• EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 2170
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1553

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:10 AM

I wanna talk about shadow priests for 3v3 in Legion.
I'll start with PVP Talents, Normal Talents, Comps and also some general gameplay guidelines and ALSO a strange bug I found. I reported it but chances are they won't fix it rofl.

1. PVP Talents
Posted Image

1. - Medallion seems the best overall still

2. -Mind Quickness since Haste seems to be our best secondary stat

3. -I think all 3 are very viable in 3v3 here depending on what you face. I'd say Pure Shadow is going to see the most play and should be baseline, but I would go Fleeting Embrace vs dot cleaves since it heals SO much and you can pretty much line it up with every Void form.
Void Shield offers the most self healing overall but I don't see it as good as the other options in 3v3.

4. -Void Origins is what I'll go for but I am definitely going to spec Driven to MadnessT vs Dot
cleaves. It makes a huge difference.

5. -Shadow Mania seems the only viable choice for arena to me. Mind Blast has too low damage to make Psychic Link worth it imo, even with the insatnt procs. Not 100% sure.

6. -Void Shift FeelsGoodMan. Psyfiend has 10 hp and Last word DR's with other silence. Void Shift is game breaking , so obvious choice for 3v3.

2. Normal Talents

Posted Image

1. -Shadow word:Void gives you more control over your Insanity though ToF is pretty massive when it comes to executes. Note that it procs only from Damage dealt and not damage or healing, but it does increase both. Not 100% sure here but SW:Void seems nice.

2. -Body and Soul is our only mobility. It's nice in 3v3.

3. -Mind Bomb looks better than fear for a number of reasons: You don't need to be in a 8yd range to do it (which you be hard with the low mobility); You can use it to set up a fear or a polymorph or even a Mind Control; Mind Control now shares DR with Fears.

4. -You can do some really nice damage with Void Lord but the Insanity generation from Reaper of Souls makes it much better imo.

5. -Again, all 3 seem pretty OK but Shadowy Insight gives you the most Insanity overall. Sometimes I pick San'layn since it makes you deal the most Damage+Healing on the scoreboard and it's really nice vs DoT cleaves when you play Fleeting Embrace.

6. -All 3 seem good. (having choices feels weird but nice). I like Shadow Crash a bit more than Mindbender since it's more Insanity on demand which you can use either to hit Voidform, stay in Voidform longer, stop drinks, get rogues out (you need mad aiming skills and the rogue to play on min settings) and the damage is actually really good if you hit multiple targets (Protip-Vamp Embrace before you shadow crash on a Demo warlock and his 10 pets for some sick aoe heals). Mind Bender is better at keeping you in Voidform longer.

7. -Mind Spike does some really good damage and StM is maybe the best talent for PvP.... JK Legacy of the Void is the only talent I see in this tier. (Mind Spike sucks and you can't even spec StM in arena)

3. Comps
I'll need some help here since I haven't tried out many comps.

Shadow/Affliction/Resto Shaman looks the best thanks to the insane pressure, good synergy with mind bomb>Fear>Sielnce>hex and warlock decent peels.

Shadow/Demo/Resto Shaman pretty much the same, except the Demo lock has way better peels but less spread damage.

That's all I got here. Basically go with Warlocks and Resto shamans since they are the best classes in the game atm 8D

4. BASIC Gameplay

You want to DoT everything, get into Voidform and refresh your DoTs using Void Bolt. Use shadow word:Void to stay in Voidform longer.
Look for CC opportunities on healers before you hit Voidform.
You can use Mind Bomb on DPS before you use your big Void Torrent.
If you're not getting trained, Shadow Mend is probably the best off-heal in the game and I still see people not using Mind Control enough to peel.
Mind Control doesn't disconnect you anymore so #believe.

5. Prommised bug XD

I made a short video about it here:
https://www.youtube....h?v=-cQ_Q6xF5kU

-"Ain't no1 got time for that!"
-OK, TL;DW: If 2 priests void torrent eachother, GG you broke the game.

6. Race?

-Probably Human is still the best.
-Go Undead for bonus sexy points and Touch of the Grave is pretty JUICY actually.
-Troll does the most damage in PvE probably. Goblin is also nice cause of the 1% haste. (do they even still have that?)
-Dorf might be op if ferals and assa rogues take off, idk.

Panda master race

Edited by Anboniwow, 02 August 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#2 Disperse22

Disperse22
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2104
  • 3v3: 2452
  • RBG: 1727
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

Goblin is nice because of the Leap I would think lol.

I'd say on Horde: Goblin, Troll/Undead

Alliance: Human

#3 Anboniwow

Anboniwow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:17 AM

Been trying out ToF more lately and it kinda feels better than SW:Void.
A lot of time I have other things to do that pressing SW:Void but then again there are moments I wish I had it.
ToF is scary damage when you combine it with the extra 20% dmg of Voidform and you 2x sw:Death into Voidbolt.

#4 Anboniwow

Anboniwow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

Goblin is nice because of the Leap I would think lol.

I'd say on Horde: Goblin, Troll/Undead

Alliance: Human

Would be nice if we could have orc priests. I think stuns hurt us a lot :/

#5 Anboniwow

Anboniwow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

It's FeelsBadMan to be the only person posting feedback here but it looks like some people are checking it out so I'll keep doing it.

