• US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Survival 2/0/0/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1480
  • 3v3: 2723
  • 5v5: 1583
  • RBG: 1647

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:41 AM

What spec are you guys going to be playing when the expansion launches?

Honestly torn between SV or MM.

#2 Mr_RX

Mr_RX
  • Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1429
  • 3v3: 287
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:26 AM

So this is just the opinion of a newbie WOD baby who wants to get into 3s for legion.

I've mained one toon since I joined in july 2015. That was my marksman hunter. I raided up to mythic HFC and I did 2s arena (only up to about 1300 I think) and i loved it. When I saw the legion changes I was devastated. We lost freezing trap and explosive trap, we lost chimera shot, we lost kill shot. we were also now relying on procs for marked shot. I did not like this at all. I felt like we were nerfed into oblivion and after a few weeks of sobbing to myself in bed I decided I have no choice but to reroll (Because I HATE melee and I hate how stupidly easy BM is to play)

But luckily a friend of mine slapped me over the head and said OI YOU IDIOT, hunter will be so much different at level 110 with pvp talents and your artifact weapon, it will play way differently then it does right now on live. (Like many others I did not get beta access and for some stupid reasons blizzard thinks its a good idea to go into an xpac with no open beta period?)

So, i did some research, watching videos reading guides, checking out theory crafted builds and completed artifact weapons and I will concede that yes, it looks like its much less random procs, and we do get some crazy CC back. I'm going to give marksman a chance in legion and hope I enjoy it and its viable in 3s for arena.

Survival looks like its going to be strong, even if very strange with its half melee half ranged playstyle. I honestly think more people will play survival tho in PVP, well compared to marksman anyway. No doubt many many many people will play BM and push a big CD macro and spam 3 buttons and do crazy damage. (Going back to the days of scroll wheel macro playstyle anyone? puke)

#3 Call Me Teranaye

Call Me Teranaye
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2969
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 1734
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:47 PM

Personally going BM as main and sv as off.mm rotation having aoe and dealing too little damage without lone wolf (don't support entering arena w/o a pet,no sac / ms ) makes it way too clumsy to play.its really hard to get freezing arrows off as well as its kickable and bursting shot bugs a lot.also aimed shot still requiring you to stand still to deal damage.The spec feels really clumsy overall but fun although its actually baffling how people can see it being a viable option right now.Maybe it is in some weird ass comp..who knows.

Edited by Call Me Teranaye, 26 August 2016 - 07:26 PM.

#4 kraakpand

kraakpand
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/0/0/2/././.

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:09 PM

gonna max* BM artifact first, then MM artifact. ill see which spec is better from there or in case of emergency which class to reroll to.

*all traits, not the AP sink which gives 15% dmg done

#5 Mr_RX

Mr_RX
  • Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:13 AM

Personally going BM as main and sv as off.mm rotation having aoe and dealing too little damage without lone wolf (don't support entering arena w/o a pet,no sac / ms ) makes it way too clumsy to play.its really hard to get freezing arrows off as well as its kickable and bursting shot bugs a lot.also aimed shot still requiring you to stand still to deal damage.The spec feels really clumsy overall but fun although its actually baffling how people can see it being a viable option right now.Maybe it is in some weird ass comp..who knows.

Thug and jungle will still be strong, but a bit more carrying from teammates than usual.

But marksman being hard to play was always the attraction, and I'm glad that element is still there. But I agree with you marksman has lost so much and only gained a few things, it feels like we are in a much worst spot than WOD. I'm going to give it a chance before i commit myself to a reroll.

#6 Disperse22

Disperse22
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2104
  • 3v3: 2452
  • RBG: 1727
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2016 - 02:40 PM

SV baby

#7 Telepatico

Telepatico
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1688

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:02 PM

BM is more boring then EVER!!! Srsly. KC and Chimaera on CD and Cobra shot...

