Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Melee classes need damage nerfs

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:14 AM

First week or so of the season were super fun when people were just trying out random shit. Now that everyone started melee cleaving, the game basically became super boring to play and honestly, this is the first time I've thought to myself "heh, I might not bother queueing for the rest of the season".

The mechanics/fluidity of the game feels better than MoP/WoD ( other than the remaining instant CC still in the game ), however all of the improvements they actually made with Legion is overshadowed by how disgusting melee cleaves are and how much damage+pressure they do. The game pacing is ( almost ) perfect, there is almost no scripted PvP like there was in WoD, ordinary DPS rotation actually matters outside of cooldowns, but all of that is moot in a meta where if you're not playing 2x melee DPS+healer, you're doing it wrong.

You can obviously do fine as a caster ( RMP, Hpala Shatter, etc ), but it's not fun in the slightest.

If you do a mistake, you should pay for it - that was always my opinion when it came to this game's PvP, and everyone should be able to punish you HARD for that mistake ( melee cleavers, melee/caster/healer players, spell cleavers ) - current meta is basically 2 melee training one target until it dies, and your target rarely can do shit about it. There are also a lot of dumb mechanics to compliment this. For example, why is current spell reflect a thing? WHY does it not consume the spell after reflecting something? 

I still stand by my stance that Legion is the best expansion they've produced in ages. World content is fun, raiding is fun, mythic+ instance system is fun, artifacts are fun, professions are fun etc. PvP would be fun if melees weren't so ridiculously strong.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#2 Ventux

Ventux
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:17 AM

when was it ever fun to get trained by shit like phd etc too in cata

Edited by Ventux, 03 October 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#3 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:22 AM

Interesting the EU/NA meta split so differently again.

NA is full of wizards and rogue/caster.

#4 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2110
  • 3v3: 2066
  • RBG: 960

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:32 AM

i'd rather have mages nerfed, they are way more cancer then melee cleaves. But then again i play a paladin so i'm kind of biased

#5 zyther

zyther
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Blood 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2427
  • 3v3: 2403
  • 5v5: 2000
  • RBG: 1844

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:05 AM

Nerf spell steal and glacial strike on mages.

#6 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

I would honestly trade half of my enhanc dmg to get back grounding, freedom totem and frost shock.

Posted Image

#7 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2046
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 October 2016 - 05:42 PM

Idk I was playing against a godcomp as melee cleave and I have to say I didn't have any fun. We almost tripled their dmg every game and went 1-3. They have so much control and cc and defensives and if you leave pillar even once they get the pressure without problem. Make Dispel half GCD and no CD and dispel 1 effect pls. :) Wizards too stronk.

Fun sitting in Nova taking 400k frostbolts up my ass and 1mill Glacial spikes when my hardest hitting ability is 1,5min CD what crits 500k if 8 different crits happen. :) Wizards might not do the consistent dmg of melees but their burst is too strong and setup is too easy with blink.

Edited by xogen, 03 October 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#8 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:11 PM

Idk I was playing against a godcomp as melee cleave and I have to say I didn't have any fun. We almost tripled their dmg every game and went 1-3. They have so much control and cc and defensives and if you leave pillar even once they get the pressure without problem. Make Dispel half GCD and no CD and dispel 1 effect pls. :) Wizards too stronk.

Fun sitting in Nova taking 400k frostbolts up my ass and 1mill Glacial spikes when my hardest hitting ability is 1,5min CD what crits 500k if 8 different crits happen. :) Wizards might not do the consistent dmg of melees but their burst is too strong and setup is too easy with blink.

I think that's the point of this thread. Every casters wants to be a mage, or will be (like SP in MoP and WoD), the whore of the first mage they meet.

Especially as a dk, you've already have the worst mobility of the game, when you face mages, you are like a crawling paraplegic without his wheelchair.

So, that's the problem, if you nerf melees, they will be worthless like they were in MoP, unless you nerf frost mage in the same time. (Which will never happen, let's be realistic.)

