Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:33 PM

I am CLEARLY not familiar with the new mechanics as i started legion pvp recently in arena. I wanted to dispel a fear and i exploded for that .. is this normal ? 50% of my hp ? dafaq ?

http://imgur.com/JoCpqK7

suggestions ? clarifications ?

#2 Atosy

Atosy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:51 PM

If the warlock stacks up a lot of UA on you this can happen.

Also I'm getting mindfucked by how random UA dmg is. Sometimes I stack up 4 uas in a row with artifact powered (doubled), get 100k tick every 1.3 sec, sometimes I stack up 4 uas and get 270k ua ticks... Hello how the fuck is this working?!

#3 pewpewpewdot

pewpewpewdot
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ysondre
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/2/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 1862
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:44 PM

unstable dammage are so unstable that's ironic holinka is joking about it thats all 

#4 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:07 PM

warlock typically has to cast at least 5 UAs in a row in order for the dispel to do over 1m.

if you ask me UA backlash is too low.

all of affli's dmg comes from dots, it seems ridiculous to me to think that you could spend 3 GCDs dotting someone up and then chain cast another five 1.5 sec casts back-to-back and have all of that negated with a single button with the measly price of less than half of your health. its especially crazy if the kill target was not the one who dispelled it, stopping all your damage on that target the moment you dispel.

no other class has that problem. if a destro lock casts 3 chaos bolts back-to-back you either stop the chaos bolts or take the damage.

Posted Image

#5 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:19 PM

warlock typically has to cast at least 5 UAs in a row in order for the dispel to do over 1m.

if you ask me UA backlash is too low.

all of affli's dmg comes from dots, it seems ridiculous to me to think that you could spend 3 GCDs dotting someone up and then chain cast another five 1.5 sec casts back-to-back and have all of that negated with a single button with the measly price of less than half of your health. its especially crazy if the kill target was not the one who dispelled it, stopping all your damage on that target the moment you dispel.

no other class has that problem. if a destro lock casts 3 chaos bolts back-to-back you either stop the chaos bolts or take the damage.

bro, i didn't even mean to XD i wanted to take fear to secure a kill ... and i exploded instead ... how isn't dmg and unaffected by dr 4 secs silence not enough exactly ?

#6 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:09 AM

bro, i didn't even mean to XD i wanted to take fear to secure a kill ... and i exploded instead ... how isn't dmg and unaffected by dr 4 secs silence not enough exactly ?

because you're spending 1 GCD to take less dmg than if you were to let the dots keep rolling, of which the warlock took 4 GCDs to apply and one of them was casted. after you dispel the damage has stopped and you need to reapply every dot so it really doesnt matter that you get silenced after the dispel.

but yes, its very weird that there's no visual indicator to how strong the UA stack is. blizz said in 7.1 it'll have a stack counter to more easily visualize how strong it is and better decide if you want to dispel it or not.

Posted Image

#7 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:26 AM

so basically you say i can't dispel smtg like hoj without suicide. i dont give a rat ass about how long it took you to apply them considering you can refresh the full duration with a single tick of drain life. stacking ua dmg on dispel is dumb. so is having it ticking for 400k

#8 Snadezerg

Snadezerg
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/0/2/2/1
  • 3v3: 1040

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:04 PM

UA dispel dmg is getting a big nerf in 7.1. Atm UA deals 120% of remaining dmg to the dispeller, which is 320% sp x 1.2 x stacks before first tick of dmg. Next patch UA dispel dmg is simply 160% sp per stack, which is around 80-100k. they're also nerfing agonys dmg by 40% but that's beside the point

#9 waniqutie

waniqutie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 2197
  • RBG: 1545

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:06 PM

It did hit me 1.8 mill yesterday feltgoodman

Edited by waniqutie, 29 September 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#10 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:00 PM

so basically you say i can't dispel smtg like hoj without suicide. i dont give a rat ass about how long it took you to apply them considering you can refresh the full duration with a single tick of drain life. stacking ua dmg on dispel is dumb. so is having it ticking for 400k

rot and decay doesn't refresh the whole dot, it adds 2 sec of a single UA into the stack.

so you're complaining you may kill yourself if you dispel a stun on top of negating a whole class' damage with a single 8 sec cd button? do you want a 1 min cd divine shield and 10 sec cd pvp trinket on top of that as well?

i don't give a damn if UA is ticking for 400k on you, heal the fucking damage normally like any other dps class would require you to and next time how about not letting the warlock freecast 6 UAs in a row because im sure you wouldn't let a destro lock freecast 3 chaos bolts in a row either.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<