#21 Caricya

Caricya
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/1/0

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:09 AM

Yes frost will lose Chill Streak  , 150K dmg~ with 1min cd, but we obtain Razorice + Shattering Strikes much more dmg, and remember WoD where frost had highest single target dmg, Pandaria where Unholy had sick AoE pressure  and its normally when DK have no utilities, offhealing, CC, mobility, it should have high dmg .

Now UH alive through NS + Crypt Fever, rest of dmg is nothing, dont think that is intended by Devs.

#22 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:22 AM

btw unholy dks have more utility and survivability than most melees in this expansion just saying 

not even sure why uh dks are complaining seems like one of more fun classes to play this expansion and they arent bad at all 

dunno, maybe difference in metas but dk's are really under-represented in NA right now. 

when 7.1 comes out frost will be infinitely better in every way. the single target damage will be worth more than having crypt fever do 20% of your damage per arena because all the offtargets/pets get hit with aoe claws and have festering wounds applied to them.

even if you look at ladder now, only 2 out of top 10 dk's are playing unholy (on NA). everybody else is frost, and i see more and more frost dk's popping up every day. unholy pressure is extremely underwhelming on its own.

why anybody would play with a dk over a rogue at the moment is beyond me. i can't even think of a comp where i'd prefer a dk over a rogue right now. i think even rogue/warrior would be better than tsg. 

Frost is pure melee damage bot with nothing else, some of us cannot play that style.

On top i don't think that many use NS in NA so it doesn't really matter what they do to it on NA at least.

I personally tried both and prefer current UH over frost despite uh doing at least 20 % less damage than frost.

I don't know why people say this, unholy is literally the same spec as frost just worst. been like that for a while.

only difference is you have a reliable stun and can interrupt a cast with your pet.

other than that you just press scourge strike and festering strike instead of frost strike and obliterate lol

Edited by drzy, 13 October 2016 - 06:22 AM.

#23 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1666
  • 3v3: 1893
  • 5v5: 1940
  • RBG: 960

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

I don't know why people say this, unholy is literally the same spec as frost just worst. been like that for a while.

only difference is you have a reliable stun and can interrupt a cast with your pet.

other than that you just press scourge strike and festering strike instead of frost strike and obliterate lol

only difference is you have a reliable stun and can interrupt a cast with your pet. - This actually makes difference, playing class with 0 CC is just meh. Both specs viable atm to certain extend and both have issues.  But saying that uh is worse than UH.... really isn't right. Frost maybe will be better in 7.1 but not atm.

Also saying that only 2 are uh out of top ten dks is just ......

http://us.battle.net...eaderboards/3v3

Edited by a1entity, 18 October 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#24 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2046
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:16 PM

Yee I used to like unholy few weeks ago but I have rerolled frost now. AoE cleave is insane and it has some nasty burst. Can't wait for 7.1 with razorice and the first talent shattering strike. Will be nawty damage. Also rumoured more frost buffs on mmochamp by blizz dev posted later. Expect prenerf assa level damage with aoe cleave. Just no cc or mobility. I'm hyped :).

#25 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:28 PM

Yee I used to like unholy few weeks ago but I have rerolled frost now. AoE cleave is insane and it has some nasty burst. Can't wait for 7.1 with razorice and the first talent shattering strike. Will be nawty damage. Also rumoured more frost buffs on mmochamp by blizz dev posted later. Expect prenerf assa level damage with aoe cleave. Just no cc or mobility. I'm hyped :).

Yep, Unholy just feels useless when compared to Enhance or Ret. 7.1 Frost will most likely do very high damage we will just be forced to run with something that can give us uptime (paladins or ww monks).

#26 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:29 AM

only difference is you have a reliable stun and can interrupt a cast with your pet. - This actually makes difference, playing class with 0 CC is just meh. Both specs viable atm to certain extend and both have issues.  But saying that uh is worse than UH.... really isn't right. Frost maybe will be better in 7.1 but not atm.

Also saying that only 2 are uh out of top ten dks is just ......

http://us.battle.net...eaderboards/3v3

It changed over five days.

Pet interrupt is extremely underwhelming, as I don't really feel like lockouts matter as much as they used to. Pet interrupt doesn't even lock them out, it just stops the cast.

Frost technically has Blinding Sleet on a one minute cooldown, if you choose that talent. Unholy has to spec for its Stun as well (but to be fair its the pretty obvious choice).

Unholy single target damage compared to Frost isn't even close. Unholy does terribly underwhelming damage, to the point where having a 0.6 second pet stun and an extra interrupt (NOTE: Only when your pet is transformed) doesn't really matter.

Either way, my biggest problem isn't even the underwhelming performance of both specs, it's very simple. Unholy isn't fun to play in its current form and Frost just hurts to play (any Frost mage team will make you just want to log out).

#27 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:49 PM

It changed over five days.

Pet interrupt is extremely underwhelming, as I don't really feel like lockouts matter as much as they used to. Pet interrupt doesn't even lock them out, it just stops the cast.

Frost technically has Blinding Sleet on a one minute cooldown, if you choose that talent. Unholy has to spec for its Stun as well (but to be fair its the pretty obvious choice).

Unholy single target damage compared to Frost isn't even close. Unholy does terribly underwhelming damage, to the point where having a 0.6 second pet stun and an extra interrupt (NOTE: Only when your pet is transformed) doesn't really matter.

Either way, my biggest problem isn't even the underwhelming performance of both specs, it's very simple. Unholy isn't fun to play in its current form and Frost just hurts to play (any Frost mage team will make you just want to log out).