SV and MM are so fun (and a quite hard)!!! I'm trying MM and it appears to be viable. You have some CC's brokens, like sidewinders and barrage, but you only have to know when to use it. The worst thing about SV is that you don't have a scape. Basically, you are a mail without self-heal being trained by a warrior or dk, for example, which has more melee damage than you.

MM has low damage?? hahahaha, just do a little test: start a 2s against a (good) MM and leave him alone hitting you. He gonna kill u and ur part faster than a feral would.

#8 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/0/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1623

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:10 PM

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO PICK

SURV

OR

MM

HELPPPP

#9 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO PICK

SURV

OR

MM

HELPPPP

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#10 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

Need some1 with that beta knowledge...

my heart wants to stick with MM >:(

But every1 saying surv is better for pvp

#11 Call Me Teranaye

Call Me Teranaye
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2969
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 1734
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

MM has low damage?? hahahaha, just do a little test: start a 2s against a (good) MM and leave him alone hitting you. He gonna kill u and ur part faster than a feral would.

ok you seem clueless,i said mm does infact have low damage without lonewolf.maybe you're doing your hypothesis based on skirmishes or whatever but i am right.on top of that im assuming you're actually being trained in 3s which doesn't allow you to play as freely in comparison to BM.oh btw your comparison to a feral even shows how clueless you are.
edit oh and u mentioned using chimeara in ur rotation as bm shows more signs of autism.do some research before calling people out on a forum

Edited by Call Me Teranaye, 29 August 2016 - 07:17 PM.

#12 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 29 August 2016 - 07:54 PM

ok you seem clueless,i said mm does infact have low damage without lonewolf.maybe you're doing your hypothesis based on skirmishes or whatever but i am right.on top of that im assuming you're actually being trained in 3s which doesn't allow you to play as freely in comparison to BM.oh btw your comparison to a feral even shows how clueless you are.
edit oh and u mentioned using chimeara in ur rotation as bm shows more signs of autism.do some research before calling people out on a forum

Hey i think im going MM, is it a bad choice???
Feel like i always fucking die in BGs and shit as surv and its pretty boring

#13 Silentlol

Silentlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:51 AM

my heart wants to stick with MM > :(

I've played Beta for a good bit and I honestly like the playstyle of MM. While MM does have high damage, once you get trained it gets a little trickier to sit and cast Aimed shots. You basically rely on Sidewinder procs (Marked Shot), LnL procs and peels from your partners (Thus, I feel rogues will be the best partners). It will also be frustrating trying to get freezing arrow off as it is now a cast time but with the Hunter talents/ PvP talents offer 3 different types of CC makes them a bit better. Personally, I'm gonna start with MM (love bows..) and I find it more enjoyable than Survival. However, later on, I feel Survival with the depth it has will overtime become the best Hunter pvp spec but I could be wrong!!

Edited by Silentlol, 30 August 2016 - 01:55 AM.

#14 Lapeane

Lapeane
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2498
  • 3v3: 2729
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:22 PM

So any one knows which spec will be the best for s ure?? I've played like 3-4 months in WoD and I don't know shit about this game atm, haven't played beta as well. I leveled in MM and it's kinda fun, I love the CC. Scatter :heart: On the other hand I know that you won't cast single Aimed Shot vs double DPS (especially melee sitting on you). Kiting = no damage or like 50% less damage. They should allow to run while casting Aimed Shots but not sure if it would help that much. Survival? I played some on prepatch, boring as fuck idk. BM? Haven't played yet but I heard it has almost 0 CC and brainless 2 buttons damage. Thoughts? Like everything is fucked? :confused:

#15 hardestestclassx

hardestestclassx
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

I haven't played since Wrath and I really hope MM will work in Arena. BM ist the most cancer I've ever touched and I can't get used to Melee Hunter aswell.

#16 Mr_RX

Mr_RX
  • Premium
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

Hey i think im going MM, is it a bad choice???
Feel like i always fucking die in BGs and shit as surv and its pretty boring

So I am a WOD baby thats new to PVP, and as of right now only have a total of 14 hours gameplay on legion, So take this as you will.

