Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:09. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Which player(s) did you look up to?

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#21 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:16 PM

Voltariux, he made me want to play monk. Lord of all monks

Hey! I also made a Monk out of Voltariux hyping me haha! I definitely didn't expect to see that one!

EDIT: I forgot to put that on the list. I will edit it out later.

Edited by Hollowinside, 11 August 2016 - 05:17 PM.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#22 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:21 PM

thanks alot dude, i seen your rating go from something like 2.2 to 2.7 the past season, keep it up.

In early mop i always looked up to cdew+flubbah because they were the ones i could learn from, later mop came and i feel sorry for loony because i bombarded him with questions and what not, looking up to him and still to this day i think hes the best healer in the game and he deserves alot more credit than he gets, considerably worse but more "famous" healers get alot of credit compared to him

I also look up to some players like zunni who are just insanely smart and easy to play/fit in with that have played at the top throughout many xpacs

edit: ive always looked up to lagyna because hes 1 of my oldest friends and id be nothing wihtout him, he deserves alot of respect

Edited by Xonika, 13 August 2016 - 02:22 AM.

#23 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:30 PM

Thanks = )

For me it would be Loony, Bloodx before I got to know him, Evleh, Daanzka etc

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#24 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:35 PM

thanks alot dude, i seen your rating go from something like 2.2 to 2.7 the past season, keep it up.

In early mop i always looked up to cdew because he was the only 1 i could learn from, later mop came and i feel sorry for loony because i bombarded him with questions and what not, looking up to him and still to this day i think hes the best healer in the game and he deserves alot more credit than he gets, considerably worse but more "famous" healers get alot of credit compared to him

Hey there! Thanks as well!

I actually don't know if you remember this, but I once made an alt to whisper you on your Shaman asking you if I could add you to my friend's list for a brief period of time so that I could ask you some questions about Holy Pala (was back in end of S14 MoP). You kindly accepted and replied to each one of them! Of course, later on you removed me because after all that was the deal. After that I never really got a chance to thank you. So now even if it's years later, thank you so much for that! :) And for your patience, because I was also non-stop nuking you with hundreds of questions like:

''SPIRIT OR CRIT?''
''WHAT DO I DO AS HPALA JUNGLE VS x COMP??''
''WHAT TALENTS ARE BEST VS X2 WIZARDS?''
''HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH LSD??!?!?!''

Thinking back, I now see why I got removed! xD

And yeah, I also agree on Loony. I have seen him making very good plays in tournaments.
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#25 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:40 PM

The only PvP video i watched and enjoy was during TBC, "Fury of the light", or some name like that, by Deadlyblonde, and made me switch from ret paladin (For the short story, i stop playing SP in TBC because the SL/SL makes me puke, so i create a... ret paladin... yep.) to shockadin (40/0/21) in season 2/3.

I never watched PvP video at all, i always thought they were boring and usually too serious in "I want to show my talents". The PvE one, the "RP" one like all the video from Jack in Vanilla, or the Paragon world first are more fun in my eyes (and the music is better), and gave me dreams of something i couldn't achieve (Because of my casual game time in Vanilla, and game time was the main criteria of our achievement back then.).

The only player i "look" up to was my mate during end of Wotlk / all Cata / First seasons of MoP, his name was Yurnero, completly unknown, but clearly the best player i've ever play with, he played enhancement shaman perfectly (When it was not the Fotm class), he has a perfect vision of the game, he was chill and friendly, and didn't rage at all. His only problem was he didn't like "high rated" arenas because it was too much mental pressure for him, so he didn't find them fun. We met in real life, and he became a real close friend, and even more like a brother to me.

He is the only person in game i looked up to. All the others one i play with or met in game can die in a plane crash, i will not be affected at all. Not him.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 11 August 2016 - 05:41 PM.

Posted Image

#26 fresh_

fresh_
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 1624

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

vanguardy and yunex
www.twitch.tv/fresh_gg

#27 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

Hey there! Thanks as well!

I actually don't know if you remember this, but I once made an alt to whisper you on your Shaman asking you if I could add you to my friend's list for a brief period of time so that I could ask you some questions about Holy Pala (was back in end of S14 MoP). You kindly accepted and replied to each one of them! Of course, later on you removed me because after all that was the deal. After that I never really got a chance to thank you. So now even if it's years later, thank you so much for that! :) And for your patience, because I was also non-stop nuking you with hundreds of questions like:

''SPIRIT OR CRIT?''
''WHAT DO I DO AS HPALA JUNGLE VS x COMP??''
''WHAT TALENTS ARE BEST VS X2 WIZARDS?''
''HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH LSD??!?!?!''