When comes to frost mages i agree, but in all honestly frost was always bitch to almost any melee and dk's with their mobility suffered the most. 

But then again i personally love new UH. I agree single target constant damage is just meh but some of us just like our own classes.

Recent buffs to Frost and Uh should help us a bit then again we need mobility buff more probably more than damage.

Edited by a1entity, 19 October 2016 - 02:50 PM.

#28 Caricya

Caricya
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

Gz guys Death Coil got 50% buff on PTR + Necro not changed , Razorice 15% frost damage debuff , Howling Blast + Obli buffs

#29 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:05 PM

50% more on nothing is still nothing. :D

Posted Image

#30 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:52 PM

When comes to frost mages i agree, but in all honestly frost was always bitch to almost any melee and dk's with their mobility suffered the most. 

But then again i personally love new UH. I agree single target constant damage is just meh but some of us just like our own classes.

Recent buffs to Frost and Uh should help us a bit then again we need mobility buff more probably more than damage.

New Unholy would feel a lot better if Necrotic just worked how it used to, since imo you can't stack it heavily enough now to really make a difference the majority of the time.

I wish they'd just make Chains of Ice cost like 10 Runic Power instead of 1 Rune, as Unholy I find Death Strike to be better than Death Coil, only costs 10more RP, does triple Coil's damage AND heals you. I really only ever use Death Coil when I have a Sudden Doom proc or if a mage is just kiting me to eternity.

Or make clawing shadows do full damage in PvP, since I believe its currently nerfed to 75% damage.

Either make Chains of Ice cost RP or add old desecrated ground back into the game (Cata dground - when you used scourge strike or necrotic strike it put a 50% aoe slow on the ground) 

ps- Almost half the melee in the game get their slows applied for just auto attacking, and even warriors hamstring really only costs like what its 5 rage? maybe 10 im actually not sure. runes are our biggest source of damage right now as unholy and if we spam chains people we do zero damage anyways. also chains gets removed with that paladin talent that removes poisons and disease so ye FeelsBadMan

Edited by drzy, 19 October 2016 - 08:54 PM.

#31 Caricya

Caricya
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:28 PM

50% more on nothing is still nothing. :D

yes not MoP , but atleast not uselees GCD

#32 xDamnationx

xDamnationx
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1662
  • 3v3: 1839
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:36 PM

dunno, maybe difference in metas but dk's are really under-represented in NA right now. 

when 7.1 comes out frost will be infinitely better in every way. the single target damage will be worth more than having crypt fever do 20% of your damage per arena because all the offtargets/pets get hit with aoe claws and have festering wounds applied to them.

even if you look at ladder now, only 2 out of top 10 dk's are playing unholy (on NA). everybody else is frost, and i see more and more frost dk's popping up every day. unholy pressure is extremely underwhelming on its own.

why anybody would play with a dk over a rogue at the moment is beyond me. i can't even think of a comp where i'd prefer a dk over a rogue right now. i think even rogue/warrior would be better than tsg. 

As a non-DK player I'm always relieved when I see an Unholy DK in place of a Rogue in any of the normal Rogue comps.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1904

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:15 PM

I really don't know what the main problem is. I enjoy playing Unholy and Frost but man when I come across a rogue team either in 2s or 3s it really just makes my class look like absolute garbage. So i'm thinking once they nerf rogues some more maybe DKs wont be so bad? I dont know lol. Hey at least they are buffing us? Next patch.

#34 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2361
  • RBG: 1831

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:52 PM

I really don't know what the main problem is. I enjoy playing Unholy and Frost but man when I come across a rogue team either in 2s or 3s it really just makes my class look like absolute garbage. So i'm thinking once they nerf rogues some more maybe DKs wont be so bad? I dont know lol. Hey at least they are buffing us? Next patch.

Rogue has always shut down DK.
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#35 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

Rogue has always shut down DK.

Didn't feel them shutting down my frost dk last season.....................

#36 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 24 October 2016 - 02:19 PM

The more i play as UH this season the more frustrated i become , i mean my RL friend demo lock and we playing at 2-2.1 atm in 3s, but still being constantly outdamaged by ferals, rogues and occasionally others just feels demoralizing. How is it 2 classes with top notch mobility and toolkits do better damage than worse mobility dk.............. At least we should have damage to stay competitive......

#37 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:33 PM

The more i play as UH this season the more frustrated i become , i mean my RL friend demo lock and we playing at 2-2.1 atm in 3s, but still being constantly outdamaged by ferals, rogues and occasionally others just feels demoralizing. How is it 2 classes with top notch mobility and toolkits do better damage than worse mobility dk.............. At least we should have damage to stay competitive......

ye i unsubbed until they make one of the specs viable. i dont enjoy playing any other class and playing dk right now is just more frustrating than it is fun

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:46 AM

Agreed. That used to be the case in previous expansions. DKs lack of mobility was compensated by insane single damage and teams knew that if you got anywhere near them they were in a world of hurt. Now, when teams see an unholy DK they just giggle a little as they steam roll through its shitty damage.

#39 Radannical

Radannical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1728
  • 3v3: 2715
  • RBG: 192

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:53 AM

Corpse Shield stealth nerfed(fixed), when you dismiss pet, you get the debuff now. FeelsBadMan

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:41 PM

Corpse Shield stealth nerfed(fixed), when you dismiss pet, you get the debuff now. FeelsBadMan

Yes. Time to hang up Unholy for now and FOTM reroll to Frost like everyone else. I've been reading that Blizzard wants to change the playstyle of Unholy but it won't be happening this xpac might be next xpac. Fingers crossed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<