• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:54 AM

Fortune Turned healing bonus increased to 50% per stack for 2 stacks (was 15% per stack for 3 stacks).

This could be huge, which means if I got time to cast, I could top anything.
What you think?

#2 armyveteran248

armyveteran248
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1041

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:44 PM

With TFT giving aura mastery, and its CD refreshed by RTK, getting Effuse casts off shouldn't be a problem.

#3 ottishen

ottishen
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1645
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1334

Posted 25 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

With TFT giving aura mastery, and its CD refreshed by RTK, getting Effuse casts off shouldn't be a problem.

The aura mastery will be a separate spell from TFT in 7.1, so you can no longer reset the cooldown via RSK.

The question is if this change will make Ancient Mistweaver Arts viable, as you will no longer need to cast as much, thus helping in preventing us from ooming so fast with it.

Unfortunately Surging Mist will most likely still be too strong though :<

#4 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

Fortune turned is good now and ancient healing arts don't feel bad at all either. Normal soothing mist heals for 20k, while AMA soothing mist heals for 28k and you can stay mobile while pumping out sick effuses. Single target healing definitely feels really strong now, compared to 7.0.3.

The only annoying part is that you actually need a proper /stopcasting macro now.

Also if anyone needs a working macro for AMA soothing mist, it's like this, or however you want to use it.

#showtooltip

/cast [@player] Soothing Mist(Honor Talent)

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#5 Dkhardtoplay

Dkhardtoplay
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Der abyssische Rat
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2512
  • 3v3: 2205
  • 5v5: 192
  • Locationfunland

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:28 PM

The aura mastery will be a separate spell from TFT in 7.1, so you can no longer reset the cooldown via RSK.

The question is if this change will make Ancient Mistweaver Arts viable, as you will no longer need to cast as much, thus helping in preventing us from ooming so fast with it.

Unfortunately Surging Mist will most likely still be too strong though :<

Surge of Mist just got nerfed to 8 sec cd. I think this makes AMA very viable, since with SoM healing multiple targets will be really hard.

Good teams might actually bait the surging mist and swap, in which case it takes us 8 sec until we have full hps on the target.

The statue is much worse with AMA though, since it only casts while you're channeling, which lowers our hps while ccd drastically.

#6 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:01 PM

I tried out Ancient Mistweaver Arts extensively last night. The ability to get multiple EMs on multiple targets, then immediately LOS and channel, is really powerful. AMA is especially overpowered when the enemy team doesn't realize you're specced AMA. But...

I'm not sure about long-term viability. It works great against melee with no ranged interrupts who are not on you. Otherwise, not convinced.

- Channeling SM leaves you so vulnerable to ranged interrupts at all times. Lots of DHs and resto shamans out there. This also makes for a nerve-wracking playstyle.

- Is anyone able to pull off SM–Spell–cancel consistently without getting interrupted? It seems a good DPS with decent latency will just know to kick you immediately. 

- Not speccing AMA allows you to fully take advantage of the artifact trait: take 10% less dmg while channeling SM.

- AMA playstyle feels gimmicky in general.

Thoughts?

#7 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:36 PM

how do you cancel the channel? i assume since it's no longer possible to cancel/juke by moving like you could in WOD (assuming you take mist wrap) that any macro for AMA would involve toggling the channel -- once to start, once to stop. can anyone help me figure out how to do that, though? I tried out several variations last night but either the channel would only cancel the first time, or they involved using a toggle. would that @player macro listed above function similarly to the way I'm describing?

#8 Dkhardtoplay

Dkhardtoplay
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Der abyssische Rat
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2512
  • 3v3: 2205
  • 5v5: 192
  • Locationfunland

Posted 27 October 2016 - 05:17 PM

I tried out Ancient Mistweaver Arts extensively last night. The ability to get multiple EMs on multiple targets, then immediately LOS and channel, is really powerful. AMA is especially overpowered when the enemy team doesn't realize you're specced AMA. But...

I'm not sure about long-term viability. It works great against melee with no ranged interrupts who are not on you. Otherwise, not convinced.

- Channeling SM leaves you so vulnerable to ranged interrupts at all times. Lots of DHs and resto shamans out there. This also makes for a nerve-wracking playstyle.

- Is anyone able to pull off SM–Spell–cancel consistently without getting interrupted? It seems a good DPS with decent latency will just know to kick you immediately. 

- Not speccing AMA allows you to fully take advantage of the artifact trait: take 10% less dmg while channeling SM.

- AMA playstyle feels gimmicky in general.

Thoughts?

Yea, I tried it for myself aswell and I have to agree with you on every point.

Looked good at the start, but if you are getting trained or enemy team has a lot of interrupts it's much safer to just use Surge of Mists.

#9 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1533
  • 3v3: 2505
  • RBG: 1327

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:15 PM

You just use a stopcasting macro to stop the channel.

AMA has a shit ton of potential tbh, soothing mists only triggers a 0.5 sec gcd so you can get that enveloping up and stopcasting before most people even think about interrupting. You can also bait interrupts with instant cancels etc.

Problem is kickbots are once again going to annoy the fuck out of you.

The statue thing sucks too, soothing only channels whilst your character is channeling as opposed to having a 20 second channel by itself when you run surge.

Zen focus and Thunder focus still break the channel on use too. It'd be a huge QoL change to make them like spirit walkers grace where you can use them whilst casting.

Also on the topic of thunder focus, it's most likely a bug given using instant EnV doesn't consume a TFT charge when you run surge... It DOES take a thunder focus charge when you run AmA and instant EnV during the channel. So you use a charge to make something that's already instant... instant.

Fortune Turned is also a great talent, hell even healing spheres have their place. Just a shame that most of the arena games you join end up with a party bug so NEITHER actually fucking work on teammates.

#10 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

this might be a dumb question, but is it possible to write both the soothing channel and the stopcast into a single macro?

i've tried a bunch of different things but they've all run into the same problem, where the first time I use the macro I'll start the channel, and the second time i use it the channel will stop -- so far, that's in line with what I want -- but after the second time I start channeling, the macro no longer stops the cast. can I create a soothing "toggle" in one button? or when you say to use a stopcast macro do you mean that I'll need a dedicated key for canceling casts?

for reference, this is the macro I tried most recently:

#showtooltip soothing mist(honor talent)
/cast [nochanneling] soothing mist (honor talent)
/stopcast [channeling]

I've also tried putting "soothing mist (honor talent) inside both the channeling and nochanneling brackets, i.e. [channeling:soothing mist(honor talent)], but I get the same issue.

#11 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1533
  • 3v3: 2505
  • RBG: 1327

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

/cast [nochanneling] !soothing mist(honor talent)
/stopcasting [channeling]

Does what you want.

There again yours should work, the only way i can get it to act the way you describe is dropping the [nochanneling] from soothing (providing you didn't use /stopcast instead of /stopcasting)

Edited by Korzul, 27 October 2016 - 08:49 PM.

#12 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

After playing some arena tonight, AMA + fortune turned is good. Maybe not always 100 %, but if you play a comp like destro boomie mw, you can freecast all day and only need to worry about mana management.

#13 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:40 PM

/cast [nochanneling] !soothing mist(honor talent)
/stopcasting [channeling]

Does what you want.

There again yours should work, the only way i can get it to act the way you describe is dropping the [nochanneling] from soothing (providing you didn't use /stopcast instead of /stopcasting)

thanks a lot, fingers crossed, I'll try it tonight. what is the exclamation mark for? that's the most obvious difference between yours and mine as far as I can tell (I did use stopcasting instead of stopcast). also, any idea why I'm seeing @player in some peoples' AMA macros? is there any use beyond guaranteeing it doesn't fail to channel altogether?

#14 Creptius

Creptius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/0/0/0

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:16 AM

Zen focus and Thunder focus still break the channel on use too. It'd be a huge QoL change to make them like spirit walkers grace where you can use them whilst casting.

TFT was usable while casting in WoD, I don't know why it's not allowing you to use it now. Using TFT when you thought someone was going to interrupt you to avoid it was great. I'm really sad that you can't do that anymore. 

#15 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:41 PM

so, no idea why, but the macro didn't work for me again. I can start the channel and stop it once, but if I start it again, rather than cancelling the cast, further presses just restart the channel from the beginning. just posting out of curiosity re: whether anyone else got it to work. for now I just bound a separate dedicated stopcast key. tbh though the more I fuck around with AMA the less it feels like the extra healing on the channel itself is worth giving up on the statue continuously copying the channel

#16 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

Who cares about soothing mist, it's the 0.5 sec cast 530k non-crit and 750k crit effuses that you can cast on the move that make that talent good.

#17 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:39 AM

Bind a '/stopcasting' in RSK?

#18 StabbyMcStab

StabbyMcStab
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/2/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1545
  • 3v3: 1566

Posted 23 November 2016 - 12:43 AM

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but can you guys give me the general pvp talents for MW monks?

I know its heavenly depends on the enemy comp but can you point me in the general direction since a friend just started healing in 3s and needs some adive.

We plan to play Ret/MWmonk/Fmage or Fdk, just for some background information.

Any help is greatly appritiated.

#19 hordziak

hordziak
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • 2v2: 1479
  • 3v3: 1840

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:56 AM

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but can you guys give me the general pvp talents for MW monks?

I know its heavenly depends on the enemy comp but can you point me in the general direction since a friend just started healing in 3s and needs some adive.

im not an expert, in fact my rating is low, but playing MW monk for quite some time, and in current meta its more like "kill, before you OOM" or i feel that way.

True, alot depends on comp you playing, and comp you play vs. on Eu you will meet alot of Lock,Ferals which makes you want to lie down and cry, cuz you burn mana in 30 sec. 

lets wait for replay from some 2k+

#20 UncleDodo

UncleDodo
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • 2v2: 1724
  • 3v3: 2348
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:35 AM

AMA is pretty much the best right now for bursthealing, EM talent is good for mana saving I guess. Rest of the talents are pretty much cookiecutter build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<