• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/2/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 2968
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1573
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:23 AM

Hey guys, after playing a lot of MM on the beta with all the PvP talents and what not I actually found MM to be a really fun and pretty effective spec. In this video I detail the talents Im using, the playstyle I think works best for MM, and just some general commentary on the spec. Check it out if you're interested, you might be surprised since MM has been written off by alot of people!
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#2 Gimotqt

Gimotqt
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

ye sidewinders+patient makes this spec valuable and fun

for tier1 i would rather swap between lone wolf and careful aim - do we rly need extra focus(steady focus) if sidewinders is like huge focus regen ability? also initiation+careful aimd could work great together and its like we have to press sidewinders anyway to get patient sniper so focus regen would just be a waste for me .. overall i think its always better to play lone wolf unless u rly need mortal wounds(teamwise)

for cc tier(both pve and pvp ones) i think it all depends on comps u are playing to get better cc(drs) chains/easier to land(for example if there is like rshamy double melee u basically cant cast frozen arrow)

for tier2pvp i think everything might be ok i prefer quickshots tho because i m kinda haste freak :P and once they figureout about ur dmg they wont allow u to get focused fire, and initiation is like - ok ill get theirs 20% in matter of seconds anyway but ye it might work

mm also does a lot of aoe dmg so numbers at the end of the match are high because all ur traits procs/markedshots/sidewinders do aoe dmg especially in matchup with a lot of pets

what i dont like about mm is that if u get trained by 2 melees u are generally fucked otherwise we pump tons of dmg:P

#3 Drakkur

Drakkur
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/1/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1338
  • 3v3: 1867
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1146

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:56 AM

I agree with what you said except your opening rotation. Optimal opening should be Barrage -> Sidewinders -> AS -> MS. The reason for this is:
1) Barrage, even used correctly sometimes screws you in CC breaks, so by using this in your opener (when you are not playing thug with a sap) you won't be chancing a CC break and still getting the damage off.
2) I've never not gotten a Marking Proc after using Barrage. I don't know why but every time I use Barrage, I have a Mark proc ready for SW that allows my opening rotation to hit incredibly hard.

You can also open with WB -> Aimed -> (Hope for a marking proc) to start the correct rotation

The only other thing I would add is that LnL should be taken when you are not playing with a Spriest or Lock. Without dispel protection BA is meh, decent healers will dispel on CD and since it doesn't have the old reset on dispel mechanic or anything else attached to it like the old LnL it just isn't that good. It does the damage of a Vuln boosted AS.

MM is by far my favorite spec and have been playing the hell out of it on beta. If melee get some tuning then Scatterplay and HLS will be incredibly viable as MM.

Anyway, good job, hopefully this helps people not just cheese BM.

#4 Disperse22

Disperse22
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2104
  • 3v3: 2452
  • RBG: 1727
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

Your content is getting even better nice

#5 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

I agree with what you said except your opening rotation. Optimal opening should be Barrage -> Sidewinders -> AS -> MS. The reason for this is:
1) Barrage, even used correctly sometimes screws you in CC breaks, so by using this in your opener (when you are not playing thug with a sap) you won't be chancing a CC break and still getting the damage off.
2) I've never not gotten a Marking Proc after using Barrage. I don't know why but every time I use Barrage, I have a Mark proc ready for SW that allows my opening rotation to hit incredibly hard.

You can also open with WB -> Aimed -> (Hope for a marking proc) to start the correct rotation

The only other thing I would add is that LnL should be taken when you are not playing with a Spriest or Lock. Without dispel protection BA is meh, decent healers will dispel on CD and since it doesn't have the old reset on dispel mechanic or anything else attached to it like the old LnL it just isn't that good. It does the damage of a Vuln boosted AS.

MM is by far my favorite spec and have been playing the hell out of it on beta. If melee get some tuning then Scatterplay and HLS will be incredibly viable as MM.

Anyway, good job, hopefully this helps people not just cheese BM.

Yeah good input, pretty much the only things this needs - lnl is great and also the rotation info definitely seems more accurate as well. Overall though still a useful video.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#6 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:20 PM

Sweet vid. What comps do you think are going to be good for hunters and what healers have you leaned towards? I played a couple games against you in beta and saw you were running with a feral. You think jungle cleave is still going to be viable?
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#7 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/2/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 2968
  • RBG: 1573
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:04 AM

Sweet vid. What comps do you think are going to be good for hunters and what healers have you leaned towards? I played a couple games against you in beta and saw you were running with a feral. You think jungle cleave is still going to be viable?

So far Rsham just seems to be the best healer flat out, if they don't make changes Id pretty much always wanna be playing with an rsham unless you're facing a lot of cleave palies might be worth it for the bop and such. In terms of comps, for MM I think thug and jungle will be viable for sure. Anything that can stun and setup kills will be great since it will give you a chance to cast aimed shots. I was also playing with a DH and did pretty well.
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#8 gravyrainbow

gravyrainbow
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/0/1/2/1/1
  • 3v3: 1645

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:15 AM

Just to play devil's advocate briefly--- BA will actually do about 30-40% more damage than a vulnerability boosted AS if the minion it summons has 100% uptime (not guaranteed, I know). Testing on a target dummy with a fresh character on the pvp realm, vuln+AS was about 145k damage, BA was about 135k from the DoT and 65k from the summoned minion melee attacks. That being said, the dispel issue is real and I'd probably pick LnL as well if only for the easier sting application.

Also, haven't had a chance to play any games as MM yet, is it viable to take viper sting and just train a healer? I know Glink had mentioned in his BM video that it was viable with that spec. The combination of MS+viper sting is roughly like 50% less healing on the healer... it just seems like if you play with a high pressure melee you'd just be able to turn a healer's butthole into putty with just moderate control on the dps.

#9 Saccs

Saccs
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 2080
  • 3v3: 1857
  • RBG: 1887

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for the videos, they have been a great help.

Looks like one of my partners is going DK. Seems as though MM/DK would be pretty strong as well as DK/BM. Any particular advantages with either spec? Our healer will probably play Disc. Seems like we're all playing underwhelming classes but it is what it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<