate during an expansion's early stage.

I never had a problem back then with peor in arenas. The opposite, I thought they were fun and different. The only thing I didn't like was double healer prot. But then again, you had double healer prot, or DK or Warrior.... neither which I agreed with. But even with how "strong" you say prot was back then, they still didn't compare to wizards back then lol. (LSD, MLD, Shatter, etc)... in general, I think you are over talking prot back then (because prot warrior got nerfed in S7, because that was a little ridiculous). I want them to make prot warrior more viable now! That was always the most fun i've ever had in this game. #callmecancerous

#7 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:25 PM

I never had a problem back then with peor in arenas. The opposite, I thought they were fun and different. The only thing I didn't like was double healer prot. But then again, you had double healer prot, or DK or Warrior.... neither which I agreed with. But even with how "strong" you say prot was back then, they still didn't compare to wizards back then lol. (LSD, MLD, Shatter, etc)... in general, I think you are over talking prot back then (because prot warrior got nerfed in S7, because that was a little ridiculous). I want them to make prot warrior more viable now! That was always the most fun i've ever had in this game. #callmecancerous

man cleave and ATC were pure cancer to face. if you defend em you are clueless. Invictus is right by a thousand miles

#8 Unforced

Unforced
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 761

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

man cleave and ATC were pure cancer to face. if you defend em you are clueless. Invictus is right by a thousand miles

I'm not defending it per say...I'm just mentioning that I found other things more cancerous than ATC or Man cleave. In fact, I didn't think Man cleave was THAT bad to deal with. (Especially after the nerf I mentioned that prot warriors got during late S7, because they were too much). I thought the incorporation of prot specs was cool and it did bring things never seen before to the table. Granted, they should have a niche and not have all the dmg PLUS utility, but a good balance of both isn't too bad. I think supportive play style with tanks is a good thing. Only difference was back in S7/8 they did way too much damage for having all the other tools they had. (Hence, double healer prot pally, for example)

#9 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:23 AM

None of you have a clue.

Protret was s7 and s8, i know that cause it was the first tiime i went to weapon rating myself. Apart from that Protret was pure aids if you were a melee class. In comparison to Ret you sacrificed a bit of damage to be more tanky. Offheals were pretty much the same. Prot-hpals, or Healingcastles as we called em on the german realms back then, were outright strong. Still they were not able to pull off the burst heals that a regular holy could, which was game-deciding against some of the burstier comps like rmp/lsd. Protwar was also viable but lacked MS. So it obviously also had its downsides. All of them were interesting specs though and did not "ruin" arena as you claim, they had an impact nevertheless.

But apart from all that. Prot right now, isnt even comparable to the prot-hybrid-specs from Wrath. They take more damage than non-prot specs, their healthpool is about the same as everyone elses, and they have a totally unique playstyle which has nothing to do with what they ever played like before in pvp.

You buff your teams dmg done to the target, you have a lot of utility to help your team with, you do very mediocre damage in return and have the possibility to addheal every few seconds for decent amounts. (nonmana using situational instant heal + 4-5 flash of lights if you let em cast it.)

I dont know why people complain about this, rather than about Destro/Frostdk in their current state. Which actually do have a small balance issue since 7.1 in contrary to protpallies. Instead of downright shittalking specs it would be way more interesting if Holinkas Team gave each of the tank specs a unique playstyle in pvp situations and open up possibilities for more comps. The game as of now is allready pretty diverse, i mean just look at arenamates, almost all the specs are up there rather evenly compared to WoD or MoP. They should keep on going the route they took and continoously improve the specs to make all of them viable. Thatd be the game id like to play in. Where you dont face the same shitfaced comps at a certain rating over and over and over.

Killin' shit since 2004.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<