Photo

how can I better keep people alive when I'm not the kill target?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:03 PM

in WOD I consistently found, at least in my bracket, that i won against teams that tried to train me and lost against those who simply cced me instead while focusing on my teammates. so far in legion it's been shaping up the same way, only now im having even more trouble. basically the burst is so high that i'm often finding it necessary to trinket one of the first things they throw at me, typically something like a 5 second stun that i would have sat through in WOD 9/10 times. I'm human, so I'll prioritize EMFH over medallion, but in several games yesterday I would reluctantly use it get out of a HOJ or something similar so I could try to save a teammate from dying only to immediately eat another moderate-duration cc and watch them drop anyway.

im not necessarily only looking for advice on this specific scenario so much as general help with how I should be playing/approaching any matchup where i'm not actively being trained. one thing i feel unsure about is making proper use of TFT. I typically run the RSK reset, so I'm often torn at the start of a match between using it to spread renewing or saving it for the aura mastery in case I'm not able to safely get the kick off when I need it. also, when I need to make sure I get a heal off, how to best make sure of the aura mastery itself? vivify is my most reliable heal, but it feels like a waste to use in that scenario if the target doesn't already have enveloping. at the same time, it feels like it takes too many GCDs to envelop-TFT-vivify to easily benefit from the enveloping bonus anyway.

the one other thing I can think of arm would be if there is a better way to prevent chi ji from bugging out and standing still other than macroing common heals together with /petassist.

again general tips are welcome. thanks a lot

#2 Kittehmeow

Kittehmeow

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:28 AM

I wouldnt play with aura since u barely have to cast as a MW atm and having a straight up 20% healing boost is really good for healing your teammates, also i wouldnt play the aura reset talent but instead play the talent that gives u 2 abilities with each TFT since u mostly just wanna lean back at your pillar anyway when only your teammates are being trained and only push in for cc and then pull back again.

If you just pillarhug abit better you will be CC'd alot less aswell and it should be easier to keep your mates alive

Also do you play surge of mist + statue? cuz whenever i play my monk i feel all i do is apply renewing and then instant envelop and maybe sometimes cast a vivify and its super easy to keep my mates topped 

#3 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:15 PM

I'm still having trouble in the moment deciding how best to use my aura mastery/TFT. i usually try to empower renewing mist, since that generally seems to be the go-to use for the tea in both pvp and pve now that renewing doesn't suck anymore. however, i get a little nervous using up 1 or 2 GCDs to apply renewing after popping TFT, because if i'm getting beaten on already, there is a risk that my aura mastery will run out before i actually finish casting. on the other hand, i don't necessarily want to use a big heal right away out of fear that the aura mastery will drop off, because then i might miss out on an opportunity to empower a better spell.

what do you typically do immediately after popping TFT? hard cast right away, to try to guarantee value out of the aura mastery? or something like renewing mist(s) first, then get a cast off in the remaining ~2-4 seconds?

lastly i'm curious whether anyone ever uses essence font? specifically to proc the double gust, i understand vivify and renewing are more efficient means of fighting spread pressure

#4 sundancekid

sundancekid
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/0

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:36 AM

are you sure youre the correct level? max level is 110 in Legion

#5 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

I wouldnt play with aura since u barely have to cast as a MW atm and having a straight up 20% healing boost is really good for healing your teammates, also i wouldnt play the aura reset talent but instead play the talent that gives u 2 abilities with each TFT since u mostly just wanna lean back at your pillar anyway when only your teammates are being trained and only push in for cc and then pull back again.

If you just pillarhug abit better you will be CC'd alot less aswell and it should be easier to keep your mates alive

Also do you play surge of mist + statue? cuz whenever i play my monk i feel all i do is apply renewing and then instant envelop and maybe sometimes cast a vivify and its super easy to keep my mates topped 

My teammates are ret and DH, I found I can't keep them up even through spam effuse. Maybe this comp ain't viable? Or do I miss anything?

#6 sundancekid

sundancekid
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/0

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:30 PM

My teammates are ret and DH, I found I can't keep them up even through spam effuse. Maybe this comp ain't viable? Or do I miss anything?

have you tried afking behind a pillar while outhealing everything? seems to work pretty well from my experience

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<