• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/1/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1554
  • 3v3: 480

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:54 AM

it has been a couple of weeks since the season started and ive been curious how you guys have been doing in 2s and 3s.

Ive been mostly just doing skirmish for fun but soon I realized getting tunneled by meeles and blown up casters when my AMS is on cd is not my definition of fun.

tbh I havent played pvp seriously since 2011 and obviously alot has changed since then so iam not gonna start with "class x op" accusations

Which comp are you guys playing and having success with or eventually not?

What is your opinion on the greatest flaw with DK in the last couple of weeks?

but would still love to know a more experienced players opinion on the current state of DKs.

#2 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2046
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:58 AM

Play unholy abuse Corpse Shield 90% absorb 10sec and spam necro for big damgur. DK feels rly strong and they got a free mobility spell up from last expansion so good on that regard aswell. :)

#3 Stean

Stean
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

yeah i guess shield is ok, still feels a bit punishing not dismissing your pet in time

not having a pet for 1 Minute is kinda heavy. Iam not too convinced by wrathwalk though feels kinda

akward having a small sprint every now and then just to get instantly slowed once you leave your " no dmg 3 sec sprint " and instantly running after a reasonable target again. 

i think dmg is fine but the main problem still not being able to get your dmg done at the moment you need it and on the target you need it. What i would love to see is dks getting their 100% movementspeed back.

#4 Caricya

Caricya
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/1/0

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:27 PM

Dmg isn't fine if other melees Ferals/Enh/Rogues/Ret/DH has same or higher dmg(and they has alot utilities like Healing teammates/Bloodlast/BoPs/Freedoms etc). DK from Wotlk to WoD had highest overall DMG, now is not, and yes we have spread DMG pets/Dots not good target boorst. Look at our 3min cooldown Gargoyle. Its not seriously when tartget has 2M + HP and our 3min cooldown doing 30K hits (600K~ over 40sec seriously ?) Same with Deathcoil 25-30K~ hits, when frost has 150-200k Frost Strikes crits,

Edited by Caricya, 04 October 2016 - 10:30 PM.

#5 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:18 AM

Dmg isn't fine if other melees Ferals/Enh/Rogues/Ret/DH has same or higher dmg(and they has alot utilities like Healing teammates/Bloodlast/BoPs/Freedoms etc). DK from Wotlk to WoD had highest overall DMG, now is not, and yes we have spread DMG pets/Dots not good target boorst. Look at our 3min cooldown Gargoyle. Its not seriously when tartget has 2M + HP and our 3min cooldown doing 30K hits (600K~ over 40sec seriously ?) Same with Deathcoil 25-30K~ hits, when frost has 150-200k Frost Strikes crits,

I top DMG on my uhDK. Yes gargoyle and death coil sucks dick compared to wotlk when they were the heaviest hitting udk abilities. Your aoe sucks dick aswell, but necro is really strong single target dmg aswell as the ghouls from apocalypse nuke. I rarely get outdmged by my DH partner.

#6 Caricya

Caricya
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/1/0

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:52 AM

let's be honest u cant outdps good feral/Enh/DH/Demolock (atleast 2100-2200mmr+)

Edited by Caricya, 05 October 2016 - 12:55 AM.

#7 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 October 2016 - 05:09 PM

let's be honest u cant outdps good feral/Enh/DH/Demolock (atleast 2100-2200mmr+)

Add warrior to that list too, rogues (assa) aren't far off either from what i've seen although they are in need of nerfs

#8 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 06 October 2016 - 05:40 PM

I top DMG on my uhDK. Yes gargoyle and death coil sucks dick compared to wotlk when they were the heaviest hitting udk abilities. Your aoe sucks dick aswell, but necro is really strong single target dmg aswell as the ghouls from apocalypse nuke. I rarely get outdmged by my DH partner.

Topping damage as a dk is not that hard, especially if you play against hmonk or rdruid, because crypt fever is half your damage. But overall, you hit for nothing the primary target, just doing tiny useless tick everywhere.

And the necrotic strike absorb is counted as damage too (We tried it), if the absorb are healed.

In single pressure, dk's are the worst melee, easily kitable, very low damage, and with defensive which requiere 2 talents and a macro to be effective.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 06 October 2016 - 07:27 PM.

Posted Image

#9 darklift

darklift
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 288

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:44 AM

Can someone that plays Unholy at a high level ask Blizz to not go ahead with the Necrotic Strike change please? It's a 45 sec CD for a 200k Absorb on PTR. Would have literally 0 uses if that goes through. 

No idea what the thought process is behind nerfing a talent that's not OP 

Also topping damage is pretty easy when you take spam ebon fever and epidemic. That does not make it meaningful damage. IMO Unholy atm does less single target than most mobile classes which doesnt make any sense. 

IMO, just give us our old GCD back and revert the Necrotic Strike PTR change and we're golden. 

#10 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:01 AM

Uhh they are putting a long cd on necrotic? xd? So we have to pick the allahu akbar guy with 5 hp or the sludges what do 1k dmg? If they make that cd into necrotic in 7.1 I'll prolly just reroll frost. Atleast it's rumoured razorice is gonna work in 7.1 :P

#11 darklift

darklift
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 288

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:08 AM

Yep, 45 sec CD for necrotic strike. Completely worthless. They nerfed the slime duration too cut it by half. Blizz also keeps trying to buff reanimation but doesn't seem to understand that it has 0 uses in arena where every class has random AOE. 

The talent is so dumb that it reaches the target and then thinks a bit before going Allahu akbar. 

#12 Stean

Stean
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:26 AM

Topping damage as a dk is not that hard, especially if you play against hmonk or rdruid, because crypt fever is half your damage. But overall, you hit for nothing the primary target, just doing tiny useless tick everywhere.

And the necrotic strike absorb is counted as damage too (We tried it), if the absorb are healed.

In single pressure, dk's are the worst melee, easily kitable, very low damage, and with defensive which requiere 2 talents and a macro to be effective.

Hit the nail on the head !

Atleast iam not the only one feeling useless. I somehow think that DK's has nothing unique. Burst dmg is mediocre

Utility is ok i guess, survivablity.. dont even get me started .. sustain dmg is fine but useless, I guess you could argue with

"Every bit of dmg has to be healed" but Overall dot dmg effectiveness is still almost = 0

#13 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:24 PM

Useless is a big word. DK's are far from useless but you bring nothing unique in your team (AMZ is finally good i admit) and damage wise... well everyone deals more than you. Crypt fever and Necrotic strike save the day, but this one will be butchered in 7.1. Even if the absorb is increased by 1000% to compensate the same amount you could deal now, it will be a dumb cd you press without thinking.

If their idea of dk is a slow moving undead butcher like Arthas in the Wotlk dungeon, the first part is clearly good (Moving like a snail). The second one, well. Nope.
Best example is having a death coil dealing 35k damage, for a huge amount of pr and even a golden trait in Apocalypse giving you twice as much death coils. Woohoo.
(One of the complaints in the 44 pages post in US forum, death coil is a burden to use now)

It's also sad that Dark Sim is a PvP talent. This should be baseline to be honest. The talent could allow it to be used on a ally, trigering a higher cooldown (To prevent op things i guess.).

Having no mobility should be compensated by... that's sad yes but better damage.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 07 October 2016 - 02:26 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deathknights, Arena, RBG, Meele, Balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<