Thinking back, I now see why I got removed! xD

And yeah, I also agree on Loony. I have seen him making very good plays in tournaments.

glad i could help, means alot :) feel free to /w in the future

Edited by Xonika, 11 August 2016 - 05:51 PM.

#28 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:51 PM

The only PvP video i watched and enjoy was during TBC, "Fury of the light", or some name like that, by Deadlyblonde, and made me switch from ret paladin (For the short story, i stop playing SP in TBC because the SL/SL makes me puke, so i create a... ret paladin... yep.) to shockadin (40/0/21) in season 2/3.

I never watched PvP video at all, i always thought they were boring and usually too serious in "I want to show my talents". The PvE one, the "RP" one like all the video from Jack in Vanilla, or the Paragon world first are more fun in my eyes (and the music is better), and gave me dreams of something i couldn't achieve (Because of my casual game time in Vanilla, and game time was the main criteria of our achievement back then.).

The only player i "look" up to was my mate during end of Wotlk / all Cata / First seasons of MoP, his name was Yurnero, completly unknown, but clearly the best player i've ever play with, he played enhancement shaman perfectly (When it was not the Fotm class), he has a perfect vision of the game, he was chill and friendly, and didn't rage at all. His only problem was he didn't like "high rated" arenas because it was too much mental pressure for him, so he didn't find them fun. We met in real life, and he became a real close friend, and even more like a brother to me.

He is the only person in game i looked up to. All the others one i play with or met in game can die in a plane crash, i will not be affected at all. Not him.

That got really dark at the end...wow! :eek:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#29 Yesliferx

Yesliferx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1515
  • 3v3: 1849
  • RBG: 960

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

In vanilla, Clazzi.

Mostly I enjoyed when people introduced new moves/tactics, e.g. Celex fake evocation :ph34r:
Posted Image

Three econometricians went out hunting, and came across a large deer. The first econometrician fired, but missed, by a meter to the left. The second econometrician fired, but also missed, by a meter to the right. The third econometrician didn't fire, but shouted in triumph, "We got it! We got it!"

#30 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:55 PM

btw i mentioned people that i respected for their attitudes/mindsets right

its kinda pointless to name them since they were just teammates or rivals (none of them are known players), but i've always looked up to people who had that cold, focused and calculated mindset. you know those motherfuckers that play like stone cold killers completely devoid of emotion? i was always jealous of that shit, as my own play and decision making would crumble under pressure often and was just overall inconsistent compared to theirs

then there's people that are always excited about the game and gameplay itself, so their decision making remains good under all conditions and they keep looking and finding good (sometimes winning) plays even in the worst matches. i was always jealous of that shit too, as i'd often tilt after fucking up and do a whole streak of dumb shit which cost me a ton of games (my own attitude was super shit so i'd just give up in less-than-perfect games)

idk maybe it's just me and my struggles specifically, but that's something i looked up to and tried to 'pick up' from other people a lot. i'd observe or talk to better players than me, trying to figure out how their mind works and shit, i knew it wasn't just about the gameplay
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#31 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:57 PM

So many people... Back when high profile pvpers were known for their videos. Streaming has kind of diminished the novelty of it because high profile players don't necessarily have to be that good now ie bajheera etc.

In BC it was definitely Neilyo for me. He was doing next level shit like vanishing death coils which was unthinkable when I first saw it... Of course I wasn't that good of a player then, but it was flashy and impressive at the very least. Sonydigital and sodah were crazy good too.

In wotlk there are more than I can count, but the two that come to mind right away were Uck and Hoodrych.

Edited by Filthpig, 11 August 2016 - 06:00 PM.

#32 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

btw i mentioned people that i respected for their attitudes/mindsets right

its kinda pointless to name them since they were just teammates or rivals (none of them are known players), but i've always looked up to people who had that cold, focused and calculated mindset. you know those motherfuckers that play like stone cold killers completely devoid of emotion? i was always jealous of that shit, as my own play and decision making would crumble under pressure often and was just overall inconsistent compared to theirs

then there's people that are always excited about the game and gameplay itself, so their decision making remains good under all conditions and they keep looking and finding good (sometimes winning) plays even in the worst matches. i was always jealous of that shit too, as i'd often tilt after fucking up and do a whole streak of dumb shit which cost me a ton of games (my own attitude was super shit so i'd just give up in less-than-perfect games)

idk maybe it's just me and my struggles specifically, but that's something i looked up to and tried to 'pick up' from other people a lot

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think I was getting similar vibes from an old rank 1 Ret called Catastrøphix or something. I never played with him of course, only against him in the past, but he seemed to be sort of that stone cold guy which you are describing. He knew exactly what to do, he was very offensive, and he was always reading my next moves and had me where he wanted to, in terms of situations.

