Photo

Demon hunter talent prefrence

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:26 PM

I was wondering if anyone has tried out talents such as solitude or mana break in arena yet. Looking through he third tier of pvp talents I was wondering if you qued with a ranged dps, if it would be worth it to gain 15% damage and attack speed over the additional 50% dodge chance on your darkness. Also has anyone tried mana break? The only class I can ever seeing going oom enough to work is spell stealing mages, and has anyone tested the damage on it yet?

AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#2 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:36 PM

Mana Break will be insane for comps like DH/Warlock/RSham or similar comps that play for the long game. Detainment is really insane as well though. PoM ''Cyclone/Poly'' on a 10 second cooldown.

Darkness talent is just so insane because it's a team cooldown, not just for yourself. Glimpse is kind of nice if you're -sure- they'll tunnel you all game. Solitude maybe for DH/Hunter/healer where you're just looking to rush something down.

I'm thinking something like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I gtg for a bit but I'll elaborate on some choices when I get back.

Edited by Forumz, 16 August 2016 - 04:36 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:20 PM

Regular Talents

Alright so I've been playing with the Fel Mastery talent and I've really liked the extra fury it gives me. Over the course of a game it's actually a sizeable amount of Fury, so your total damage goes up, but it's also really nice for swapping targets, because you get to swap 1 global earlier (if you're looking to have max-fury before the swap that is), which can make a real difference. Blind Fury for burst potential but getting locked on it really sucks.

Prepared just seems amazing for PvP. A 15 second cooldown disengage with built-in AoE snare + fury generator. I've tried the other two talents as well and they just didn't seem as useful. Demon Blades seems like a pure PvE talent, and though it isn't as RNG as I expected it to be, it's still really awkward in PvP. Demonic Appetite was pretty nice though.

Felblade seems strong. An additional short-range charge to get on top of targets (we seem to have a bit of trouble actually getting close enough to hit someone, I've gotten a lot of ''I can't do that"), generates fury, and deals reasonably high damage with a possible CD reset from Demon's Bite. First Blood also seems really nice however. More damage to the first target hit as well as reducing the cost by more than 50% makes it a really strong option for cleave damage. Bloodlet seems lackluster.

This talent row I'm not too sure about. Netherwalk seems nice, but not being able to attack at all is kind of problematic, as you can't open windows for counterpressure. Desperate Instincts sounds 'meh' the way it's worded. If it doesn't trigger Blur's cooldown then it would be really good, but it does and that sucks when your healer tells you that you're fine, so you don't want to use anything but your passive talent uses it for you. Soul Rending is probably the most reasonable pick but that's once every 5 minutes (and 60% leech in PvP).

I'll be honest and say I'm just going with what other people have said on this row. Fel Eruption seems really sweet to me (another ranged interrupt to break CC windows with), but Nemesis is apparently the way to go.

Unleashed power sounds good, but personally I feel like lacking a reliable snare really hurts DH in PvP and the Master of the Glaive talent should really help with that.

A damage cooldown, which is something DHs don't really have (Metamorphosis is a strong damage increase of course but aside from that). Fel Barrage maybe in burst comps like DH/Mage.

PvP Talents

Gladiator's Medallion. No contest for DH. We're too squishy to go with the other options.

Reinforced Armour vs casters and melee/caster, Sparring vs meleecleaves.

Cover of Darkness for the team utility Imo. The other talents have their place in specific comps or match-ups.

Reverse Magic vs Eye of Leothoras. Both are amazing in their own way. You can dispel your healer out of CC once per minute with RM, which seems incredible, and with Eye of Leothoras you can create counterpressure much more easily.

Rushing Vault seems great. More acrobatics! Pinning Glare is pretty nice as well. Awaken the Demon might be much better than it seems if you're using the Soul Rending talent though.

Mana Break vs Detainment.
Oh boy. These two talents both seem insane. an instant Cyclone-like ability every 10 seconds on Polymorph DR, or a finishing move that closes out long games with ease. I can see both being picked depending on match-ups.

There's some potential for Rain from Above against meleecleaves I suppose.

Edited by Forumz, 16 August 2016 - 05:25 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for the reply. See my spec I prefer is a little different. I like to take the demon within in the 5th tier of pvp talents and take soul rending instead of nether walk. The reason I take these is because if I'm ever getting focused and I drop below 50% I instantly turn demon and leech my way back up more than an affliction lock plus it gives me demon form so I do more damage as I'm getting focused.

Plus nether walk would be okay to grab but it replaces blur so that basically sticks your major defensive cd into you doing no damage and letting the enemy have more time to have higher pressure than you.

I also prefer first blood just for the sole fact of fury cost reduction, the damage increase is just a bonus. If I don't play with first blood I almost feel like I never want to use first blood unless I think I can dodge something because it drains a lot of your energy. I use to play fel eruption until I found the huge burst potential with your artifact ability and nemesis but I want to keep testing fel eruption. Also rain from above isn't that bad if you are playing against melee cleaves.

