#1 Alcohoulix

Alcohoulix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/0

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:48 PM

Hi lads, lets talk about handwatches here. Seen some sick watch? link it here. Planning to get one? link it here. Already have a sick one? link it here. Suggest me some sick handwatches up to 600 eur maximum. Rate other watches. What brand do you think makes the best looking ones? Which brand would you avoid? Everything here.

Give me suggestions on these ones

DIESEL MEGA CHIEF

330 eur
Posted Image

HUGO BOSS

320 eur
Posted Image

HUGO BOSS
355 eur
Posted Image

these last two are now discounted -40% and look pretty decent to me

HUGO BOSS ORANGE

235 eur, discounted to 141 eur.
Posted Image

and this

HUGO BOSS ORANGE

195 eur, discounted to 117 eur.
Posted Image
“It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.”

#2 Ventux

Ventux
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:25 PM

Posted Image

Watch I bought a few months ago, in euro it's about 400 or something

#3 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 17 September 2016 - 12:27 PM

How about you watch my hand

#4 Alcohoulix

Alcohoulix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 17 September 2016 - 01:46 PM

Looks pretty sick ventux, how would you compare leather belt to stainless steel in comfortness? So far ive had 3 watches and all of them have been leather so far.

#5 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:50 PM

So I've been looking at handwatches on google images and stuff out of curiosity and here are some rules I think should be followed -

#1. I don't need to read your brand I need to read the time. It should look like some nice old man hand crafted it with loving care, not like an advertisement for the company that made it. That said I guess you can afford to have the name removed if you can also afford spending hundreds of dollars on an outdated expensive wrist ornament.

#2. No fancy bullshit like roman numerals. I just want to read a number from 1 to 12 as quickly as possible, not spend my precious seconds try to figure out which number that symbol means. You are competing with phones at telling time, and you only do that one thing so do it better and do it quickly.

#3. The more nonsense you put in the background the harder it is to read at a glance. If you can't make a watch aesthetically pleasing with putting like a fractal artwork behind it you suck at watch design.

Also these watch websites are a fucking nightmare of overly scripted bullshit.

I kinda feel like my search history needs a shower now.

All that said here's one of the most aesthetically pleasing yet minimalist enough watches I found -

Posted Image

The brand name is still there but it's nicely unobtrusive.

It's a hamilton khaki navy pioneer and goes for ~$600

If I were going for something cheaper I'd check out the recommendations by the watch nerds @

https://www.reddit.c...guide_0250_usd/

There are some nice low cost ones there.

#6 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:55 PM

^ pretty much this yea

it should look elegant, not "sick as fuck"

and function/"usability" highest priority

i wouldn't chase for minimalism specifically though. like, a factory logo on it is fine imo (as long as it looks as a signature and not an advertisement ofc). the thought of removing it wouldn't even occur to me, it's a part of the watch too

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#7 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 18 September 2016 - 12:00 AM

Basically, the description of your watch should sound like the business card scene in American Psycho.

Would like to note that Van Patten's card is shit.

#8 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 18 September 2016 - 12:04 AM

wouldn't buy a 300-600 eur watch and then start modding it (removing logos) or whatever

you kno
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#9 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 18 September 2016 - 12:12 AM

Right, if the name/logo isn't too gaudy it doesn't need to be removed. I still prefer no name/logo but the image I posted shows the style of it I wouldn't be bothered by.

#10 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 18 September 2016 - 01:55 AM

if you're buying a watch from a fashion label you're buying chinease crap for overpriced as fuck. it's insane how they can sell those things tbh, they even have mineral glass. something a decent watch would never ever fucking have because it's super shit and doesn't even save a lot of money in comparison to sapphire. and if they even save that little bit of money i mean it should be pretty clear that you are getting totally ripped off.
i personally like tissot. they make quality watches for pretty cheap considering their quality. and they fit the 300-600€ range.
this is my pr 100
Spoiler

the pr100 as chronometer is a bit more expensive but also sick as fuck. a friend of mine has it.
Spoiler

also for the maximum of your budget you could get the pr 100 as automatic which is pretty cool if you're into that
Spoiler

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

being ugly doesn't mean you have inner beauty

#11 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/.

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:07 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with buggos aesthetic outlines.

Watches with big logos are for people who wear Armani Exchange and think that's how millionaires dress.

Also since my family owned a printing business I gotta say all cards but Paul Allen's look pretty bad.

#12 Alcohoulix

Alcohoulix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:33 AM

Good discussion guys, alot of useful information. How would you still compare leather belt to stainless steel in every day wearing comfort?

Like whats the use of this watch, just to show off.

CITIZEN RADIO CONTROLLED TITANIUM SUPER SKYHAWK JY0080-62E

679 eur discounted from 859 eur.

Posted Image

Would this be worth the money? Quite minimalistic, elegant, easy to read time and so on.

EMPORIO ARMANI AR1614
299 eur

Posted Image

#13 Ventux

Ventux
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:53 AM

Looks pretty sick ventux, how would you compare leather belt to stainless steel in comfortness? So far ive had 3 watches and all of them have been leather so far.

For me leather is really comfortable, I can't judge on stainless steel though as this is my first watch and I've never wore one with steel =D

#14 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:09 PM

I don't have a watch
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#15 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:09 PM

I know it's always high noon
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#16 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

In my very limited experiences trying out wearing a watch, my arm hair would get caught and pulled by steel. Perhaps it wasn't a great watch though, it was a christmas or birthday gift or something.

#17 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:14 PM

Good discussion guys, alot of useful information. How would you still compare leather belt to stainless steel in every day wearing comfort?

Like whats the use of this watch, just to show off.

CITIZEN RADIO CONTROLLED TITANIUM SUPER SKYHAWK JY0080-62E

679 eur discounted from 859 eur.

Posted Image

Would this be worth the money? Quite minimalistic, elegant, easy to read time and so on.

EMPORIO ARMANI AR1614
299 eur

Posted Image

i personally don't like the look of leather straps, i think they are more comfortable though and cheaper aswell.

the citizen is really overloaded with features, but it's also quite a good watch. you probably don't need all the features so basicly it's just down to how you think the watch looks. i like chronometers even though i don't think i'd really need the stopwatch feature, but it just looks good. if you like how it looks and think all the features are neat then go for it. of course you could also get a watch of similar quality but with less features for less money. or a less complex watch of higher quality for the same money, or a watch with different kinds of features for the same, such as an automatic. glass is obviously sapphire and casing and wristband titanium. citizen is a reputable watch manufacturer so you'll get a good clockwork to be sure.

the armani watch is most certainly not worth the money. if you are deciding between usual watch manufacturers you can usually see what you're paying for and why one is more expensive than the other but with fashion lables it all breaks down. they basicly are chinease made watches no different from those that you could buy for like 5€ at the supermarket, aside from the fact they they are better designed. i mean i get the appeal, a lot of them do look kind of good, but really, with that watch you're paying 295 because it looks good and 5 bucks for the actual watch.

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

being ugly doesn't mean you have inner beauty

#18 Alcohoulix

Alcohoulix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 18 September 2016 - 06:52 PM

Alright. Found pretty neat watches by Paul Hewitt. Prices are suprisingly good for the elegant look and even sapphire glass.
Examples :
PAUL HEWITT SAILOr

180 eur
Posted Image
Posted Image
these look really appealing.

#19 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:47 PM

Alright. Found pretty neat watches by Paul Hewitt. Prices are suprisingly good for the elegant look and even sapphire glass.
Examples :
PAUL HEWITT SAILOr

180 eur
Posted Image
Posted Image
these look really appealing.

these are pretty dope actually
s a d b o y s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<