#1 kraakpand

kraakpand
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/0/2/././.

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:35 AM

Felt like reposting this from the wow forums: https://www.twitch.t...uxia/v/87645740

top fucking kek xd

Anyone know when the balance patch b4 season is live? this week or next maintenance?

#2 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:30 AM

You're hoping for some easy +1's or something?

First off: it's not an Ele Shaman.

That aside;

here's what happens in the video:

-DH pops every damage CD he could possible pop (which are all on GCD except for Chaos Blades, btw).
-Enemy team does not react appropriately with some kind of CC on him.
-DH leaps onto the Shaman, Shaman does not trinket even though DH has all CDs up + Nemesis on Shaman.
-DH drops FotI (3s stationary AoE) that increases it's damage based on how many people are standing in it (if you have the artifact trait).
-All of them stack into it, effectively tripling the DH's burst damage and, by extension, his healing.
-They die.

And no, it's not fine. It shouldn't happen. But acting like they played well is bullshit. They basically didn't pay attention to anything, thinking they had already won when apparently they hadn't forced any of the DHs CDs before and blindly following into an AoE that can simply be walked out of, especially if you have trinkets available.

If they hadn't followed the DH into the AoE, the Shaman could've possibly made it out alive even without trinketing, and the DH wouldn't have healed nearly as much.

The problem, as always, is cooldown stacking. Nemesis + Chaos Blades + Darkness (70% chance to fully absorb attacks) + Blur (50% dodge chance) + Metamorphosis (40% leech + empowered main abilities (approximately double damage)) = this damage + unable to hit him.

I'd suggest something along the lines of:
"Fury of the Illidari deals 80% damage in PvP"
"Blade Dance deals 80% damage in PvP"
"Death Sweep deals 80% damage in PvP"

For the people that don't know DH ability names, that's the 1min cd AoE burst. By nerfing it, you also nerf the artifact trait, so you reduce the damage by more than you'd think. And by nerfing damage you indirectly nerf their healing as well so that's a bonus I suppose.

Blade Dance is the 1s 100% dodge + AoE damage ability, and Death Sweep is the Metamorphosis version.

Edited by Forumz, 13 September 2016 - 10:38 AM.

Posted Image

#3 kraakpand

kraakpand
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/0/2/././.

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:28 PM

You're hoping for some easy +1's or something?

<snip>

Nah just wanted to share, for those that don't want to browse the wow forums. I thought it was hilarious to see what DH is capable of.

Also +1 for the insightful explanation of what was happening! helps me understand wtf DH is doing.

So basically DH gets stronger when you stack up? thats actually a pretty neat mechanic if you ask me

The only thing that actually needs nerfing (imo) is their self healing. i'd completely remove it. even meta healing. This way they can be a glass cannon melee. i wouldn't mind their damage if they'd do this.

#4 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:33 PM

demon hunters need buffs, they are legitimately a horrible horrible class these situations happen when the other team is completely afk and only once per 5 min

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#5 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • RBG: 768

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:45 PM

demon hunters need buffs, they are legitimately a horrible horrible class these situations happen when the other team is completely afk and only once per 5 min

They don't actually need Meta to do most of this burst, so it's more around every 2 minutes. Meta is what's healing him back up.

Nah just wanted to share, for those that don't want to browse the wow forums. I thought it was hilarious to see what DH is capable of.

Also +1 for the insightful explanation of what was happening! helps me understand wtf DH is doing.

So basically DH gets stronger when you stack up? thats actually a pretty neat mechanic if you ask me

The only thing that actually needs nerfing (imo) is their self healing. i'd completely remove it. even meta healing. This way they can be a glass cannon melee. i wouldn't mind their damage if they'd do this.

The meta healing is a pretty important design aspect though, I'd be sad to see it go. It's already nerfed to 40% in PvP, so you can't heal up on a single target, you need multiple targets so your AoE gets insanely strong and that'll heal you up.
Posted Image

#6 GhazzyTV

GhazzyTV
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Havoc 0/2/././././.
  • 2v2: 1237
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:14 PM

Pretty much exactly what Scoot wrote, is what happened and I agree that the DMG should be some what nerfed. However, I also feel that meta should be lowered in duration and reduced in effect as I think that vs people who are using what ever is behind their foreheads DH has issues in terms of survivability compared to all other classes :P (Outside meta that is).
Shamelessly advertising my Life:
http://www.twitch.tv/Ghazzy
http://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
http://www.twitter.com/GhazzyTV

Multi Glad Rogue during TBC/WotlK

#7 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:26 AM

TEE UM UP
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#8 roastys

roastys
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1611
  • 3v3: 2545
  • RBG: 1519

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:15 AM

how do you suggest we nerf those disgusting op disc priests?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<