Hunax93
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • 2v2: 288

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:51 PM

Hey guys, I just need few tips on how to organize my action bars. Which spells should i put on main bar , which should I put on the side? Watching streamers and high level PvPers I realised , that they keep on the bottom bar only the spells that has CDs , and everything else on the side and they hide it so they have more space. Is this the real reason why they do it? Also why they have a spell like 2 or 3 times on the bars? Sometimes they are not even keybined or macros, just a normal spell.

#2 Agnosis

Agnosis
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1453
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1654
  • RBG: 1570

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:45 PM

Having multiple icons for the same spell helps to make it visually easier to track the cd of those abilities. When 3 buttons appear to be the same spell, one of them can be the actual spell, and the other 2 are most likely other abilities macroed with #showtooltip <ability1>. 

In general when customizing your action bars, the key is to have the most important abilities on easy-access binds that are also easy to visually keep track of. Interrupts and defensive cds require more immediate attention than dmg rotation gap fillers. There are many different approaches to action bars layout. Personally I play with default ui and swap between bar 1 and 2 using mouse scroll up and down, and have bar 3-6 as normal. This way you can benefit doubly from the most easy-access binds. You can obviously do that for bar 3-6 too, but Ive found swapping between 1 and 2 to be most convenient. 

As for hiding additional bars, its just to make it look more clean. It shouldnt have much impact on gameplay unless you really cant focus due to the added clutter on the screen =P

There are also many class restrictions when it comes to using #showtooltip to duplicate abilities and hiding bars. Abilities that require resources other than mana are good to keep track of, despite the ability having no cd and little impact overall. Whereas most classes using mana can neglect them without much drawback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<