But also another question, how good do you think eye of Leo I have tried eye of leotharis a couple times but the damage never seems worth it because it seems if I do try to put it on a caster it can fall off real easily.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#5 GhazzyTV

GhazzyTV
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Havoc 0/2/././././.
  • 2v2: 1237
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:38 AM

The EoL is pretty garbage, even more so against good players. imo.
Shamelessly advertising my Life:
http://www.twitch.tv/Ghazzy
http://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
http://www.twitter.com/GhazzyTV

Multi Glad Rogue during TBC/WotlK

#6 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for the reply. See my spec I prefer is a little different. I like to take the demon within in the 5th tier of pvp talents and take soul rending instead of nether walk. The reason I take these is because if I'm ever getting focused and I drop below 50% I instantly turn demon and leech my way back up more than an affliction lock plus it gives me demon form so I do more damage as I'm getting focused.

Plus nether walk would be okay to grab but it replaces blur so that basically sticks your major defensive cd into you doing no damage and letting the enemy have more time to have higher pressure than you.

I also prefer first blood just for the sole fact of fury cost reduction, the damage increase is just a bonus. If I don't play with first blood I almost feel like I never want to use first blood unless I think I can dodge something because it drains a lot of your energy. I use to play fel eruption until I found the huge burst potential with your artifact ability and nemesis but I want to keep testing fel eruption. Also rain from above isn't that bad if you are playing against melee cleaves.

But also another question, how good do you think eye of Leo I have tried eye of leotharis a couple times but the damage never seems worth it because it seems if I do try to put it on a caster it can fall off real easily.

I wrote a lot of stuff man, touched on every talent I'm pretty sure. Not just the highlighted ones.

The EoL is pretty garbage, even more so against good players. imo.

It seems reasonable against casters who need to use a lot of globals to do damage though? (Balance Druid, Affli Lock) And in Affliction's case, they don't have any non-harmful spells?

The 1min cd Dispel is amazing anyway.

Edited by Forumz, 17 August 2016 - 03:54 PM.

Posted Image

#7 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2046
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

Does someone know which order you take artifact talents as DH? These 20% attack power things are confusing to try to think whats the best.

Edited by xogen, 25 August 2016 - 01:16 PM.

#8 Partajere

Partajere
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2227
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

Does someone know which order you take artifact talents as DH? These 20% attack power things are confusing to try to think whats the best.

+1

#9 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:31 PM

I'm thinking something like this:
Posted Image

Edited by Forumz, 25 August 2016 - 08:42 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:47 PM

If spellcleaves are OP then you probably want to stop with the first line at the elite perk, and go for the quick magic resistance route with Demon Speed > Illidari Knowledge, skipping over Demon Rage and Contained Fury for the time being and picking those up after getting the 2nd elite perk.

Edited by Forumz, 25 August 2016 - 08:47 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 04 September 2016 - 06:57 PM

Coming back to this thread after Legion has been out for a few days:

Bloodlet seems much better than I originally thought. The damage is significant, even if you only hit 1 target with it. If you hit multiple, it's amazing. The only downside seems to be that it does nothing if the target has an absorption effect, but this is probably a bug. I have yet to properly try Felblade.

Soul Rending is the best option on the row for sure. Combined with the Metamorphosis triggers we get, you can sustain through scenarios where you'll easily die without it.

Fel Eruption seems really strong.

Master of the Glaive is a very nice, reliable snare.

Demonic seems better than I thought at first. You get a nice boost of damage upon using Eye Beam, and you can use it as an emergency heal if you need to as well.

I'm not high enough on honour ranks yet to make any statements there.

Edited by Forumz, 04 September 2016 - 06:59 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:07 AM

^ Felblade seems really awkward and not even that rewarding. It's basically a better Demon's Bite every 5 seconds or so. It might be nice vs Mages.
Posted Image

#13 GhazzyTV

GhazzyTV
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:26 AM

I'm not sure what to take between Chaos Blades vs Demonic, Eye beam is solid single target DPS with the weapon trait and it gives leech as well as a pretty rad dmg bonus... on the other hand, chaos blades has a 2min CD with significant dmg increase, but then again, mastery was nerfed, right?

#14 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:59 AM

Chaos Blades is a ~12.5% damage increase in arenas. Seems bad for a 2min cd.

200% autoattack damage in chaos damage is really nice though.

Edited by Forumz, 05 September 2016 - 12:13 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:43 PM

And to revise the artifact progression:

I'm going with the faster 2nd elite perk route, but not because casters are strong, rather because the demon's bite perk is complete dogshit.
Posted Image

#16 Cambra

Cambra
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/1/1/2/2/.

Posted 16 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

So far I've been running Nemesis + Chaos Blades on hard switches. I've been running Bloodlet in BGs and Felblade anywhere else because Felblade is ALMOST the same dmg as a chaos strike, and is a generator and a gap closer. The Dmg from bloodlet pads, but it doesn't seem to do much in arena or even in BG's with 2-3 healers. So op In 1v1 though.

