• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1550
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

By no means is this supposed to be a shitpost at all but just my mere insight on the class (mind you, I only have Alpha to WotLK experience; did not play Cata, MoP, or WoD).

Fire mages have an insane amount of utility, control, and reliable on demand burst (not high burst albeit but burst nonetheless). The only problem interferring with mages in the current state of Legion is that some classes just do outright insane gib damage. If some classes were able to be toned down so counterplay could be involved, (rather then me having to block a fury of the Illidari DH to avoid losing 80% of my HP in 2 seconds) then I think mages are fine. **This is not a witch hunting post specified directly at DH's; just in-general against stupidly absurd abilities**

TLDR; Fire mage control (IF sheep, DB, Shimmer casting) is insane BUT (excuse my French) our burst (although reliable) does dick damage compared to everyone else. Pls halp.

P.S. Klepto is too fucking strong.

#2 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

it's hard to give mages any real 'burst' because with their spam able cc it would be nearly impossible to countered that burst. Which will put you into another wod state. Not saying whether they need a buff or not just saying it's hard to give them high burst
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#3 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

TLDR; Fire mage control (IF sheep, DB, Shimmer casting) is insane

nothing illustrates how fucked control style pvp gameplay has become better then someone listing ice floes + dragons breath + shimmer as insane control lol

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#4 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:24 PM

nothing illustrates how fucked control style pvp gameplay has become better then someone listing ice floes + dragons breath + shimmer as insane control lol

yah casting while moving mid blink is not insane utility

4 second non cast aoe disorient sounds mediocre aswell

Edited by Refren, 15 September 2016 - 03:25 PM.

#5 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:28 PM

yah casting while moving mid blink is not insane utility

4 second non cast aoe disorient sounds mediocre aswell

4 second non cast aoe disorient has been in the game since tbc (3 seconds only in pvp)

casting while moving has been in the game since mop

but thanks for making my point for me :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 15 September 2016 - 03:30 PM.

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#6 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:36 PM

4 second non cast aoe disorient has been in the game since tbc (3 seconds only in pvp)

casting while moving has been in the game since mop

but thanks for making my point for me :)

you do realise in the current state of the game with all the prune mages still have more utility/cc/control then most classes would have if you give them every single ability that they lost in the last 10 years how can you even fucking complain

mages have the single best cc ability in the game AND YOU CAN FUCKING CAST IT AND TELEPORT WHILE UR CASTING IT like what?????? fire mages shouldnt even fucking have dragons breath other classes have fucking nothing compared to mages utility wise

oh not to mention sheep isnt even on same school as ur main damage abilities rofl

Edited by Refren, 15 September 2016 - 03:40 PM.

#7 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:39 PM

nothing illustrates how fucked control style pvp gameplay has become

you do realise in the current state of the game with all the prune

lol

thanks for making my point for me :)

mages have the single best cc ability in the game AND YOU CAN FUCKING CAST IT AND TELEPORT WHILE UR CASTING IT like what?????? fire mages shouldnt even fucking have dragons breath other classes have fucking nothing compared to mages utility wise

heres to hoping next expansion we have dragons breath, frost nova and polymorph pruned, then mages can finally stop being cc overlords after 6 expansions and give every other class in the game a chance to finally shine in arena

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 15 September 2016 - 03:42 PM.

#8 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 September 2016 - 03:46 PM

lol

heres to hoping next expansion we have dragons breath, frost nova and polymorph pruned, then mages can finally stop being cc overlords after 6 expansions and give every other class in the game a chance to shine finally in arena

lol

heres to hoping next expansion we have dragons breath, frost nova and polymorph pruned, then mages can finally stop being cc overlords after 6 expansions and give every other class in the game a chance to shine finally in arena

nah lets give mages back impact stun, double blink baseline, instant ring of frost, pom for all specs, deep freeze for all specs, disarm while a melee hits you, blanket cs, blazing speed baseline
all of those were great for the game none of those shouldve been pruned

im all against pruning but really u complain about mage utility/cc getting pruned _:- mages lost nothing cc wise compared to other classes they still have plenty of stuff

Edited by Refren, 15 September 2016 - 03:52 PM.

#9 waniqutie

waniqutie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2405
  • RBG: 1148

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:03 PM

https://clips.twitch...llyPigeonDuDudu

yes its skirmish and probably noobs when they stack like that but still =)

#10 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

im all against pruning but really u complain about mage utility/cc getting pruned _:- mages lost nothing cc wise compared to other classes they still have plenty of stuff

I think they have too much, we should put poly on cyclone dr imo.
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#11 Disperse22

Disperse22
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2104
  • 3v3: 2452
  • RBG: 1727
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:24 PM

By no means is this supposed to be a shitpost at all but just my mere insight on the class (mind you, I only have Alpha to WotLK experience; did not play Cata, MoP, or WoD).

Fire mages have an insane amount of utility, control, and reliable on demand burst (not high burst albeit but burst nonetheless). The only problem interferring with mages in the current state of Legion is that some classes just do outright insane gib damage. If some classes were able to be toned down so counterplay could be involved, (rather then me having to block a fury of the Illidari DH to avoid losing 80% of my HP in 2 seconds) then I think mages are fine. **This is not a witch hunting post specified directly at DH's; just in-general against stupidly absurd abilities**

TLDR; Fire mage control (IF sheep, DB, Shimmer casting) is insane BUT (excuse my French) our burst (although reliable) does dick damage compared to everyone else. Pls halp.

P.S. Klepto is too fucking strong.

Sifr says the same thing

He thinks frost is underrated

#12 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arcane 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 2284
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:30 PM

hope you're trolling.

#13 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:53 PM

lol

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<