Photo

How realistic is it to actually find new partners?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_RX

Mr_RX
  • Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1429
  • 3v3: 287
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

Myself and My Friend are both 1400 rated 2v2 players. As you can see from our profiles we mostly raided in wod, myself heroics and the start of mythics and my friend mostly mythics. He has been playing non stop since beta and i was around for a short period in vanilla but only came back half way through WOD.

We basically just messed around in 2v2 because we didn't have a third person for 3s, so we didn't take 2s too seriously. But we are looking at getting into 3s for legion, and want to see how far we can go.

How realistic do you think it is to find someone our rating, or someone willing to play with our rating? (mind you it shouldn't be taken on face value alone, since it doesnt indicate skill level, only time spent actually playing arena)

Every post i see is something like "2.8k+ looking for healer" or "R1 rouge/mage looking for partners". Is there nobody just starting out or those that are not stupdily high rating left to play with? Is everyone taking arena at a blizzcon level of seriousness that you need basically a resume and video highlight reel to get their attention?

#2 zzu

zzu
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1346
  • 3v3: 2831

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:28 PM

lfg tool

#3 Mr_RX

Mr_RX
  • Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 September 2016 - 11:59 PM

lfg tool

While I do appreciate your input, If i had not already tried lfg previously and made this thread, I would look like an absolute tool.

its hard to find someone who wants to que 3s regularly at similar hours of the day, and willing to jump on a communication application from lfg tool. My experience has been they que for 5-10 games, and then don't see them online for a week.

It been difficult to find people in a similiar position to myself, looking at getting into 3v3 arena in legion, and wanting to take it semi seriously (communication, regular ques, ect) but not having the extensive experience that everybody seems to have around here.

#4 TOmjashroom

TOmjashroom
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 2319
  • 3v3: 2123
  • RBG: 1148

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

The lower rated you are the more chance of getting people who will only play a few games and ditch or rage quit quickly. There are tons of peple who are over confidnet and get mad when they lose and want to blame.

PVP doesn't have to be like raiding you don't have to play with the same people all the time you have freedom to que all the time with as many people as you want. If I was you I'd try and just que when ever you want to play with whoever is on or go to LFG and find new people and maybe you will find the prince among the frogs. Don't wait for people to log on if you want to improve go premade finder and bust out games at this point 1400 you are a few thousand games off making a noticeable improvment and you cant get them done waiting for people to log on.

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 384
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 September 2016 - 11:17 PM

Use your RealID/Bnet. I didn't have any partners for this season so I wasn't even going to come back, then I found out I had two relatively close friends who I used to raid and cap 2s with at 2k that I figured whilst are below me skill-wise in 3s; it was worth a shot. Don't know how it'll go (we're playing RLS which I guess is kinda friendly these days). Simply asked them to play and they said sure lol.

PS: ""2.8k+ looking for healer" or "R1 rouge/mage looking for partners"" these guys never find anyone lol - because even r1 players worth salt that return find a mate immediately. (E and half the time you find they were 2.8/r1 in some irrelevant season or p server or playing an fotm comp slamming their face into the keyboard)

Edited by Blood_Ruby_XII, 23 September 2016 - 02:09 PM.

I'm a faceless piece of meat for your perusal

Posted Image
Posted Image

Blood Ruby - can't add char back to profile because bnet is shitting itself

#6 Mr_RX

Mr_RX
  • Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 September 2016 - 12:36 AM

Thank you both for your input, It is much appreciated.

I guess I will just continue to use the LFG tool as advised and see what comes from that. Hopefully my experience with it will be more positive than it was in WOD.

#7 HiImSynthetic

HiImSynthetic
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/2/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1780
  • 3v3: 2724
  • RBG: 576

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:34 PM

I think it comes down to what guild you are in to find partners, Glads/Rank 1's know each other for the most part and everyone adds each other. This is my experience

#8 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:29 AM

Thank you both for your input, It is much appreciated.

I guess I will just continue to use the LFG tool as advised and see what comes from that. Hopefully my experience with it will be more positive than it was in WOD.

lfg tool will suck but there's no way around it. you will play with tons of different people, especially if you're low raiting. just search for similar skilled players each time you play and hopefully you'll make your way up slowly and at a certain raiting people will be more willing to play at regular times or add you to bnet and queue regularly. there are different types of players in 3s, some play only with their 2 mates at set dates and shit and then there are the guys who have tons of people they play with on bnet and /or their guild and just always play with other similar rated guys. joining a pvp guild could be an option too. usually the games are more chill and less rage, you'll maybe get a chance to play with better people who can teach you a bit when they don't care about raiting or playing ith an alt or something and in general it's nicer to play with those kinds of people than rage kids from the lfg tool who are desperate to get those 50 more raiting.

but honestly if you have a mate you're playing with already and you have something thats playable in 2s then play 2s until you get better. you'll learn way more from 2s and you don't have the hassle of changing mates.

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

being ugly doesn't mean you have inner beauty

#9 prpledrank

prpledrank
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Shandris
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/2/0/0/2/1
  • 3v3: 1631
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:29 PM

Like everyone has said, LFG tool is the way to go. At this point you just need to play lots and lots of games. After quitting end of wotlk and coming back end of WoD I knew nobody, and used the LFG tool to find people.

What I do (since I'm a healer this probably works better) is I always start the group, put my class/spec in title with what classes I'm looking to play with. In the description i put no ragers, chill games, CR, no one and dones, grinding games. I always found people who were just like me just looking to get games in. Now just simply doing games isn't going to do much unless you actually try and improve. You need to be able to accept your mistakes, and be able to take constructive criticism. I would suggest recording all your games, and going back and rewatching them to see where you could have done something different, looking at how you won/lost, what your teammates did, strategies, etc. Don't be afraid to just do games, rating doesn't matter until you are in glad range anyway.  

#10 Maccadin

Maccadin
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1421
  • 3v3: 767
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:50 AM

Like everyone has said, LFG tool is the way to go. At this point you just need to play lots and lots of games. After quitting end of wotlk and coming back end of WoD I knew nobody, and used the LFG tool to find people.

What I do (since I'm a healer this probably works better) is I always start the group, put my class/spec in title with what classes I'm looking to play with. In the description i put no ragers, chill games, CR, no one and dones, grinding games. I always found people who were just like me just looking to get games in. Now just simply doing games isn't going to do much unless you actually try and improve. You need to be able to accept your mistakes, and be able to take constructive criticism. I would suggest recording all your games, and going back and rewatching them to see where you could have done something different, looking at how you won/lost, what your teammates did, strategies, etc. Don't be afraid to just do games, rating doesn't matter until you are in glad range anyway.  

This I started just getting games in, although i found it really hard to find healers to play with for some reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<