• Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:09 AM

gg today btw  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek: idk how locks work, I forgot, but is there something we can do to stop UAs that tick for 40% of my hp? other than treating them as wod chaos bolts?

Drain life refreshes ua duration, so either dispel early, cc the lock for 10 secs so ua expires or los lock for 10 secs so he can't drain life.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#23 hotsaucex

hotsaucex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1531

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:41 AM

heroic rls very fun to play and seems viable, also sp/ww and sp/feral are probably good

#24 Bronjaheim

Bronjaheim
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2001
  • 3v3: 1725
  • RBG: 1627

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:37 AM

Dunno what talents you use but i feel like, if you play with the insta void form talent and the rng mind blast proq you have a fair chance. Throw SwP on everything so you get MB proqs, then you get void form kinda fast. And with insta void you can easily control your burst with your partner.

Edited by Bronjaheim, 23 September 2016 - 05:37 AM.

#25 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:01 AM

Dunno what talents you use but i feel like, if you play with the insta void form talent and the rng mind blast proq you have a fair chance. Throw SwP on everything so you get MB proqs, then you get void form kinda fast. And with insta void you can easily control your burst with your partner.

Void Origins+Shadowy Insight should be a nobrainer choice in PvP at this moment. Idiots who pick Driven to Madness are precisely that, idiots. That talent is not going to save you from being stunned/snared/kicked/polymorphed/etc during Voidform.

And I keep seeing those "shadow will be good until people learn to lock down their damage and afterwards Shadow will be garbage". Yeah, people with a brain will eventually realise that they have your Insanity bar shown on their Gladius/arena frames and that they should pay attention once you hit 100 stacks because you'll enter Voidform and start to do more damage - at that point they'll stun/interrupt you once you enter Voidform and render it useless - in that situation, what exactly stops you from speccing Edge of Insanity, staying at 100 insanity and doing more damage than you do in Voidform and only entering Voidform once a minute to have some Lingering stacks up for the haste?

Answer: absolutely nothing stops you from doing that.

Voidform, Voidbolt and VoiT are obviously insanely good, but this isn't PvE. Voidform was designed with PvE in mind, and if we're being shut down super hard in Voidform, there's no point trying your hardest to play around a flawed mechanic when there's an almost-equally-good solution available.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#26 chobi0ne

chobi0ne
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1789
  • 3v3: 2727
  • 5v5: 1651
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:00 AM

Voidform, Voidbolt and VoiT are obviously insanely good, but this isn't PvE. Voidform was designed with PvE in mind, and if we're being shut down super hard in Voidform, there's no point trying your hardest to play around a flawed mechanic when there's an almost-equally-good solution available.

Yeah, except the balance around artifact weapon ability and traits. 2/3 "big" traits are focused to buff your damage output during voidform. Artifact ability is usable ONLY in voidform. Meanwhile most other classes benefit from their artifacts right away and have instant cast artifact abilities which they can use at any given point.
I love shadow, okay. But I find this whole design around artifact buffing voidform super stupid and idiotic. They added the way to play without voidform, but you don't benefit from artifact traits that way. It's just plain stupid on Blizzard side, and the most annoying thing is that they probably won't redesign it, because it's too late already.

#27 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:12 PM

Looking for peer support after playing the most aids matchup ever

SP/Boomkin/MW vs Warrior/DH/Rsham

Warrior dismounts and pops Avatar, dh holds cds, I'm still dying. Crying for peels already

Warrior cds end, DH goes swifty. Disperse. Cocoon. Breaks in 2 seconds.

I finally get to dot them after interrupts and warrior 5 second reflect (WHICH DOESNT BREAK ON SPELLS LMAO NICE HOLINKA) and watch them tick for 20k outside of voidform once before being dispelled. I dot them again and silence healer + mind bomb dps, oh wait REVERSE FUCKIN MAGIC

just kidding none of that happened i died in opener 

Edited by Knaittiz, 26 September 2016 - 12:15 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#28 Atosy

Atosy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:55 PM

1, Wait untill Wednesday.

2, ???

3, Profit.

#29 TheFreedomSong

TheFreedomSong
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • 3v3: 1625

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

Rets getting buffed. I heard Ret/Spriest is already good. Now with the damage boost they'll be even better. Throw a holy pally as a healer for multiple bops and freedoms to get protected by melee mongos? Thoughts?

Also, doing RBGs, need some advice on how to deal damage.

I've been running shadowy insight. I try to put swp on everything and then VT on 2 healers and 2 dps. It gets difficult when most of the teams I'm coming across are orcs with relentless and VT horror doesn't last long for shit. I've tried to vt/swp everything but dots just fall off when I do, and I'd end up just having to reapply everything. Seems like my damage is a bit low (maybe because I don't have 3rd dragon artifact trait?) usually in bgs that even void torrent doesn't deal significant damage. Probably because every team right now is running triple MW or 2 MW & 1 Resto Sham/Druid?

Tips would be nice. Thanks. Definitely different from mongo warrior playstyle.

#30 Dreydxo

Dreydxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1579
  • 3v3: 2918
  • 5v5: 2729
  • RBG: 1830

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:59 PM

I feel you knaittis, melees can be a pain in the ass. I havent played more than few comps yet so it's hard to say what can and will be good. guess we'll see on wensday!

#31 Elisha

Elisha
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1369
  • 3v3: 2136
  • RBG: 576

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:00 AM

I havn't played SP in are right now, we just played RMP, but Is SP Mage(frost/fire) still vailable?

#32 Theed

Theed
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • 2v2: 1784
  • 3v3: 2330
  • RBG: 1630

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

I was running  Assassination Rogue SP Paladin and had a ton of fun and success. Shatter is also quite good. I think Feral/SP/Paladin or Shaman is decent. 

