• EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

Because this forum is pretty empty as it stands right now.

Glide-hop
I don't know what else I'd call it. This is the most accurate name I can think of for this technique. It involves the use of the Glide ability, as the name would suggest.

Posted Image

You may have noticed you gain a bit of speed when you activate Glide. This speed increase is what's interesting to us. If you can trigger the speed increase without having to be airborne, that would be really useful for sticking to our targets.

While it says you activate it with the jump key, that's not the only way. You can also keybind it like a normal ability. You have to be falling to use it. This is where I found a (presumably) unintended use of the ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ext8aFATK6g

So on the left you can see the normal walking speed, and on the right I'm using Glide-hops. Clearly, the one on the right is faster. By about a second, actually. A pretty significant speed increase for the short distance.

How does this work?
It only requires a bit of timing on your end. When you jump, you will ''fall'' for a moment. For whatever reason, this ''falling'' state doesn't end right as you hit the ground, but persists for a few frames after landing. If you toggle Glide at this precise moment, your character will hop forward at a higher speed than normal.

This can be useful if you want to move around fast without using your Fel Rush or Vengeful Retreat charges (or if you simply don't have any!). The direction of the Glide-hop is determined by your camera position. Use it to quickly hop out of LoS with pillars, Out of AoE effects or Ground-targeted CCs, or simply to catch up to your target!

Thanks for reading, and feel free to post your own insights on this or other DH abilities!

Edited by Forumz, 11 August 2016 - 05:49 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Scarkx

Scarkx
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 766
  • LocationAlone in the Dark

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:12 PM

So you main a DH, does this means we have no hope for DKs in this expansion anymore ?

Sorry for the off-topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<