Rain from Above is going to be really good vs TSG like teams, basically anything thats meele cleave. It also hits for like 120k Per lance and can surprisingly make for good switches since it's hard to notice you're being hit by fel lance until you're 50% hp and then get switched to, know what i mean?

The reason I love DH is all the shit you can do though. I dont think there is one right way to play. Obviously there is w/ diff comps.

P.S Darkness the 70% AoE dodge for X seconds is super good, but impossible to make work unless you're in skype, so if you're grinding honor levels in random BGS or w/e don't expect anybody to know what it does. BUT, i wonder if it's possible to Shadowmeld +darkness then try and cap? i think dodging might not interrupt the cap, but idk I havent played in forever.

Hopefully this thread gets more discussion because I'd like to see what other people think more in depth, esp once the season starts.

#17 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:48 PM

So far I've been running Nemesis + Chaos Blades on hard switches. I've been running Bloodlet in BGs and Felblade anywhere else because Felblade is ALMOST the same dmg as a chaos strike, and is a generator and a gap closer. The Dmg from bloodlet pads, but it doesn't seem to do much in arena or even in BG's with 2-3 healers. So op In 1v1 though.

Rain from Above is going to be really good vs TSG like teams, basically anything thats meele cleave. It also hits for like 120k Per lance and can surprisingly make for good switches since it's hard to notice you're being hit by fel lance until you're 50% hp and then get switched to, know what i mean?

The reason I love DH is all the shit you can do though. I dont think there is one right way to play. Obviously there is w/ diff comps.

P.S Darkness the 70% AoE dodge for X seconds is super good, but impossible to make work unless you're in skype, so if you're grinding honor levels in random BGS or w/e don't expect anybody to know what it does. BUT, i wonder if it's possible to Shadowmeld +darkness then try and cap? i think dodging might not interrupt the cap, but idk I havent played in forever.

Hopefully this thread gets more discussion because I'd like to see what other people think more in depth, esp once the season starts.

Felblade feels super clunky and is basically nothing more than a slightly better Demon's Bite every few seconds, in my opinion. Bloodlet is AMAZING. The First Blood thing is ''eh'' I'd say. Not particularly amazing, but not bad either.

Nemesis+Chaos Blades definitely seems like the way to go right now, they might make some PvP-specific nerfs to it in the future and if they do I would consider Fel Eruption (it's such a cool spell but it can't compete with 1min duration +20% damage in PvP) and Demonic. Fel Barrage is kinda cool but Idk how good it can really be. It seems similar to the WW Chi Explosion thing which turned out really good for arenas though, so who knows.

RfA vs meleecleaves is an interesting idea, but I don't think we should struggle that much to survive. The 1min cd Cyclone seems much better because you can use it for the same scenario (I'm in trouble and need to relieve pressure from my healer right now) while also being able to use it for other things (My healer is in trouble and he needs help right now / We can kill one of them here if we get just a little more CC on their healer).

Darkness isn't a dodge mechanic, it's an absorb, so abilities still ''land'', they just don't do damage. Can't be used to cap. It's an insane team defensive for arenas though, I don't see the other talents on that tier competing with it ever.

Edited by Forumz, 16 September 2016 - 09:51 PM.

Posted Image

#18 GhazzyTV

GhazzyTV
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:50 PM

@Scoot:

I agree with most of your parts, however, I've felt that Felblade has been amazing for target switching and catching players running by the pillar by VR or FR then combining that with Felblade puts me on the target right on spot. I think Bloodlet is great in all other situations but honestly, so far I'm pushing hard with DH/Spriest/Rsham and being able to stay on target reliably 100% of the time is a big pro compared to Bloodlets damage.

I'm not sure at all if Bloodlet damage is worth the investment compared to the gains of Felblade :/

#19 Divinitum

Divinitum
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 2836
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:41 PM

I like to play the combination of Bloodlet, Momentum and Prepared. You can maintain the buff for really long time especially if you use Blur offensively for the extra 2 charges.  The benefit of Momentum also is that it buffs the damage of ALL Throw Glaive ricochets (as well as Death Sweep, Eye Beam, Fury of the Illidari hits) compared to just those on Nemesis target, resulting in a big Bloodlet bleed on everyone, which happens pretty much always vs melee teams.

You can also add in Fel Barrage and cast it during Momentum along with Throw Glaive, Fury of the Illidari and Eye Beam for melee cleave slaying.

Edited by Divinitum, 22 September 2016 - 12:41 PM.

#20 KraasivaBup

KraasivaBup
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2017 - 04:42 AM

This series is just plain awesome ninja running with funny little helmets a bad guy who looks like some burn up meat what else do you need in this series I love this series and I have Exodus and Kaiju to thank for introducing me to Demon Hunter Mitsurugi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<