#1 Summoner1

Summoner1
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:41 PM

So i think opening as disc is very important thing since you have to deal some damage and also fear , as a holy i can usually just stay back and heal but as a disc i think i have to rush in and fear , nuke etc , so how do you do it? do you rush in and try to catch them all on fear then assist on dps or just stay back and wait for an opportunity to do that? what cds do you use during the opener? 

#2 earanir

earanir

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

Hi there!

Im not really a high level disc player but i do have some thoughts that might help.

First of all it depends on the comp you play and the comp the enemy plays. If you play against a heavy cleave comp you dont want to be out in the open in the first place. if you run in the middle of the fight  when it begins to fear you are basically giving your enemy a free opportunity to cc you and quickly take control of the fight. this could be very bad for us as disc. the game just started and you are already behind the enemy. (+ I find that disc have more trouble catching up in a fight then other healers)

even if you are to run back behind a pillar after you do that any minor slow  would be enough to keep you in the fight for a long time.

Myself I rather wait for the opportunity to do dmg/fear.  since both of these actions also make you slightly more vulnerable at that time. 

If you are in a  safe position towards both your ally's and enemy's and no other actions (dispell-heal-reposition) are required then go ahead and go nuts with dmg =D. 

but if any other stuff needs to be done it always has a priority.

you dont want to fall behind in healing because you are dealing dmg. and since disc priests max. healing output can at sometimes be lower then other healers  it happens more often that you simply need more time to heal wich also lowers the time that you are free to deal dmg. 

Having shadow word: pain up is always a well spend globalcooldown if you have free time. it adds decent dmg and gives you a chance to proc : Power of the Dark Side: wich is a artifact trait that  gives a chance on SW:P to empower your next penance to deal or heal for 50% more. using : Mindbender: is also a good used GCD if you have free time that  does moderate dmg and adds towards your atonement making it an effective group HoT if you have atonement up. Its not OP or even strong at all but the possibility to do it is there and it helps increasing your total healing output both for a group or single target.

another thing i want to add is that having premonition(honor talent) to break cc such as  poly/blind/fear also makes you able to play more aggresive. without it you are vulnerable to these forms of cc when standing  away from your good old Pillar friend.

So long story short - being able to deal decent dmg as a disc is nice, But your always a healer first ^^a dmg dealer second(ish).

About the cooldowns used. Currently I think your gues is as good as mine.

Ps: if you find yourself dealing dmg vs double kick combo's and you get kicked on your holy+shadow tree you can always cast your holy wrath ability since it does not completely share the spellschool with holy. this can ofc also be done if you are getting kicked on both schools while healing. it does good  dmg and the heal transfered through atonement with it is quite a nice filler if you have no other options and running away is impossible.

(getting kicked on holy spell school does not  disable your holy wrath ability - getting kicked on your holy wrath ability DOES lock your holy school!!)

I hope this helps ^^ of  if its just a little bit.

#3 earanir

earanir

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:12 AM

I hope this helps ^^ of  if its just a little bit.

i hope this helps ^^ even if its just a little bit.

#4 guyfawkesforlose

guyfawkesforlose
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/2/2/.

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

pardon my display of noob, but what is or where do I find holy wrath? Also, do you have a recommended order for artifact talents or perhaps a link to a good guide? Thanks for the strategy help you've already given, have a good day buddy.

#5 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 0/2/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 1790
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:00 PM

pardon my display of noob, but what is or where do I find holy wrath? Also, do you have a recommended order for artifact talents or perhaps a link to a good guide? Thanks for the strategy help you've already given, have a good day buddy.

He's talking about the Light's Wrath ability from the discipline artifact weapon of the same name.

Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:  http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

Feral tears  :wub:

#6 earanir

earanir

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:37 PM

First i unlocked confession

then I started working towards 'Power of the dark side' first and took ' share in the light' as well. After that i went back to the other side  and unlocked  ' vestments of disciple' working  towards  'speed of the pious'

To me this was the most prefered  path because i wanted to get  ' power of the dark side' asap before my artifact lvl cost became to high.

I would not go as  far and  say this would be the best/or one of the best paths to take. Its just my personal prefered.

I have no clue what others run but my opinion was that 'Power of the dark side' is one of the more impactfull traits you can get so early.

ofcourse you need to have good uptime of Shadow word: Pain else you waste the trait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<