• EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2388
  • 3v3: 2031
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1825

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:51 PM

I would like to know, how the unstable affliction damage works.

Sometimes I stack it up 3 times (or whatever) and do 100k damage every tick. If I refresh the UA duration with the Rot and Decay talent and add another stack of UA, a few seconds later it will do only 80k damage per tick.

I thought, that if I refresh UA everytime before it expires and add a few stacks from time to time, the damage per tick will increase, but it doesnt work like this.

Any Explanation?

#2 OzCymru

OzCymru
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2146
  • RBG: 1609

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:51 PM

Lets say a single UA ticks for 20k, lasts 8s and will tick 4 times. So each cast would do 80k total damage.

If you cast 3 UAs back to back, you would have applied 240k total UA damage*. The tooltip would show it doing (240/4) 60k damage per tick.

Then you wait for that large UA stack to have 1 tick remaining and recast UA, you are adding that final 60k tick damage to a new 80k total UA. That would make the refreshed UA have 140k total damage but now each tick would be down to (140/4) 35k damage.

The damage added to the next UA you apply is the remaining damage from the previous UA. This is why you want to always recast UA onto a max duration debuff to make sure you roll over as much damage as possible. This is why Rot and Decay is so good if you can extend UA to the maximum duration it lets you before you cast UA again.

Sorry if I haven't explained this very clearly!

*some damage would be lost when mashing UA as I think DoTs keep ticking while you reapply them

#3 tiyona

tiyona
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2388
  • 3v3: 2031
  • RBG: 1825

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

This is very well explained. Thank You!

#4 Atosy

Atosy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 3078
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

This is the easy part. Now the mindfuck part: why does (lets say I already applied 2 UAs immediatelly each after) my 3rd UA gives +10k dmg/tick and the 4th gives +120k dmg/tick?!

It has something to do with Compound Horror, but this shit is broken af.

#5 Drizzilx

Drizzilx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 1/0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1809
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

It's completely changed on the PTR for 7.1 now too.  On the PTR currently UA actually each has its own spell icon debuff on the target and you can cast it up to 5 times on something (so shows 5 separate UAs on them each with its own timer)  Originally they were having it show a stacking number from 1 to 5 but that just got changed, for whatever reason, but they must have been having issues with it because Rot and Decay was not refreshing UA before.  The other good thing about the 5 separate UA icons is that each one buffs your shadow bite damage from your fel hunter by 50% each, so you get 7 buffs to shadow bite damage from corruption, Agony and 5 UAs.

Now on the PTR Rot and Decay is refreshing the duration of UA and you can let it drop all the way down to 1 second left and when you refresh it with Rot and Decay it still does 100% of its original damage per tick.  It also feels like Rot and Decay is adding 3 seconds per drain lift tick as opposed to 2 seconds like it was on live, it feels much easier to keep UA's refreshed to full duration now on the PTR.

I can see you being able to possibly UA stack two targets and keep them up now with the way UA and Rot and Decay is working on the ptr since you wont lose any damage anymore on your stacks if you are a bit slow on refreshing them (unless you let them completely drop off).  You have to work around people dispelling your stacks which will be less punishing for them to do now since they are lowering the backlash damage for dispelling them, but think that if you constantly keep stacking two targets that it will make it much harder for them to keep up.

Edited by Drizzilx, 10 October 2016 - 09:20 PM.

#6 viperlz

viperlz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/2/1

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:46 PM

can any or both of you help me on this thread please? 

http://www.arenajunk...ction-rotation/

#7 Denmagiska

Denmagiska
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:01 AM

Apply unstable affliction to target:
Use Drain Life.
Apply Unstable Affliction again only when Rot and Decay has refreshed UA back to 12-14 sec. (Meaning once you see a number from 12-14 on your Unstable Affliction debuff, reapply UA)

Keep doing this infinitely.
Collect points.
JK, dispel before you can ramp it up.

Seriously though, Unstable Affliction and Rot and Decay is broken. You can build an infinitely huge UA. Gotten some ticking for over a million each tick because russians refuse to dispel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<