Leerooy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2640

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

Just wondering how everyone is spending their points with their frost artifact and talents.

Only got 12 points spent with sindragosa's fury atm

Official Blizzard Quote:

http://i44.tinypic.com/256eqld.png

#2 Flittig

Flittig
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1579

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:56 AM

I'm going like this, except I'll take Chill of the Grave too.

#3 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:36 AM

I'm going like this, except I'll take Chill of the Grave too.

I followed that priority too, pretty straightforward as frost except as mentioned Chill of the Grave is good to take for PvP

#4 Fornz0r

Fornz0r
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1603
  • 3v3: 2141

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:09 AM

Saw some people playing Breath of Sindragosa. Is it any good? Tried it on some skirms didn't feel good. 2minCD and you cant frost strike, is it really worth it? Obliteration feels to good to give up. 1 rune obliterate with KM procs is too big.

Also, shattering strikes or murderous efficiency?

#5 moneky

moneky

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:13 AM

Saw some people playing Breath of Sindragosa. Is it any good? Tried it on some skirms didn't feel good. 2minCD and you cant frost strike, is it really worth it? Obliteration feels to good to give up. 1 rune obliterate with KM procs is too big.
Also, shattering strikes or murderous efficiency?

http://us.battle.net...tor#dZa!0011021
This has ended up to be my personal favourite combined with 1 minute emp rune wep and compose aura or magic damage increase depending on my comp. Also root on remorseless which should be used almost off cd and 3d one should line back up with your pillar.

It seems like frost is the spec you can play around with the most and have just about as much success with anything. I know another death knight friend of mine who's around 2600 currently and he prefers playing with something like this http://us.battle.net...#dZa!1111021but personally I despite playing talons and frozen pulse as when you're playing with the hunger ingredients rune talent i find it to be even more useless but some people likes it, and I don't. I think even some try to hide what they play and it can make a big difference. I do think the build I'm playing is completely broken though and I'll tell a little bit why

Altough losing razor ice stacks can feel petty bad it's worth it because of how it can be played out. In a usual scenario when I got big dick coming up in usually make sure to have a little bit of RP so Sindragosa won't randomly fall off before you manage to start pumping damage. So you naturally use pillar of frost and remorseless winter and then proceed to use Sindragosa and empower rune weapon which will literally give you unlimited runes for the duration of it while you're spamming obliterates off gcd while having breath pump even more damage and using RP increases duration and damage of remorseless winter it all adds into a low gcd per damage done enabling you to do so much damage within little time. And I sometimes even end up having breath going for close to 20 seconds almost. And when they drop low enough you can use your last RP to shattering strikes with a frost strike for a big frost strike at the end of it all, everytime. And it's nice to have that reliable big damage at the end of it all knowing you'll always have something that can finish the job and then use your sindy as a finisher or before as you want the extra frost damage on frozen breath from your 5min cd which can hit for anything from 200-800k. Overall you should play around with everything and see what you find being the best.

Also worth mentioning blind or stun talent is optional and depends on what your comp needs.

Best of luck!

C51bowq.png

#6 Lemuria

Lemuria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/0/.

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:21 PM

http://us.battle.net...tor#dZa!0011021
This has ended up to be my personal favourite combined with 1 minute emp rune wep and compose aura or magic damage increase depending on my comp. Also root on remorseless which should be used almost off cd and 3d one should line back up with your pillar.

It seems like frost is the spec you can play around with the most and have just about as much success with anything. I know another death knight friend of mine who's around 2600 currently and he prefers playing with something like this http://us.battle.net...#dZa!1111021but personally I despite playing talons and frozen pulse as when you're playing with the hunger ingredients rune talent i find it to be even more useless but some people likes it, and I don't. I think even some try to hide what they play and it can make a big difference. I do think the build I'm playing is completely broken though and I'll tell a little bit why

Altough losing razor ice stacks can feel petty bad it's worth it because of how it can be played out. In a usual scenario when I got big dick coming up in usually make sure to have a little bit of RP so Sindragosa won't randomly fall off before you manage to start pumping damage. So you naturally use pillar of frost and remorseless winter and then proceed to use Sindragosa and empower rune weapon which will literally give you unlimited runes for the duration of it while you're spamming obliterates off gcd while having breath pump even more damage and using RP increases duration and damage of remorseless winter it all adds into a low gcd per damage done enabling you to do so much damage within little time. And I sometimes even end up having breath going for close to 20 seconds almost. And when they drop low enough you can use your last RP to shattering strikes with a frost strike for a big frost strike at the end of it all, everytime. And it's nice to have that reliable big damage at the end of it all knowing you'll always have something that can finish the job and then use your sindy as a finisher or before as you want the extra frost damage on frozen breath from your 5min cd which can hit for anything from 200-800k. Overall you should play around with everything and see what you find being the best.

Also worth mentioning blind or stun talent is optional and depends on what your comp needs.

Best of luck!

Shattering Strikes should go nice with the pvp talent Tundra Stalker, shouldn't? Idk I see people going for Chill Streak, honestly, I don't feel like doing that much dmg even when it bounces 5 times :/

#7 moneky

moneky

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

Shattering Strikes should go nice with the pvp talent Tundra Stalker, shouldn't? Idk I see people going for Chill Streak, honestly, I don't feel like doing that much dmg even when it bounces 5 times :/

You should play 1 minute cd emp weapon, it's fucking amazing with hungering rune

C51bowq.png

#8 Leerooy

Leerooy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2640

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:58 PM

Yea i've tried that, can literally breath forever with hungering rune 

Official Blizzard Quote:

http://i44.tinypic.com/256eqld.png

#9 moneky

moneky

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:36 PM

Yea i've tried that, can literally breath forever with hungering rune 

yeah its insane

C51bowq.png

#10 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2046
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:57 PM

I play fDk with this stuff at 2,5 2v2 and 3v3 still pushing higher but was away for over a week. :P Normal talents 1/2/1/3/2/3/1 shattering, frozen pulse, faster pillar, aoe stun, autoattack absorb, longer winter, obliteration. With the longer winter even if the enemy healer dispells stun stacks he gets stunned. Breath does 40% dmg in pvp so it's useless.fstrike is your biggest dmg and it replaces it. For pvp talents I go 1/x/3(2 vs mages)/3(I play with DH)/2/1. Artifact path go Sindragosa>Dot explosion>howling blast dmg+frost strike range and last one u pick is razorice dmg.

#11 moneky

moneky

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:24 PM

I play fDk with this stuff at 2,5 2v2 and 3v3 still pushing higher but was away for over a week. :P Normal talents 1/2/1/3/2/3/1 shattering, frozen pulse, faster pillar, aoe stun, autoattack absorb, longer winter, obliteration. With the longer winter even if the enemy healer dispells stun stacks he gets stunned. Breath does 40% dmg in pvp so it's useless.fstrike is your biggest dmg and it replaces it. For pvp talents I go 1/x/3(2 vs mages)/3(I play with DH)/2/1. Artifact path go Sindragosa>Dot explosion>howling blast dmg+frost strike range and last one u pick is razorice dmg.

I would like to see the damage of your frozen pulse playing with such a rune efficient build i doubt youre capped during damage time. certainly viable aswell though but breath doesnt actually hit that low considering its off gcd

Edited by moneky, 06 November 2016 - 09:25 PM.

C51bowq.png

#12 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:06 AM

Horn of winter is waste of gcd. 25% more dot dmg is still nothing and 25% howling blast dmg is nice but only meaningful with rime proc and it's like 50k more dmg then noncrit. Frozen pulse triggers with 1 rune now so basically 24/7 unless you just come out of cc/ use rune wep or obliteration. Atleast I am rune starved when soing dmg on a target. Even with obliteration I tend to obliterate prio over fstrike unless I'm at 100rp since you get 20rp per 1 rune which is a better deal for me than a guaranteed obliterate crit by frpst striking

Edit. I much rather do 300-550k frost strikes than 2 ticks of 50k breath and 150-350k obliterates. You might think it increases your dps by spamming obliterate with breath up but actually just spamming frost strike does more dps in pvp because of the breath nerf.
I agree obliteration is boring and playing breath is more 'skill' to be able to breath for 30+ sec but unless they revert the dmg nerf in pvp it's useless. If you research this, in pve it's a dps loss to pick breath over leaving that talent tier empty and thats with breath doing 100% dmg instead of 40%.

Edited by xogen, 07 November 2016 - 03:15 AM.

#13 moneky

moneky

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:52 AM

Horn of winter is waste of gcd. 25% more dot dmg is still nothing and 25% howling blast dmg is nice but only meaningful with rime proc and it's like 50k more dmg then noncrit. Frozen pulse triggers with 1 rune now so basically 24/7 unless you just come out of cc/ use rune wep or obliteration. Atleast I am rune starved when soing dmg on a target. Even with obliteration I tend to obliterate prio over fstrike unless I'm at 100rp since you get 20rp per 1 rune which is a better deal for me than a guaranteed obliterate crit by frpst striking
Edit. I much rather do 300-550k frost strikes than 2 ticks of 50k breath and 150-350k obliterates. You might think it increases your dps by spamming obliterate with breath up but actually just spamming frost strike does more dps in pvp because of the breath nerf.
I agree obliteration is boring and playing breath is more 'skill' to be able to breath for 30+ sec but unless they revert the dmg nerf in pvp it's useless. If you research this, in pve it's a dps loss to pick breath over leaving that talent tier empty and thats with breath doing 100% dmg instead of 40%.

I've seen people top logs with breath but it's all with a really high uptime due to a certain playstyle

C51bowq.png

#14 Fornz0r

Fornz0r
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1603
  • 3v3: 2141

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:16 AM

Is chill streak any good? Saw Mes using it today, instead of Tundra Stalker. Stalker feels pretty strong tho

#15 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2361
  • RBG: 1831

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:09 AM

Is chill streak any good? Saw Mes using it today, instead of Tundra Stalker. Stalker feels pretty strong tho

I love chill streak, if used correctly the dmg can be insane plus the snare.

Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#16 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:13 AM

I wouldn't play chill streak. 15% max hp dmg on one and 10% on one is not a lot for a cd ability. Rather hit even harder with your biggest dmg ability or go 1min rune wep if you play with breath.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<