gravyrainbow
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/0/1/2/1/1
  • 3v3: 1645

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:24 AM

Saw this on altered time, didn't know if anyone here has tried it yet (just recently started testing, maybe I'm late to the party)--- they call it shatterspiking, and it's a method you can use to shatter both glacial spike and ebonbolt (also deep shattered frostbolts). In short, you end up casting GS or EB with an active brainfreeze proc, casting flurry, and shimmering TOWARDS the target so that you overtake your GS or EB projectile and your first flurry bolt strikes the target before the EB or GS does and applies winter's chill, thereby shattering the GS/EB.

In slightly longer form:
  • Get brainfreeze proc.
  • Cast EB/GS.
  • Immediately cast flurry using the brainfreeze proc.
  • Immediately shimmer towards the target.
  • When the first flurry bolt launches, you are closer to your target than you were when you cast EB/GS.
  • Flurry lands, winter's chill applied.
  • GS/EB lands, shatters, subsequent flurry bolts land.
  • Bask in the glory and admiration of your peers.
http://imgur.com/a/7iuGe

#2 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 13 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

• Immediately cast flurry using the brainfreeze proc.
  • Immediately shimmer towards the target.

those two bullet points are the wrong way round

also this is slightly less useful in pvp, since targets are not immune to freeze effects, so you can use frost nova/pet freeze/ice nova to shatter gs/ebon bolt already :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 13 August 2016 - 10:09 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#3 OzCymru

OzCymru
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2146
  • RBG: 1609

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:07 PM

I'd think the biggest use for this would be with Deep Shatter. In earlier builds I was able to do this with Frostbolts but I can't seem to get it to work now. Is it just EU latency to beta messing me up and can anyone else get it to work?

#4 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:11 PM

Is it just EU latency to beta messing me up

yes

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#5 OzCymru

OzCymru
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Earthen Ring
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2146
  • RBG: 1609

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

With some more practice I can reliably get Flurry to land before Frostbolt yet I never get the Deep Shatter bonus.

#6 gravyrainbow

gravyrainbow
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:24 PM

those two bullet points are the wrong way round

also this is slightly less useful in pvp, since targets are not immune to freeze effects, so you can use frost nova/pet freeze/ice nova to shatter gs/ebon bolt already :)

I've been doing it exactly in the order listed--- maybe those two steps are interchangeable? You want the flurry to begin casting, because the first bolt doesn't launch instantly, if you do it in the order listed the first bolt will launch as soon as you come out of shimmer.

You're right, it's not as useful in PVP as in PVE, but it does give you a little more flexibility in casting GS/EB or in using FN/freeze/ice nova (peels, etc). To me, the bigger issue is that you have to take shimmer to make it work, meaning it will likely only ever be useful vs. caster cleaves.

#7 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:05 AM

feelsgood man

#8 gravyrainbow

gravyrainbow
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

With some more practice I can reliably get Flurry to land before Frostbolt yet I never get the Deep Shatter bonus.

Just tested in beta in duels, frostbolt/GS/ebonbolt definitely benefit from normal shatter using this method (8 crits in my sample size of 10 at least), however, it is definitely NOT benefiting from deep shatter. I'm going to write this up on the forums, since it seems like a clear cut bug (read as written frostbolt should definitely deep shatter off of the winter's chill effect from flurry).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<