Shimmer or Cold Snap

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spamsheep

Spamsheep
  • Premium
  • LocationKY, USA

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:17 PM

So, I like Shimmer coupled with Prismatic Cloak so far for caster comps, and it's really nice for keeping my range from most melee. The only downside is, of course, you can't get out of stuns with it.
Cold Snap, on the other hand, is nice for an extra heal for 2s (since I run a double dps comp) and good to have 2 charges of Ice Block. But again, downside is Ice Block being dispelled by priests.
I know I could just change talents before the arena begins based on the comp, but what do you guys think?

#2 Vira

Vira
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/1/0/0/1
  • 5v5: 288

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:51 AM

Orc racial + tenacity works pretty well vs stuns. Casting Poly + Blink is too good to pass up

Just a heads up, if a priest or a lock is running at you in arena, he is not going to open trade and give you gold.

#3 tgmoore

tgmoore
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 766

Posted 05 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

Yeah I've used both of these talents.  Shimmer with prism cloak is really nice and if you're comfortable with the class and don't find yourself lost in between damage rotations.  Pretty much it has more utility and adds a lot of mobility.  However, Ice Block twice in arenas, if your comp is weaker or you find yourself always attacked first by the other team, is hard to beat for survivability.  So, I'd recommend either option based on whether you want more mobility or another chance at cheating death and keeping the fight going.  When I'm up against caster's/ranged dps I use shimmer/prismatic cloak.  If I'm fighting melees especially rogues I choose cold snap. If you don't have prismatic cloak yet then I'd recommend cold snap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<