• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2256
  • RBG: 1616

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:47 AM

Hey,

Does anyone have any addon recommendations for how to enable a specific nameplate for things like counterstrike totem / spirit link while ignoring everything else?

I used to use Aloft in Wrath for tremor totem but that stopped being updated a long time ago, I am not very interested in using the standard interface for targeting things like counterstrike when ele shamans are stacking them into walls and the totem name doesn't even come up over the nameplate sometimes, etc.

So basically what I want to do is add a specific colour nameplate for important totems, with another color for or disabling unimportant name plates.

I asked someone if Tidyplates can achieve what I want but was told it couldn't (I haven't explored that myself yet though), maybe someone knows a way to do it with Tidyplates or can recommend a different addon - thanks in advanced. =) 

#2 Beargryllsx

Beargryllsx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Anetheron
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2294
  • 5v5: 2221
  • RBG: 1858

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:21 PM

A friend told me to get Tidy Plates + Tidy Plates: Threat Plates, it works very well for me. I recommend using these two older versions as the newer ones seem to cause lag/fps drop:

https://mods.curse.c...y-plates/945834

https://mods.curse.c...t-plates/946204

Once you got Threat Plates you can basically disable everything except for the totem options tab. There you can chose on which totems you want to have nameplates. It can also show the totem icon above the nameplate - very neat.

Most importantly, you can have these totem nameplates enabled while disabling enemy pet nameplates so you don't get eye cancer when facing nameplate cleaves. It's in the Threat Plates general settings tab.

It might bug out rarely and also show nameplates on the shaman tier 1 talent minor totems but i find this to be the best solution currently available.

Edited by Beargryllsx, 07 October 2016 - 01:21 PM.

#3 crazieh

crazieh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2256
  • RBG: 1616

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:43 PM

A friend told me to get Tidy Plates + Tidy Plates: Threat Plates, it works very well for me. I recommend using these two older versions as the newer ones seem to cause lag/fps drop:

https://mods.curse.c...y-plates/945834

https://mods.curse.c...t-plates/946204

Once you got Threat Plates you can basically disable everything except for the totem options tab. There you can chose on which totems you want to have nameplates. It can also show the totem icon above the nameplate - very neat.

Most importantly, you can have these totem nameplates enabled while disabling enemy pet nameplates so you don't get eye cancer when facing nameplate cleaves. It's in the Tidy Plates general settings tab.

It might bug out rarely and also show nameplates on the shaman tier 1 talent minor totems but i find this to be the best solution currently available.

Woah! That sounds amazing, thanks. Removing the eye cancer from nameplate cleaves is very exciting, will try this tonight! 

• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction 1/0/2/0/2/1/1

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:25 PM

Most importantly, you can have these totem nameplates enabled while disabling enemy pet nameplates so you don't get eye cancer when facing nameplate cleaves. It's in the Threat Plates general settings tab.

I'd just like to expand on this a bit. If you're using the BlizzardPlates widget (for the classic nameplate look), you can achieve similar results by changing the cVar of the various nameplate options. This likely doable with a macro script for those who prefer to play without addons, but I'm not knowledgable enough to do that so I just use AdvancedInterfaceOptions.

Go into the cVar browser -> search nameplate -> set the value to 0 on everything you want, like so:

imgur *dot* com/ifZpRSu *dot* jpg

Then you go into your TidyPlates options and simply add all the totems you want to filter:

imgur *dot* com/e5ndYIa *dot* jpg

Beargryllsx' solution is probably much simpler, but I couldn't find a way for ThreatPlates to work with BlizzardPlates, so this solution works fine if you want the old nameplates. :)

(apologies for the shitty links, I don't have enough posts)

#5 Bawsx

Bawsx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 09 October 2016 - 01:42 PM

If this works i will be so happy!

#6 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:00 AM

I'd just like to expand on this a bit. If you're using the BlizzardPlates widget (for the classic nameplate look), you can achieve similar results by changing the cVar of the various nameplate options. This likely doable with a macro script for those who prefer to play without addons, but I'm not knowledgable enough to do that so I just use AdvancedInterfaceOptions.

Go into the cVar browser -> search nameplate -> set the value to 0 on everything you want, like so:

imgur *dot* com/ifZpRSu *dot* jpg

Then you go into your TidyPlates options and simply add all the totems you want to filter:

imgur *dot* com/e5ndYIa *dot* jpg

Beargryllsx' solution is probably much simpler, but I couldn't find a way for ThreatPlates to work with BlizzardPlates, so this solution works fine if you want the old nameplates. :)

(apologies for the shitty links, I don't have enough posts)

I have blizzardplates as well and I didn't think of filtering. I'm not sure what I'll do yet, maybe set counterstrike totem to 200 % size or wild imps, dk blobs & co to 30 %... but definitely great idea.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#7 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:27 AM

That being said, does someone have a list of all the trash adds and maybe what their cvar category is?

The ones that I want to see top prio are:

- psyfiend

- counterstrike totem

- main pets like water ele, felguard/felhunter, dk ghoul

The ones I sometimes want to see:

- wild imps, just so I know how many of them are around, but I'd ideally like to scale down their nameplates

The ones that could gtfo:

- enha spirit wolves

- most dk pets. However, I don't know exactly what their new abilities in legion are. What do the green blobs do? Can the dks now use army of the dead in arena, how does it work? It also seems they can have a 2nd ghoul around for more zoo cancer.

- same for hunters, how does it work. So they have the main pet and then there's hati, does it just mimic the main pet all the time? Furthermore they also have dire beast if I'm not mistaken?

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<