• Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 15 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

Introduction: I've put in a really large amount of time into the spec so far, and I've tested pretty much everything I can. From many wargames vs top teams, I'm very confident that as far as 3v3 goes my talent choices and playstyle are the most optimal ones.

Please note that this is again for level 110, and 3v3 oriented. It is not a guide for pre-patch, or dueling or anything else. This is explicitly for competitive arenas, so while builds might be different in pre-patch or duels, they're not what the focus of this guide is.

Anyways, for those interested here we go :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talents for 3v3 and such: https://www.youtube....h?v=bKMjQ3rI-2Y

Damage: Keep up lacerate, WoTM, Explosive Trap on CD. Dump 3+ mongoose bites when healer is in a trap.

Bursting: 2 ways
  • Use fury of the eagle when you're using aspect of the eagle, especially when at 4+ mongoose stacks (fury of the eagle increases duration of mongoose fury as well as doing damage based on it's stacks) - so with AoTE up gives you a chance for you to get more mongoose bites while it's channeling, or if you feel lucky you'll get 6+ then Fury. Next time Fury is back on CD 3+ mongooses>snake hunter>3x mongoose>Fury. You can rotate it like this off CD if you want. OR
  • Be a huge mongo and AoTE>3+ Mongoose>Snake Hunter>3x mongoose>Fury of the eagle>More mongoose bites Potentially. This kills your opportunity for the consistent potential burst windows of #1, but it's also a guaranteed kill if you've held onto your burst CDs and forced defensives with just clean CC chains, letting your partners burst, and just doing burst with explosive traps and 3x mongooses to force stuff.
General List of dps kill targets not including healers:
  • Best kill targets: Warlocks and Spriests
  • Good Kill targets: Boomkins, Frost Mages, any wizard besides Fire
  • OK kill targets: Fire Mages, other Hunters (any spec), DKs
  • Bad Kill targets: Melee especially DHs]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of those options are just based on who you get the most uptime on. Uptime is extremely important for you as a Survival hunter due to mongoose bite stacking. However, sometimes you'll have to kill less than optimal kill targets and that's ok - this is more of a general rule. I.e if it's a DH warrior melee cleave and you have a rogue on your team it's best to go for the DH since the stuns will make them easier for you to kill. Just keep up scorpid sting on both the melee, and try to mainly get kills with explosive traps - Mongoose bites will mostly get dodged unless you do all your damage dumps in stuns (obviously dump mongoose bites in stuns).

Try not to burst when you'll potentially have to run away because of how mongoose dumping works (obvious). Don't start bursting when you can get CC'd, try to be patient and wait for yourself to be DRd/their whole team is Cross CC'd.

Patience is the most important thing as SV hunter.

MOST IMPORTANT THING DON'T EVER FORGET IT!!!!!!: Wizards r nice to fight, melee r cancer to fight.

Edited by Dills, 15 August 2016 - 07:50 PM.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#2 Telepatico

Telepatico
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1688

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

Aren't you using the Grenade? When do you think it's the best time to use FS? I was thinking right after the first moongose, because it has the chance to recharge the bite that was just spent.

And, do you really prefer WoTM than the axes? I didnt play the beta yet (not enough disk space T_T), but on pre-patch it is hitting hard. So useful when you are out of bites and FS its on cd.

Thanks!! Great job! :-)!!

#3 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

FS is rarely useful atm - I very rarely if ever use it honestly - I mostly just wait for 3 stacks of mongoose and burst with those and then an explosive trap. Otherwise when I actually have CDs up it's never necessary for me to use it honestly.

Pre-patch wotm isn't good and axes are wayyy better, but things are a lot different at 110 with a fully leveled artifact weapon which is why I feel it's so strong.

Overall serpent sting I feel is better than DFG at 110 since it's way more overall damage, and it helps fill the windows where you don't have burst. You already have good enough damage in your burst windows with explosive traps, lacerates up and 3+ mongooses with WoTM so grenade isn't too necessary.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#4 Telepatico

Telepatico
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1688

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

FS is rarely useful atm - I very rarely if ever use it honestly - I mostly just wait for 3 stacks of mongoose and burst with those and then an explosive trap. Otherwise when I actually have CDs up it's never necessary for me to use it honestly.

Pre-patch wotm isn't good and axes are wayyy better, but things are a lot different at 110 with a fully leveled artifact weapon which is why I feel it's so strong.

Overall serpent sting I feel is better than DFG at 110 since it's way more overall damage, and it helps fill the windows where you don't have burst. You already have good enough damage in your burst windows with explosive traps, lacerates up and 3+ mongooses with WoTM so grenade isn't too necessary.

Ty for the reply xD! Got it!

#5 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:14 PM

Thanks for the work you put into this. Too much bullshitting on this spec atm in my opinion as it is really enjoyable in fact.

About the 4th pvp Talent Tier. I can understand that scorpid sting might be the way to go against melee cleaves but for everything else viper sting should be the top pick, shouldnt it?

Does it accumulate with the Pets MS effect?
Killin' shit since 2004.

#6 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:27 PM

So when I'm shaving my pubic area am I supposed to go with or against the grain?

#7 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:06 AM

So when I'm shaving my pubic area am I supposed to go with or against the grain?

be careful when you go against it. Ingrown hair down there is nasty bra.
Killin' shit since 2004.

#8 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 August 2016 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for the work you put into this. Too much bullshitting on this spec atm in my opinion as it is really enjoyable in fact.

About the 4th pvp Talent Tier. I can understand that scorpid sting might be the way to go against melee cleaves but for everything else viper sting should be the top pick, shouldnt it?

Does it accumulate with the Pets MS effect?

Viper sting is good when you're soley training a healer (or can be vs shadowpriests if you don't have a lot of lockdown on your team) because it reduces healing done, not healing received. It has to be raptor strikes on a healer, and since you can't just always tunnel a healer as SV and mostly you want to hit DPS it's not always that great.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<