Lately I've been trying a different build and it seems much better than what I posted before. (again this is just 3v3)

I take Driven to Madness instead of Void Origins in the PVP talents. I also play Twist of Fate and San'layn.
I feel like you don't need the extra Insanity generation from SW:Void or Shadowy Insight if you play Driven to Madness and having Void Eruption as a cast is a little annoying but it's not that big of a deal really.
San'layn is huge as VT is ~35-40% of your total damage done, and ToF makes 2x SW:Death and Void Bolt actually kill people.

Since most comps will go for you, this build will generate more insanity to get into voidform faster, you stay in voidform longer and your execute is actually scary. Even if you don't kill anything with the SW:Death, it's still 20% more damage on your dots so even more pressure.

#6 swipsman

swipsman
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/2

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:36 PM

Okay, I haven't read any of your post so I apologise if I'll ask a question about something that's been asnwered; earlier today I played some 3v3 skirmish and we played vs. shadow priest, warrior and resto shama, at one point we killed the priest but then he "reincarnated", what's that all about? Never seen this before

Here's the vid: https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be Fast forward to 1:12

Edited by swipsman, 08 August 2016 - 10:42 PM.

#7 Niezeremake

Niezeremake
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:54 PM

I guess the Ress totem shamans has also works on teammates? its a totem which makes shaman able to come back to life if he dies while the totem is up, probably same for teammates.
[Shear]: tell Nieze to never speak shit when im legit

#8 swipsman

swipsman
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/2

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:41 AM

ROFL.... I had no idea about that, I was even messing around when the priest died, alt tabbing and shiz, and I come back and see I'm dead... get wrecked, well deserved LOL :priest:

#9 Disperse22

Disperse22
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:54 AM

Anboni, have you tried playing with Shadow crash and mind bomb together? I noticed a lot of people saying Mind Bomb sucks compared to fear, but if you are with a class that has no aoe stun ...such as a mage or UA warlock, I believe it is better than fear.

For healers you can silence into mindbomb, and they can't dispel mind bomb stun if you do it in that order. It lasts as long as fear, without making them go into Africa, which can be bad or good.

#10 Anboniwow

Anboniwow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:01 AM

Yeah, in my first post I said that I think Mind Bomb is overall better than fear in most comps.
I might play fear in SP/warror/X since I could probably get a fear out of stormbolt.

#11 KaelenaXOXO

KaelenaXOXO
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1952
  • 3v3: 2212
  • RBG: 1729
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:23 AM

Rogue/SP/RShaman feels really strong too. Though, I'm looking to play SP/Aff/Rshaman and so my build is based around that.

I primarily go with this for a generic build. Changes I make do not vary a lot unless I go against a class with lots of pets (typically UHDK or BM Hunter) then I opt to take Shadowy Insight instead of San'layn, teamed up with the Pvp talent Mind Trauma I'm able to apply SWP to army of the dead or whatever and spam instant MBs. When I'm not however, this is my generic pvp build. I need to do more testing on Driven to Madness, but I just can't stand having a two-second cast on void eruption, it makes it feel so clunky >.<
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1556
  • 3v3: 2218
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1146

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

What is the verdict on SP/WW/healer?

#13 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:07 PM

What is the verdict on SP/WW/healer?

soldi comp. better with lock imho

#14 Disperse22

Disperse22
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:10 PM

Feels good to atleast have the option to queue something other than Spriest/Mage/Healer...after what, 5+ seasons now?

#15 sundancekid

sundancekid
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/0

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

does anyone else thing edge of insanity sounds pretty sick for pressure comps like shadowplay?

#16 Dreydxo

Dreydxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1579
  • 3v3: 2918
  • 5v5: 2729
  • RBG: 1830

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:39 PM

is rps viable?

#17 Yesliferx

Yesliferx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1515
  • 3v3: 1849
  • RBG: 960

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:56 PM

is rps viable?

Very much so. It feels like it's one of the comps who has the fairest chance of beating all different type of setups.
Posted Image

Three econometricians went out hunting, and came across a large deer. The first econometrician fired, but missed, by a meter to the left. The second econometrician fired, but also missed, by a meter to the right. The third econometrician didn't fire, but shouted in triumph, "We got it! We got it!"

#18 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:08 PM

What races are you playing? I leveled my goblin priest but its just sofkin ugly I wanna change to troll or something. Rocket jump and 1% passive haste is actually pretty decent but still

Edited by Knaittiz, 01 September 2016 - 07:19 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#19 Theed

Theed
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1784
  • 3v3: 2330
  • RBG: 1630

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:43 PM

Driven to Madness has been semi stealth nerfed.

Last week they published hotfix notes:
Driven to Madness now only works outside Voidform and will not activate on periodic effects.

And quickly removed it from the notes. This change is live, making Void Origins even more mandatory.

#20 Disperse22

Disperse22
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:13 PM

Driven to Madness has been semi stealth nerfed.

Last week they published hotfix notes:
Driven to Madness now only works outside Voidform and will not activate on periodic effects.

And quickly removed it from the notes. This change is live, making Void Origins even more mandatory.

This never went live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<