But first of all, If you like MM, then play MM, simple as that. This expansion (for pvp at least) has closed the gap more than ever between classes. Gear is mostly irreverent, basically every class was pruned, but most specs now have multiple types of playstyles through talents (some classes obviously have an exception to this rule, BM anyone? MOSTLY PASSIVE WTF BLIZZARD?"

Second of all, Marksmanship are NOT WEAK, however, from what I've noticed, trying to 1v1 almost anyone will result in bad times. Marksmanship hunters seem to be at their peak when they are not being attacked, since we actually do have access to some very nice burst, but it comes at a cost (needing to hard cast, both our aim shots and freezing arrows).

Lastly, Before legion launched, I bagged the SHIT out of marksmen. On the pre-patch i was FURIOUS at blizzard for what they had done to my precious marksman, and i will NEVER PLAY BM. I actually rerolled a druid on the pre-patch. But I decided to give it a chance and use my hunter as a learning curve for grinding the artifact weapon. What I learnt was the artifact weapons actually change the feel of your class/spec significantly, then add on-top of that the pvp talents, and its basically a completely different feel to what was on the pre-patch. I publicly apologize to blizzard, i was wrong (but it was kind of your fault, no public beta at all? seriously??) Marksman is actually really fun and interactive, and still has that steep learning curve to where if you are good, you are GOOD, and if you are average, you are FUCKING TERRIBLE, haha. Which is most of the appeal of marksman right? We all want to prove we are god like with a medium tier spec :D

*** edit **** by the way, ignore that crap to the left hand side that says I'm BM, no matter how many times i update my character sheet in my account settings it just wont show marksmanship, LOL. I really am MM -> https://twitter.com/...524191447584773

#17 Telepatico

Telepatico
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • 2v2: 1688

Posted 31 August 2016 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for your kindly answer. I just said BM is bored as hell, and it is. Oh, and sorry, I forgot the "Chimaera, in case you have".

Of course MM doens't has the easy-damage that BM has. It was always this way and wont change on Legion.

my heart wants to stick with MM > :(

And bro, play with the spec you like the most. Otherwise, the game may begin to be boring and stressing for you. And remember, there will always be the tryhard players, that get 3k rating with the spec you thought was unviable.

I spent ~2 months playing 2s and 3s on beta. And all the specs seems viable, including MM. For me, MM is the funniest by far.

Peace.

#18 Lapeane

Lapeane
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:32 PM

So I am a WOD baby thats new to PVP, and as of right now only have a total of 14 hours gameplay on legion, So take this as you will.

But first of all, If you like MM, then play MM, simple as that. This expansion (for pvp at least) has closed the gap more than ever between classes. Gear is mostly irreverent, basically every class was pruned, but most specs now have multiple types of playstyles through talents (some classes obviously have an exception to this rule, BM anyone? MOSTLY PASSIVE WTF BLIZZARD?"

Biggest bullshit ever, if you are new to pvp stop acting like you know shit. Spec matters and it will matter, trust me. I mean it matters on higher ratings, ofc you can say that on 1500 everything works because you can meet there double naked prot pala that win games...

#19 Silentlol

Silentlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:37 PM

Biggest bullshit ever, if you are new to pvp stop acting like you know shit. Spec matters and it will matter, trust me. I mean it matters on higher ratings, ofc you can say that on 1500 everything works because you can meet there double naked prot pala that win games...

If you want the best spec for sure, it's BM no contest. Unfortunately, it is also the most boring spec to play.

#20 Lapeane

Lapeane
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:59 PM

If you want the best spec for sure, it's BM no contest. Unfortunately, it is also the most boring spec to play.

Yes, I don't like it either but I'd like to play normally instead of being pissed that I lose because I can't stand in one place and cast pushed back aimed shots.. :/ Shit happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<