I don't think Warrior/DH / SP Heal is viable because we still need a ton of peel.

Void Origins+Shadowy Insight should be a nobrainer choice in PvP at this moment. Idiots who pick Driven to Madness are precisely that, idiots. That talent is not going to save you from being stunned/snared/kicked/polymorphed/etc during Voidform.

And I keep seeing those "shadow will be good until people learn to lock down their damage and afterwards Shadow will be garbage". Yeah, people with a brain will eventually realise that they have your Insanity bar shown on their Gladius/arena frames and that they should pay attention once you hit 100 stacks because you'll enter Voidform and start to do more damage - at that point they'll stun/interrupt you once you enter Voidform and render it useless - in that situation, what exactly stops you from speccing Edge of Insanity, staying at 100 insanity and doing more damage than you do in Voidform and only entering Voidform once a minute to have some Lingering stacks up for the haste?

Did you watch Snutz on the invitational? *facepalm*

#33 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

I thought you meant he was owning in the invitational, but I checked the vods and found his 0-3 LooksFamiliarMan

https://clips.twitch...fectPoultryBORT

https://clips.twitch...ainyRuffPRChase

Edited by Knaittiz, 27 September 2016 - 06:13 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#34 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:38 AM

Did you watch Snutz on the invitational? *facepalm*

gotta hardcast dat Void Eruption man, Driven to Madness best talent :lol:

Anyway, besides the obvious SP Mage Healer, I've also tried it with a DH and it seemed to be very good, I also didn't expect it to be good but you seem to win ( or have good chances of winning ) everything that doesn't have a Hunter. 

it feels like we've got shitloads of options this expansion. I'm sure meta will form soon and people will only play the strongest comps but at this point I honestly can't pinpoint the strongest comps for any class ( or well, holy paladin beastcleave and sub frost disc RMP seem to be the two comps that'll be top tier whatever happens ).

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#35 Spyrö

Spyrö
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationSpain

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:34 AM

What's the stat priority in World PvP/Duels? Same has PvE (Haste > Critical Strike > Mastery > Intellect > Versatility)?

#36 Disperse22

Disperse22
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2104
  • 3v3: 2452
  • RBG: 1727
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:36 AM

Looking for peer support after playing the most aids matchup ever

SP/Boomkin/MW vs Warrior/DH/Rsham

Warrior dismounts and pops Avatar, dh holds cds, I'm still dying. Crying for peels already

Warrior cds end, DH goes swifty. Disperse. Cocoon. Breaks in 2 seconds.

I finally get to dot them after interrupts and warrior 5 second reflect (WHICH DOESNT BREAK ON SPELLS LMAO NICE HOLINKA) and watch them tick for 20k outside of voidform once before being dispelled. I dot them again and silence healer + mind bomb dps, oh wait REVERSE FUCKIN MAGIC

just kidding none of that happened i died in opener 

Welcome to Spriest

#37 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:22 PM

What's the stat priority in World PvP/Duels? Same has PvE (Haste > Critical Strike > Mastery > Intellect > Versatility)?

There's no stat prio whenever you PvP because it's decided by Blizzard for you.

Though, if it did work ( which I'm unsure it does ), I'd say you'd go that way, yeah.

#38 Bronjaheim

Bronjaheim
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • 2v2: 2001
  • 3v3: 1725
  • RBG: 1627

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:36 PM

Though, if it did work ( which I'm unsure it does ), I'd say you'd go that way, yeah.

Im no theory crafter myself, so im really curious. In WoD versa was really good for SPs. Why is it lowest prio now? 

#39 Spyrö

Spyrö
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationSpain

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:07 PM

Yep there's no PvP stat templates in World PvP/Duels, gear matters 100% in that situations. Legendaries, trinkets and all that stuff works.

#40 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:50 PM

Im no theory crafter myself, so im really curious. In WoD versa was really good for SPs. Why is it lowest prio now? 

Because of the way SPs played. Like 99% of the time you were throwing out instants ( MB, DP, Horror, MS ( when procced ) ), and when you weren't throwing out instants, you were either Mindflaying or VTing. Mastery buffed majority of your damage in PvP by a larger margin than haste did, and Versa buffed both your damage and your survivability. Haste and crit were obsolete. If you'd geared for Haste in WoD, you'd do less damage than a Mastery/Versa Priest simply because he has harder hitting spells, whereas your Haste simply makes you cast a bit faster ( and your dots to tick a bit faster, your DoTs did like 10-20% of your damage back then, whereas dots do like 50-60% of your damage right now )

Actually now that I think about it, I'd go for Haste+Mastery. Crit is better than Mastery in PvE but that's only because of Auspicious Spirits, it's hard to imagine you'd get a lot of Insanity out of Apparitions in duels vs a single target. As for Versa, you'd have no use for Versatility if you geared for it ( we had like ~8% damage reduction from versatility in S18 IIRC? ) - that kind of thing is extremely good in prolonged 3v3 games when you've got a healer, while it's completely useless in 1v1 situations because that reduced damage is pointless unless you can get a shitload of it. It'd honestly be good for duels/worldpvp only if you'd manage to get like 20+% damage reduction out of it.

Haste buffs your damage the highest out of any stat ( its stat weight atm is above intellect, go figure ), and Mastery is a better stat in PvP in a situation where you can't multidot ( and we're talking world pvp/duels here ). So yeah.

Yep there's no PvP stat templates in World PvP/Duels, gear matters 100% in that situations. Legendaries, trinkets and all that stuff works.

Fair enough, didn't know that. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<