84 replies to this topic

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1904

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:18 PM

What about the upcoming breath buff for frost in 7.1.5 ? Any ideas ? New popular spec inc imho. Less creativity, and breath spec will be easly outplayable at higher ratings.

Breath Spec has always been strong. I think the buff to breath is gonna put it over the top though and will probably get hot fixed like a few days after it gets buffed. Blizzard makes sure DKs arent overpowered ever again. Something about paying for the atrocities that occured during season 5. Kind of like Germany. Gotta keep on eye on it just to be safe. :)

#62 moneky

moneky

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:36 PM

What I want to say is basically there was a room for creativity before, some dk's would go "sustained-obliteration" some would go "breath". Now it's going to be a one-tick pony, which will force everyone to pay attention to the breath CD if you know what I mean.

Damage wise, the current breath buff will make breath spec unquestionably superior for PvP imho. I am really curious about the developments. If they implement it as the way it is right now, I don't see any other option than to go frost-breath.

eh, thats true i however never liked the oblit talent and went with 1min emp wep and breath and keep breath up for 20-30seconds almost 

C51bowq.png

#63 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2046
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:40 PM

You know breath does 40% dmg in pvp 100%dmg>140%dmg breath will do 56% dmg in pvp. Not very big.

#64 Warmonger_Skulm

Warmonger_Skulm
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1478
  • 3v3: 2600
  • RBG: 768

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:43 AM

Breath Spec has always been strong. I think the buff to breath is gonna put it over the top though and will probably get hot fixed like a few days after it gets buffed. Blizzard makes sure DKs arent overpowered ever again. Something about paying for the atrocities that occured during season 5. Kind of like Germany. Gotta keep on eye on it just to be safe. :)

I am wondering about it as well, nice one :P

eh, thats true i however never liked the oblit talent and went with 1min emp wep and breath and keep breath up for 20-30seconds almost 

Yes Hungering Rune Wep + Breath is very good to utilize in arenas.

You know breath does 40% dmg in pvp 100%dmg>140%dmg breath will do 56% dmg in pvp. Not very big.

I know but looking at the 7.1.5 patch notes, you could pretty much combine breath + necrotic aura etc and get a big burst with sindragosa, Idk if you explored that yet, but with the current status, breath will definitely be superior in PvP. Just let me know about why you think the damage will not be that big in arenas, I am currently running the oblit myself and I am definitely giving breath a shot if it makes to Wednesday patch like this: 

• Breath of Sindragosa (Frost) Continuously deal [ 1 + 175% 250% of AP ] Shadowfrost damage every 1 sec to enemies in a cone in front of you.

Edited by Warmonger_Skulm, 21 November 2016 - 01:05 AM.

#65 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:10 AM

Don't you have like 22k str in arena? So breath will do 45k dmg/sec. Not very impressive. I gave up on frost anyways. Looks like their design of a slow moving bulldozer is not happening. Only gonna play unholy unless they make frost crush bones again. Unholy is more fun.

#66 Warmonger_Skulm

Warmonger_Skulm
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:03 PM

Don't you have like 22k str in arena? So breath will do 45k dmg/sec. Not very impressive. I gave up on frost anyways. Looks like their design of a slow moving bulldozer is not happening. Only gonna play unholy unless they make frost crush bones again. Unholy is more fun.

To be honest I don't know what I like anymore, especially after the second 10% nerf. That was a bit too much imo. So I might be a little excited about the breath spec, because as you have said this slow moving juggernaut idea is not working properly.

I agree Unholy is more fun and has many useful tools etc, but atm its performance in arenas is not making the cut, which is a shame.

Anyway, I believe time will tell, since it is at PTR now, so it has to go live :)

Edited by Warmonger_Skulm, 21 November 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#67 Caricya

Caricya
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/1/0

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:26 AM

The main problem - unholy still has shit dmg, bad spread pressure if comparing with WotLK, MoP.

Disease doing extremly low dmg, Gargoyle doing extremly low dmg, Coils 50-60K ;(

So frost better in every situation, target dmg, aoe ;/

Edited by Caricya, 01 January 2017 - 06:29 PM.

#68 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:53 AM

Replace the sludge with Death Coil 400% dmg and procs desecrate ground. Class is decent then. :P

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:31 AM

The main problem - unholy still has shit dmg, bad spread pressure if comparing with WotLK, MoP.

Disease doing extreme low dmg, Gargoyle doing extreme low dmg, Coils 50-60K ;(

So frost better in every situation, target dmg, aoe ;/

Pretty much. Unholy is by far the more fun / true DK spec but the damage is so bad teams just heal through the shitty low damage while laughing at you and blowing up your team. Even in PVE the spec is really bad damage wise compared to Frost. The problem is, if you buff it even just a bit you risk making it overpowered and blizzard has made sure to keep DKs in check since Season 5. Not gonna happen folks. Just FOTM reroll to something else while blizz gets their crap in order.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

Replace the sludge with Death Coil 400% dmg and procs desecrate ground. Class is decent then. :P

That's a start. Still dont think it would make Unholy viable. I think they need to buff scourge strike and festering strike to 400% weapon damage and 200% weapon damage respectively, give us back deaths advance, give us back silence, give us back desecrated ground, give us back unholy frenzy, give us back the ability to heal our pet again, give us back blood stance but make it passive THEN Unholy will be able to compete with other classes and make us balanced. #LetsMakeUnholyGreatAgain

Edited by Payback, 24 November 2016 - 09:35 AM.

