Photo

Maybe there is hope

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:29 AM

Took me about 2-3 hours to get 10 wins in 2v2 @ 1600 rating.

I wont even attempt to get the item, cant win a single game anyways, waste of time

#22 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1593
  • 3v3: 1642
  • 5v5: 1628
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:48 PM

Started 2.4 cr on my adventure to get my 10 wins, was 1.9cr by the time i finally got my 10th win.  

THEN I DIDNT GET AN ITEM AT ALL JUST NULL QUEST ISNT EVEN FINISHED ITS JUST 10/10 

THANKS BLIZZARD

i sold my account zeynaa isnt mine anymore

#23 waniqutie

waniqutie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2405
  • RBG: 1148

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:39 PM

Nope.. theres no hope

**** HOLINKA

#24 zzu

zzu
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1346
  • 3v3: 2831

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:38 PM

Started 2.4 cr on my adventure to get my 10 wins, was 1.9cr by the time i finally got my 10th win.  

THEN I DIDNT GET AN ITEM AT ALL JUST NULL QUEST ISNT EVEN FINISHED ITS JUST 10/10 

THANKS BLIZZARD

my mmr was 2600 and cr 2509 when 7.0.3 hit, yday i played with a group finder monk who declined me first cus i was a warrior, but I  managed to convince to play, and alost to a 2k panda monk who killed in the opener through bubble (w help from his disc) was a good game

Edited by zzu, 30 October 2016 - 08:39 PM.

#25 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:46 PM

my mmr was 2600 and cr 2509 when 7.0.3 hit, yday i played with a group finder monk who declined me first cus i was a warrior, but I  managed to convince to play, and alost to a 2k panda monk who killed in the opener through bubble (w help from his disc) was a good game

that was me on my alt, "hahawarriors"

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 onurer1994

onurer1994
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 2456

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:47 PM

Warriors are ok other melees not they should nerf all other melees(most specs) rather than buffing warriors

#27 Maxish

Maxish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1665
  • 3v3: 2975
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1682

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

hey guys dont be down i feel for you sometimes life isnt easy but YOU CHOSE YOUR CLASS FOR A REASON. when your class wasnt performing in the past, did that get you down? when that rmd made you sit through endless cc for days on end, did that make you reroll? ok some of you probably did     NO IT DIDNT BECAUSE YOU ARE WARRIORS. anyway i made you this poster, get well soon 

b1d9f1f4a40bc1c3f8708647f584f3ee.jpg

Edited by Maxish, 30 October 2016 - 09:24 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Saiyko

Saiyko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1555
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:07 AM

When our class was shit in the past it was at least fun to play and you could make something work.

Now its not only bad but the fun of the class has been sucked away too, first time PvP as a Warrior doesn't appeal to me (wish I was over-exaggerating). That plus its extremely frustrating to play.

#29 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:09 AM

YOU CHOSE YOUR CLASS FOR A REASON. 

Betcha.

And the good part of this reason, or rather those reasons, has been pruned out of the class' kit and handed to other classes in the name of class identity.

#30 Saiyko

Saiyko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1555
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:33 AM

Betcha.

And the good part of this reason, or rather those reasons, has been pruned out of the class' kit and handed to other classes in the name of class identity.

Losing Charge stun was devastating tbh. That alongside stances/access to Protection abilities as Arms.

Even worse when you see stuff like improved Hamstring taken from us and given to Monks with the exact same icon.

#31 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:01 AM

Or Retaliation to Rets. But that's not the point. 

I could (and did, in the beginning of WoD) write an essay on what's wrong about this indiscriminate pruning, but there will always be someone who claims it was the right thing to do. 

And in a way they are right indeed: some abilities became way too powerful, but that's got more to do with what was added on top of an already working kit. 

Pruning after MoP had to be done. And I understand there will be a huge period of settling since WoD went way too far on that.

But the situation now, after being promised quick constant updates and not breaking spec hierarchies, and the usual lack of cure in treating the Warrior class really really gets to my "nerves".

