Photo

What spec are you going to play in legion?

Legion Arena Mage PVP spec

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lityaup

Lityaup
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 2265
  • 5v5: 1515
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:09 PM

Hello this forum seems pretty dead anymore, but I guess ill give it a shot. What are your plans for legion spec wise? To me on pre patch frost seems stronger than fire in most pvp situations and also seems to do more damage. But I have only played frost for awhile now so maybe its just me. From what ive seen everyone is saying fire is the way to go for legion, after the recent nerf to DB and some damage abilities Im curious to if thats still the case? I would like to know before launch as I dont want to invest time in the wrong artifact. I think a lot of mages on the beta are playing fire as well. Thanks for any input.

#2 dizzcord

dizzcord
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2216
  • 3v3: 2749
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:40 PM

Play whatever spec you enjoy, honestly

Why is everyone complaining about pruning?
The reason WoW is not a ESPORT is because of the extreme imbalance between different classes and comps,
So what blizzard is doing IS MAKING IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO MULTICLASS.
SO YOU DONT GET COUNTERED EVERY FUCKING GAME.
If you feel like your class is dumb and easy, try another class THAT'S THE POINT OF PRUNING.................

#3 Lityaup

Lityaup
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:58 PM

Yeah but my thing is I dont dislike fire or frost, I love them both equallly as a matter of fact. Only difference being ive played frost alot more

#4 Lityaup

Lityaup
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

Hopefully I can get a few more replies on this topic, I just want to know what a good artifact to focus on will be. I dont want to invest too much time in fire if its just going to get nerfed to hell.

#5 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:13 PM

I dont want to invest too much time in fire if its just going to get nerfed to hell.

oh it will be nerfed to hell eventually, don't worry about that - they have spent a huge amount of effort creating lore and content based around these weapons and expecting them to allow pure dps classes to get away with only leveling one of them for one "best" spec over the entire expansion is pretty lol

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#6 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:44 PM

oh it will be nerfed to hell eventually, don't worry about that - they have spent a huge amount of effort creating lore and content based around these weapons and expecting them to allow pure dps classes to get away with only leveling one of them for one "best" spec over the entire expansion is pretty lol

Posted Image
?

#7 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:59 PM

that's for raiders who actually have a reason to level multiple specs, because of the classes they play

if fire remains the best mage pvp/pve spec for the entire expansion, 90%+ of mages will remain fire for the entire expansion and have absolutely no reason to touch other spec weapons unless they get so much pleasure from completing world quests and running heroic/mythic dungeons daily that they choose to keep doing them for 40+ weeks instead of 28

they will pingpong pure dps classes between their specs over the course of the expansion through buffs/nerfs in the name of content

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 28 August 2016 - 11:01 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#8 Lityaup

Lityaup
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:38 AM

wow fml

#9 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:09 AM

Seriously just play what you think is fun. The problem I think a lot of people have is that they are trying to look at legion through wods eyes if that makes sense. At least to me, wod was so shit and boring that the only enjoyment I could muster up was min/maxing my characters and trying to be "competitive". And legion isn't really like that. There is so much more to do than what wod gave you. I mean they actually found a way to make bgs relevant again.

So unless you are planning to be the best of the best and push for the super high rating, just play what's fun.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#10 Naxy

Naxy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2224
  • 3v3: 2088
  • 5v5: 1807
  • RBG: 1976
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:25 PM

I think im in a minority, but I started playing frost. Feels clunky, but still. I don't like fire, just me. I was torn between arcane and frost. I hope frost will stand somewhat chance in arena compared to fire.

Edited by Naxy, 30 August 2016 - 05:25 PM.

#11 Telepatico

Telepatico
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1688

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

Seriously just play what you think is fun. The problem I think a lot of people have is that they are trying to look at legion through wods eyes if that makes sense. At least to me, wod was so shit and boring that the only enjoyment I could muster up was min/maxing my characters and trying to be "competitive". And legion isn't really like that. There is so much more to do than what wod gave you. I mean they actually found a way to make bgs relevant again.

So unless you are planning to be the best of the best and push for the super high rating, just play what's fun.

[mini-off-topic]
Uegene, you're one of the best commenters atm. You are sensate, polite and clearly on what you're saying. Almost everytime I read a commend you did, I agree with you; and this time was not different. Well said bro.
[/mini-off-topic]

I have said this to all my friends: Just play whatever makes you happy. I have played this game for about 9~10 years and I found out it not long ago :-)!!

For me, I'll play MM. Not because it's better than SV or BM (i think it is almost impossible to have fun while BM), but because it is funniest!!

Peace

#12 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:43 PM

I have two mages. One is going to be fire and one will be arcane. I enjoy fire and arcane more than frost atm. Arcane a bit more just because I like jumping around a lot.

#13 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:48 AM

[mini-off-topic]
Uegene, you're one of the best commenters atm. You are sensate, polite and clearly on what you're saying. Almost everytime I read a commend you did, I agree with you; and this time was not different. Well said bro.
[/mini-off-topic]

I have said this to all my friends: Just play whatever makes you happy. I have played this game for about 9~10 years and I found out it not long ago :-)!!

For me, I'll play MM. Not because it's better than SV or BM (i think it is almost impossible to have fun while BM), but because it is funniest!!

Peace

Well thanks! :D
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Legion, Arena, Mage, PVP, spec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<