Photo

Differentiating between Lifebloom and Rejuvenation(Germination)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Khader

Khader
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Restoration 2/1/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1528
  • 3v3: 2053

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:59 PM

I currently use Shadowed Unit Frames and I find that when using omnicooldown, I have trouble differentiating which one is which on party frames. Does anyone know of any solution to this?
Originally Posted by Mightlol

ps : Barkskin > Bubble as a defensive cooldown, tho its right Bubble may be used as a " second trinket "

#2 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:22 PM

I currently use Shadowed Unit Frames and I find that when using omnicooldown, I have trouble differentiating which one is which on party frames. Does anyone know of any solution to this?

i don't know what your ui looks like but maybe consider using a different one.

possibly make your party buffs bigger if whats making it hard for you to tell is the timers over the buffs (at least thats what im guesing)

#3 Khader

Khader
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:43 PM

Some of it is the timer, the other part is that they just look the same. Here's an SS

http://imgur.com/a/rzBg6

ps : Barkskin > Bubble as a defensive cooldown, tho its right Bubble may be used as a " second trinket "

#4 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

if you can put forth the effort required to learn your way around it, i *really* recommend trying vuhdo. at the most basic level it's an addon for raid frames/party HP bars, like healium or grid, but the depth of customization is pretty incredible. i'm a shitty healer in a lot of ways (let's just say "most") but my cleanses are always on point, because i've set up my frames in such a way that crucial debuffs/effects are impossible to ignore. likewise it's really simple to track my own hots, etc, using the same basic setup for every healer.

there are a number of ways you could go about it, but in my case, what works best is to track each hot using different color-coded square -- ex: lifebloom is light blue, wild growth is yellow, rejuv is red, germination is pink -- which then appear in a line along the bottom of the target's health bar. same thing for my monk: enveloping is yellow, renewing light blue, etc. i gave each square its own timer displaying the full remaining duration -- depending on your preference, you can set this to only appear when there are only X number of seconds left, change the font and size of the numbers, or forego the timer entirely. similarly you can ditch the squares in favor of actual spell icons, different shapes, or something else. 

basically if you can think of something worth customizing, vuhdo will probably let you tweak it, in one way or another. just let me know if you end up needing help and i can walk you through setting it up

#5 Khader

Khader
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

That's actually what I was hoping for. So I can customize the color of the buff using Vuhdo?

#6 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:47 PM

yeah exactly. if I remember I'll take a screenshot later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<