#32 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:19 PM

Took me about 2-3 hours to get 10 wins in 2v2 @ 1600 rating.

i tried queing with a multi r1 warrior friend to get some 1800 2v2 wins. our first game was vs a frost dk healer. needless to say it ended with me being emoted and flag of ownershipped by someone with a jenkins title

#33 Telepatico

Telepatico
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1688

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:31 PM

i tried queing with a multi r1 warrior friend to get some 1800 2v2 wins. our first game was vs a frost dk healer. needless to say it ended with me being emoted and flag of ownershipped by someone with a jenkins title

Actually, i'm typing /afk everytime I see a DK/Healer. Srsly, it is so stupid to watch DK chasing my healer no matter what... 

LMAO "jenkins title" !

#34 TheFreedomSong

TheFreedomSong
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 1625

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

I main an spriest now. Been playing a warrior since Catacylsm. I got to level 106 and had a premonition of the Warriors current state. Immediately stopped playing and rerolled my priest at the beginning of this expansion. This shit happened in season 1 of Cata. Warriors were op and things were fun. Then the nerfs happened... Warriors were complete garbage for the entirety of Cata, forcing them to only viable through pve gear/carries. Remember Heroic Gurthalak days? You were shit without it to carry you. Hamstring on the gcd was one of those reasons as to why warriors were bad in Cata.

It's Cata all over again boys. Not trying to play warrior in another expansion that's the worst for them. Glad I went spriest.

#35 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:18 PM

Cata had completely different issues compared to what we have now, and it was mainly due to the fact that it's Warriors who always pay flavour for gameplay.

It's the reason why Fury - as good as fun as it is and could be - can't be viable: a passive core mechanic forces the player to take more damage. And this writes the spec out of any form of PvP. 

Given that Arms is what it is now, and Protection should never have any place in competitive proper PvP (as any Prot specs), the whole picture for the class looks grim. 

In Cataclysm, let's not forget, we had the damage. Not the competitive, apt one without the mini Recklessness trinket from DS and any difficulty's Gurthalak.

And we had our kit, equally important. 

The problem in Cata was the beginning of the absurdities of certain choices we could make: interrupts that also silence, Heroic Leap on top of Charge/ Intercept AND a stun+knockback, 20 - 25 yd Demo Shout that also broke stealth.

Those were all wrong design choices that had to be corrected - and they were. 
But the action has been on Warrior mechanics that allowed for choices and in the long run that's where we fell, on absurd pruning at the cost of fun and meaningful choices. 

When we lost Charge stun and kept Stormbolt, the class was done for. It exemplifies everything that's wrong with the class' design.

If you used your Charge to stun, you didn't just stun somebody: you actively made the decision to use one of your gapclosers as CCs, and it would cost you if the decision was uncalled for or the momentum wasn't in your favor. 
Same for Intercept, but on a bigger scale: a more powerful stun in exchange for a switch into a stance that allowed you to create more pressure but in turn made you take more damage. You had to be careful with it.

Compare it to Stormbolt: a 30y physical 5s stun. No downsides aside from the not so long cooldown. 

The pruning reached the bottom of the barrel in WoD, Legion has no guilt in that. It's that it's the proverbial last straw, and I feel like most of the Warrior playerbase is so worn off by the continuity of dartboard nerfs and overall reaction of the PvP community that sometimes it isn't even worth the effort, whatever this effort may lead to.

#36 Vexxius

Vexxius
  • Premium Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms 2/2/2/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1275
  • 3v3: 1875
  • 5v5: 1147
  • RBG: 957
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 October 2016 - 05:51 PM

MADE MY DAY.

#37 Bladek

Bladek
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/2/2/2/1/0/2

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:48 PM

Shame they dont even make any effort to make at least 1 warrior spec viable. Arms is terrible right now, but fury is even worse. Hey, take this spec where you deal less damage but actually take more damage! Sounds good! :(

I remember playing fury during the first season of WoD and it was doing pretty cool. Back then you actually could play both fury and arms (with gladiator prot warr thingy also being available for a while) and now...well now we dont have even half a spec to play.

#38 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:08 PM

Arms in WoD wasn't even half a spec, it was a broken tool with demented spiky damage.

#39 Bladek

Bladek
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/2/2/2/1/0/2

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:09 PM

Sure, but now we have neither damage nor utility.

Edited by Bladek, 31 October 2016 - 11:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<