Truth is, I don't always know what to do and when I don't have a ''studied plan'' I also tend to ''panic'', which is one of my biggest minuses as well. So when I suddenly feel pressured out of something I had not seen or thought could happen I tend to lose myself a bit.

#33 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

In vanilla, Clazzi.

Mostly I enjoyed when people introduced new moves/tactics, e.g. Celex fake evocation :ph34r:

i remember clazzi lol

#34 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:05 PM

So many people... Back when high profile pvpers were known for their videos. Streaming has kind of diminished the novelty of it because high profile players don't necessarily have to be that good now ie bajheera etc.

In BC it was definitely Neilyo for me. He was doing next level shit like vanishing death coils which was unthinkable when I first saw it... Of course I wasn't that good of a player then, but it was flashy and impressive at the very least. Sonydigital and sodah were crazy good too.

In wotlk there are more than I can count, but the two that come to mind right away were Uck and Hoodrych.

Geforce for TBC, Hoodrych for WotLK. Geforce (given that time's standards) was actually a god I think. Compared to other average warriors.

EDIT: As you were speaking of SonyDigital, take a look at what appeared in my recommended Youtube list!

https://www.youtube....h?v=4RqRLA6eWo0

Get ready for some nostalgia though. Stance dancing, Throwdown, Charge + Intervene, etc.

Edited by Hollowinside, 11 August 2016 - 06:09 PM.

#35 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think I was getting similar vibes from an old rank 1 Ret called Catastrøphix or something. I never played with him of course, only against him in the past, but he seemed to be sort of that stone cold guy which you are describing. He knew exactly what to do, he was very offensive, and he was always reading my next moves and had me where he wanted to, in terms of situations.

Truth is, I don't always know what to do and when I don't have a ''studied plan'' I also tend to ''panic'', which is one of my biggest minuses as well. So when I suddenly feel pressured out of something I had not seen or thought could happen I tend to lose myself a bit.

when i look back at how i played wow i realize my attitude and mindsets were complete and utter shit. like i honestly don't even know why it worked, probably because there was very few good players at the time. i had basically no learning/improvement discipline at all

what changed everything for me was playing a 1v1 discipline/game instead. it's much more sensitive to your ability to control your mood, and it really makes you realize that victory often goes not to the able, but to the ambitious

#36 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:20 PM

Avengelyne (who has helped me out a bunch by answering all of my Ret questions! <3) and met Elypsia in-game. I guess any rating I managed to achieve as Ret is all due to them. Thank you, every one of you.

<3

All the others one i play with or met in game can die in a plane crash, i will not be affected at all.

LOL

edit: Looked up to Zilea/Valrath's team back in WotLK. Blizzcon winners on my BG back in the day (Stormstrike) was pretty good motivation to get better at the game.

Edited by Avengelyne, 11 August 2016 - 07:19 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#37 Agnosis

Agnosis
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1453
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1654
  • RBG: 1570

Posted 11 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

Hydra...obviously. Watching his movies in tbc made arena feel truly magical.

But the one person that ignited the most intense awe and admiration is definitely the hpala in the korean phd who won blizzcon vs all the scummy spellcleave overlords in cata. Being pioneers of positioning and using the map to their advantage, they are by far the most worthy blizzcon champions imo.

#38 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:03 PM

My first idols were Caal, Azurewrath and Agnos from season 1. All really nice guys and answered all my questions about getting into arena.

I also thought Another was really amazing.

#39 Maxish

Maxish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1665
  • 3v3: 2975
  • RBG: 1682

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:04 PM

vileroze, besides being so fucking good all that and he made incredible videos.

more notably, he also refused to go to regionals since he couldn't do it anonymously, didn't want his future employers to be able to link him to wow

edit: oh and båten aka doggevonpvp for sickest lifestyle

Edited by Maxish, 12 August 2016 - 01:22 AM.

Posted Image

#40 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

Snutz and Hoodrych.