The arena comp name "The Waking Madness" is derived from the word Waking which means the awakening of wind walker monk in arena in the new legion expansion. Historically, wind walker monk has only a single comp to run which is The Walking Dead (DK/WW Monk/Healer). The second word Madness, which refers to the new mechanics for shadow priests which is insanity (madness) which is a new resource when it's capped to full will grant the shadow priest shadow form (Tentacle Form).
Wind Walker Monk
1. The best healer for this comp will be Resto Shaman, as shadow priest can provide a lot of utilities to save the shaman such as Void Shift (Swap health), Mass Dispel, Vampiric Embrace, Power Word: Shield (Bubble) and also Off heals with Shadow Mend.
3. Before swapping it's best to coordinate chain CC, for example Fist of Fury to stun one target and Psychic Scream (Fear) two players or silence one. Another Cross CC will be Paralysis from the monk and Hex from the shaman on two different targets at the same time.
4. It's best to mind control target that pops offensive cooldowns on your shaman
6. Coordinate Defensive Cooldowns with your shaman and not to overlap it, your team has a lot of defensive cooldown i.e Void Shift to Monk and Touch of Karma, Dispersion, Void Shift Shaman to Save Him, Spirit Link Totem, Vampiric Embrace Heals, Offheals from priest and monk.
7. Keep DoTs (even on pets) to maximize instant mind blast procs and self heals from Vampiric Embrace
10. Shaman can pop Counterstrike Totem when both enemy pop their offensive cooldowns especially melee classes which usually result in them killing themselves.
- Dominos - Action Bars - To easily move around abilities on your UI and set keybinding.
- Tidy Plates - To see enemy health bars and what debuff have been applied to them.
- GladiatorLosSA - Will notify you when enemy have used their cooldowns.
- Gladius - To view enemy health bars, trinkets, crowd control and diminishing returns status
- Omnibar - To view enemy interrupts and cooldowns.
- Recount - To view damage and healing done.
The Waking Madness Arena 3v3 Comp Video: