• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:15 PM

With the last hotfix that reduced all healers damage by a baseline 25% Avenging Crusader took a direct hit. It might still be legit in RBG paired with Beacon of Virtue and it works against 1,5k mmr yolo troopers, but with this blanket nerf it's definitely not viable for higher tier comps anymore.

If anybody feels the need to cry on US or EU Forums, please feel free to do so.

If anybody has had different experiences on high-mmr since the hotfix, id be interested to know.

But as i see it, they pretty much rendered this talent into a gimmick with this hotfix.

Killin' shit since 2004.

#2 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:07 AM

its very viable but should still be removed from the game, stupid fuckin talent

#3 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 24 September 2016 - 03:53 AM

They need to make it heal regardless of the damage being absorbed. Its so gimmicky and bad against most comps but it is still necessary against others. 

Really disappointed in how holy paladin plays this expac, a massive step back in not only design, but viability once wizards take over.

#4 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

Judgement has been nerfed (damage wise) a long time ago too, before the overall healer damage nerf. If you look at the number outside arenas, and compare to inside, it's like 160k-> 90k. (Before AC).

But yeah, maybe when mages will as always rule the ladder for months after a future overbuff, it will be weird to play with, but overall, despite the deserved nerf, still fun.

If you remember the first iteration of this spell in the Alpha, it worked with holy shock, and you could spam it for 300k each 1,5s. :D

Pew pew pew

Edited by Jim_Jim, 24 September 2016 - 07:31 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:41 AM

I like the talent too, i like the fact that i can be more melee oriented and more of a consistent group healer instead of the bursty single target healing that Holy usually offers. Its certainly still usable in 3s and 2s but if it wasnt for ultimate sacrifice/devotion aura/bop hpals would be useless in rbgs. Ive played AC today at around 2k mmr in rbgs and my healing done got doubled by mistweavers. I really want it to be viable, but the more i play it the more i realise that Blessed Hands is just so much better in almost every imaginable scenario.

Judgement has been nerfed (damage wise) a long time ago too, before the overall healer damage nerf. If you look at the number outside arenas, and compare to inside, it's like 160k-> 90k. (Before AC).

But yeah, maybe when mages will as always rule the ladder for months after a future overbuff, it will be weird to play with, but overall, despite the deserved nerf, still fun.

If you remember the first iteration of this spell in the Alpha, it worked with holy shock, and you could spam it for 300k each 1,5s.  :D

Pew pew pew

Yeah, do the PvP World Quests with the Wardens Tower Assault! I spike up to 300k singletarget dps on the mobs there with AC  :D But yeah as soon as you enter PvP, Holy Shock does like a quarter of its pve dmg, and Judgement a solid half. They allready nerfed it into the ground imo.

Killin' shit since 2004.

#6 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

I like the talent too, i like the fact that i can be more melee oriented and more of a consistent group healer instead of the bursty single target healing that Holy usually offers. Its certainly still usable in 3s and 2s but if it wasnt for ultimate sacrifice/devotion aura/bop hpals would be useless in rbgs. Ive played AC today at around 2k mmr in rbgs and my healing done got doubled by mistweavers. I really want it to be viable, but the more i play it the more i realise that Blessed Hands is just so much better in almost every imaginable scenario.

This. It's actually embarrassing how the holy paladin experience is so much different - actually worse - than in arenas/outdoor/normal bgs. You are literally there only for the blessings, have little reward for your efforts and rely completely on your team's peel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<