The 2 only melee that need "damage nerf" in my eyes are assa rogues, and enhancement shaman. (I don't think it's fair to have absurd damage while having this kind of awesome utility for a team - bloodlust counterstrike purge)

Posted Image

#9 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:16 PM

I know this would cause I huge riot, but with this stage of the game should we really have spammable cc? I mean really, with cleanse on cooldown and how things are playing out this season wouldn't nerfing spamable cc while tweaking some classes stat template help things a bit?

I honestly think you can nerf mages damage all you want, as long as they spam Polly they will eventually win.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#10 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:24 PM

2WNpn6d.png

Ctlb898XgAAKlak.jpg

Edited by Avengelyne, 03 October 2016 - 06:24 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#11 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:36 PM

eODqhRb.jpg

enough dmg to sink titanic
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#12 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:29 PM

2WNpn6d.png

Ctlb898XgAAKlak.jpg

giphy.gif

Edited by Jim_Jim, 03 October 2016 - 07:30 PM.

Posted Image

#13 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/./0/0/1/2
  • 5v5: 288

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:39 PM

Its funny how entire 3v3 balance is and have always been dependant on one class and one spec

F R O S T  M A G E S

i sold my account zeynaa isnt mine anymore

#14 Wixzy

Wixzy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/1/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2358
  • RBG: 384

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

I can't be the only one who hates max 2 min games vs bm hunters, assas rogues etc

slow it down

Twitch.tv/wixzylol - Hpal 3s

#15 Dravern

Dravern
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2062
  • 3v3: 2270
  • RBG: 1675

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:37 PM

yes nerf melees even more so we can play against godcomp/shatter or rmd all the games and make game like mop/wod again.

Edited by Dravern, 03 October 2016 - 09:38 PM.

#16 FeralNisse

FeralNisse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 575
  • 3v3: 2482
  • 5v5: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:49 PM

2WNpn6d.png

Ctlb898XgAAKlak.jpg

Xaryu finally realized that glacial spike is 10 times better than comet storm :P

#17 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:47 PM

Xaryu finally realized that glacial spike is 10 times better than comet storm :P

pretty sure comet storm numbers would also look impressive in a screenshot vs a tanking spec taking 25% more damage :P

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 03 October 2016 - 11:52 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#18 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 1865

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:11 AM

I can't be the only one who hates max 2 min games vs bm hunters, assas rogues etc

slow it down

honestly i hate when arenas are slow id rather lose in 45 seconds to triple dps or some cheesy double melee cleave than play vs 10m game vs warcocks/mages

every wod game vs lsd type comps i wanted to slit my wrists

Edited by Refren, 04 October 2016 - 02:12 AM.

#19 wodeta

wodeta

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:45 AM

The 2 only melee that need "damage nerf" in my eyes are assa rogues, and enhancement shaman. (I don't think it's fair to have absurd damage while having this kind of awesome utility for a team - bloodlust counterstrike purge)

You can say our dmg is stupid, because honestly it is but you can't say we have "awesome" utility, counterstrike is actually shit as enhanc since you always have to drop in the middle of map or where the "fight" is happening, bloodlust is useless against alot of comps as it's always dispelled instantly and purge it's good but nowhere NEAR as good as it was.

They took away Grouding, Tremor, Frost shock(which was our only reliable slow),Windwalk totem and Healing stream heal+dmg reduction from the glyph.

I would like to get back our old utility minus Tremor in exchange of dmg.

i would also like to add a cooldown on every offensive dispel, something like 5 seconds.

Posted Image

#20 Hydroxide

Hydroxide
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:10 AM

You can say our dmg is stupid, because honestly it is but you can't say we have "awesome" utility, counterstrike is actually shit as enhanc since you always have to drop in the middle of map or where the "fight" is happening, bloodlust is useless against alot of comps as it's always dispelled instantly and purge it's good but nowhere NEAR as good as it was.

They took away Grouding, Tremor, Frost shock(which was our only reliable slow),Windwalk totem and Healing stream heal+dmg reduction from the glyph.

I would like to get back our old utility minus Tremor in exchange of dmg.

i would also like to add a cooldown on every offensive dispel, something like 5 seconds.

Finally someone who doesn't want their class to do everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users