#71 darklift

darklift
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 288

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:38 AM

That's a start. Still dont think it would make Unholy viable. I think they need to buff scourge strike and festering strike to 400% weapon damage and 200% weapon damage respectively, give us back deaths advance, give us back silence, give us back desecrated ground, give us back unholy frenzy, give us back the ability to heal our pet again, give us back blood stance but make it passive THEN Unholy will be able to compete with other classes and make us balanced. #LetsMakeUnholyGreatAgain

That's just too much change that they'll never do. Honestly, I'd just like our 1 sec GCD that we've always had and the ability to heal our pets. The 1 Sec GCD alone would fix so many problems with Unholy.  

#72 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:41 PM

lol^^ the thing is the gonna buff ss and leave ns alone, so yea uh will still be shit in pvp

That's just too much change that they'll never do. Honestly, I'd just like our 1 sec GCD that we've always had and the ability to heal our pets. The 1 Sec GCD alone would fix so many problems with Unholy.  

something like this, or atleast remove GCD from spells like garg/pet/wraithwalker

you need like 5-6 globals to even START the game as uh, when u play against something like a frost dk you're pretty much already dead when your garg starts attacking XD

+uh needs some kind of passive slow or deathsadvance back

just look at fucking monk and compare it to dk, passive slow on autoattacks, can root you, even his FUCKING 30yard TAUNT slows for 50% on 8sec cd OFF GCD, nice game design

Edited by Itsnel, 27 November 2016 - 04:15 AM.

#73 Warmonger_Skulm

Warmonger_Skulm
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:02 PM

It's good to read suggestions as always, they are really creative. However, considering the fact that 7.1.5 is pretty much ignoring unholy and buffing breath spec for frost (still buffed, but may get nerfed when 7.1.5 is going live) pretty much shows that Blizzard wants Frost to excel at PvP, for some strange reason.

I am really biased now, b/c Unholy was promising at the start of Legion, then again, frost buffs and it is out of the equation.

Unholy is such a versatile spec to play, and it actually takes more than 3 buttons, I really don't understand why Blizzard hates it so much.

Good old days of Plague Strike dispelling hots (at WoTLK start :P) and you could come back to life as a ghoul :P

I understand, frost may do more damage, but it is better at survival as well, Ice in Your Veins alone speaks for itself (IBF+DS healing)

Going back to the point (sorry for repeating myself), anybody had the chance to compare Obliteration spec vs the Buffed Breath Spec at 7.1.5 PTR ?

I wish we could talk about unholy tbh.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:58 PM

It's good to read suggestions as always, they are really creative. However, considering the fact that 7.1.5 is pretty much ignoring unholy and buffing breath spec for frost (still buffed, but may get nerfed when 7.1.5 is going live) pretty much shows that Blizzard wants Frost to excel at PvP, for some strange reason.

I am really biased now, b/c Unholy was promising at the start of Legion, then again, frost buffs and it is out of the equation.

Unholy is such a versatile spec to play, and it actually takes more than 3 buttons, I really don't understand why Blizzard hates it so much.

Good old days of Plague Strike dispelling hots (at WoTLK start :P) and you could come back to life as a ghoul :P

I understand, frost may do more damage, but it is better at survival as well, Ice in Your Veins alone speaks for itself (IBF+DS healing)

Going back to the point (sorry for repeating myself), anybody had the chance to compare Obliteration spec vs the Buffed Breath Spec at 7.1.5 PTR ?

I wish we could talk about unholy tbh.

Actually with the second 10% strength nerf to frost, it no longer feels like it does more damage than Unholy. I don't know about you all but the damage to frost feels mediocre at best. I think the second 10% nerf to frost was a bit too much. Now the damage is just there.

#75 Fennixqt

Fennixqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1199
  • 3v3: 2729
  • RBG: 1335

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:55 AM

anyways guys did a small uh vid for few ppl around, watch out for volume

Edited by Fennixqt, 01 January 2017 - 11:57 AM.

#76 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

After a week of 7.15 it's -10% str for unholy feelsbadman.

#77 GrandalMurmillo

GrandalMurmillo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/2/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2395
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1803

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:39 AM

Dunno man ? unholy feels fucking bad ?

dot dmg is a joke. burst outside 1.5 min cd is also a joke ? mobility a joke aswell. your pet dies to the wind.

feels like unholy mastery template needs a big increase, to balance it out nerf crypt fever dmg abit i guess?

feels like the only thing that makes unholy playable the slightest is crypt fever?

#78 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:02 AM

​Here is a vid of me playin unholy against double destro

enjoy

#79 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • 3v3: 2260
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:47 AM

Few things with uh that I find annoying

Pet dies to wind - you can take all will serve tho - fixed

1.5 sec gcd ... resources are quite messed up on live (rune regen spell RC getting somewhat adjusted 7.15) - fixed next patch perhaps

Wrath walk bugging on ramps and objects - you can take ww glyph - fixed

Corpse shield - its too good however Pet wall is on gcd with claw (you need autocast on/off claw off macro to make it work properly) - just really annoying.

Ghoul stun 1 sec duration on 1.5 min cd - why just not remove it

Single target Dmg output on anything over leather feels unpair with other classes

Dark transformation - on gcd  I see no reason why is this like it is

Blight rune weapon  - on gcd  again I see no reason why

Pvp talents outside NS/CF quite useless

Also Festering costing 1 rune and ss/ns costing 2 would feel much better imo but w.e

Posted Image

#80 Buddha

Buddha
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/1/1/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1133
  • 3v3: 1817
  • RBG: 2062

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

Thanks for this vid, very insighting, you're a beast!

Also, on topic, I don't think UH is bad or anything, of all the melee I have played this xpac its the only one spec that I feel I actually need skill to play (and on top of that, a LOT of skill), if anything, other melee (and classes in general) should get as much non-damage and "tricky" buttons and UH DK instead of mindless pve rotation shit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<