Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:01. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Ancient Mistweaver Arts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1666
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 13 September 2016 - 04:39 AM

Has anyone tested this out yet? I just unlocked the talent finally and was curious what everyone thought of it and other talents.

EDIT: after a couple bgs i realize i dont like it. When stacked with Mist Wrap it doesnt let you use enveloping while moving and just feels extremely clunky right now. Hopefully they improve it but dying in a stun is still an issue.

Edited by Celaurthor, 13 September 2016 - 06:16 AM.

#2 Mnmmnmmnmmnm

Mnmmnmmnmmnm

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:13 AM

It lets me keep people up better, but I run out of mana WAY too fast with it

#3 wicccked

wicccked
  • Members

Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:55 PM

Is Soothing mist still uninterruptable with the talent?

#4 Creptius

Creptius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/0/0/0

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

You can be interrupted on soothing mist when using AMA.

#5 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:46 AM

It becomes like old Soothing. It's just still very buggy.

#6 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:21 PM

It lets me keep people up better, but I run out of mana WAY too fast with it

i just hit 20 so i haven't unlocked it yet -- could you (or anyone else) explain a little bit further why this is the case? i read a couple other complaints about AMA draining mana but i mostly wrote them off. i'm mostly confused why, if soothing w/ AMA works the same as it did in WOD, and it was possible to manage your mana then, why is it such a problem now? is it just the increase in damage across the board, necessitating extra healing? or the absence of mana tea? or do our heals simply cost more proportionally (or something else)?

also, i assumed that soothing with AMA would not work with mist wrap -- that if you took AMA, you would have to stand still to channel soothing. based on some of these replies, it sounds like you can move and channel simultaneously, but have to stop in order to use an instant cast? do i have that right?

thanks

#7 Tuoppe

Tuoppe
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/1/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1736

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:14 PM

Can confirm that while it does provide more healing, it makes you vulnerable to interrupts and like other ppl have said, makes you oom really fast. Overall just seems like a high risk low reward talent and just doesn't seem to be worth using in its' current state.

#8 Frosteye

Frosteye
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1809
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:03 PM

I've been running Surge of Mist, it feels much more effective. The passive soothing mist healing is nice.

#9 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:28 AM

i just hit 20 so i haven't unlocked it yet -- could you (or anyone else) explain a little bit further why this is the case? i read a couple other complaints about AMA draining mana but i mostly wrote them off. i'm mostly confused why, if soothing w/ AMA works the same as it did in WOD, and it was possible to manage your mana then, why is it such a problem now? is it just the increase in damage across the board, necessitating extra healing? or the absence of mana tea? or do our heals simply cost more proportionally (or something else)?

also, i assumed that soothing with AMA would not work with mist wrap -- that if you took AMA, you would have to stand still to channel soothing. based on some of these replies, it sounds like you can move and channel simultaneously, but have to stop in order to use an instant cast? do i have that right?

thanks

Main thing is probably no more mana tea, at least not like it used to be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users