Photo

Balance Druid in legion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 01 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

Has anyone on here been testing boomkin? Is it better to just straight aoe everything in threes and then burst down one target? What's your thoughts on talents/strats/comps/rotation prefrence?
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#2 Freshqtz

Freshqtz

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

Multi-dotting is definitely the way to go with pretty much any type of comp you play, your astral power generation is insane if you've got dots rolling 24/7. Once you're generating ap really fast you can pretty much just pump out instant starsurges, starfires, etc. with empowered moonkin procs and the warrior of elune talent. The new/half/full moon talent is pretty damn clunky in pvp tbh but full moon shits on people especially if you follow it up with a starsurge or something. I don't really bother using starfall since it costs 60 ap and people can just move out of it.

Not gonna bother going into much detail on talents but incarn is definitely the way to go since the other two talents in that tier don't even compare. Shooting stars works extremely well with a multi-dotting playstyle but astral communion seems really nice in 2s if you know you're gonna get zerged and want a ton of ap right off the bat. I always go with the resto affinity because being able to sustain yourself a bit with self heals is really nice although the 10% dmg reduction from guardian affinity is pretty sweet too. You're probably gonna have to spec bash for most comps but if you're playing with a class that already has stuns like a rogue then I really like mass entanglement for instant roots to help with kiting.

As for pvp talents it seems you can play around with them a lot but things like moonkin aura and cyclone seem way too good to pass up in most situations.

Here are my preferred talents:

Posted Image

#3 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

(doesnt work anymore)

Edited by Siuox, 03 August 2016 - 08:05 PM.

#4 Druidking

Druidking
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/1/0/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1502
  • 3v3: 2741
  • RBG: 1651

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:28 PM

The change to Owlkin Frenzy so that it no longer works with the New/Half/Full Moon spells pretty much ruins moonkin's viability imo. I agree that specifically Full Moon was broken as an instant cast. It was very overpowered, but it was also the only thing that was keeping moonkin out of trash tier. Now you need to cast 2 spells that risk both of your spell schools just to get to it, and then you have to somehow cast a 2.5ish second cast (also risks both schools) to do your big burst. It's very clunky and very shit design.

Lunar Strike and Solar Wrath do not do nearly as much dmg relative to the health pools as starfire did in WoD. Starsurge does not do as much dmg relative to health pools as it did in Wod. I think moonkin's will just get trained into the ground now because the damage from instant lunar strikes is not a scary enough deterrent.

That being said, with the current state of aff lock/rsham on beta, LSD2 might be the best comp for Druids (and it's definitely t2 at best). I don't see any comps except maybe rmd that will be better with a Druid healer instead of rsham or hpal, and mw monk is probably better as well.

Moonkin/Mage will probably be good because of poly/cyclone cc chain and you can get carried by Mage/healer.

Moonkin can probably also still win with uh dk, rogue, or spriest but they won't be "good" comps.

I'm not sure that there is any Druid comp right now that will be on the same level as MLS or RLS.

#5 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

The change to Owlkin Frenzy so that it no longer works with the New/Half/Full Moon spells pretty much ruins moonkin's viability imo. I agree that specifically Full Moon was broken as an instant cast. It was very overpowered, but it was also the only thing that was keeping moonkin out of trash tier. Now you need to cast 2 spells that risk both of your spell schools just to get to it, and then you have to somehow cast a 2.5ish second cast (also risks both schools) to do your big burst. It's very clunky and very shit design.

Lunar Strike and Solar Wrath do not do nearly as much dmg relative to the health pools as starfire did in WoD. Starsurge does not do as much dmg relative to health pools as it did in Wod. I think moonkin's will just get trained into the ground now because the damage from instant lunar strikes is not a scary enough deterrent.

That being said, with the current state of aff lock/rsham on beta, LSD2 might be the best comp for Druids (and it's definitely t2 at best). I don't see any comps except maybe rmd that will be better with a Druid healer instead of rsham or hpal, and mw monk is probably better as well.

Moonkin/Mage will probably be good because of poly/cyclone cc chain and you can get carried by Mage/healer.

Moonkin can probably also still win with uh dk, rogue, or spriest but they won't be "good" comps.

I'm not sure that there is any Druid comp right now that will be on the same level as MLS or RLS.

Haven't been on beta in awhile. They removed instant moons? Man that actually hurts... Incoming melee train...
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#6 Freshqtz

Freshqtz

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:18 PM

The change to Owlkin Frenzy so that it no longer works with the New/Half/Full Moon spells pretty much ruins moonkin's viability imo.

Do none of the moon spells work with owlkin frenzy anymore? I read somewhere that apparently it's only full moon that no longer works with the frenzy procs. Guess I'll have to test it out later when I have time.

Anyways, my biggest gripe about moonkins in legion is the lack of reliable roots and slows to keep people from straight up tunneling you. When you could use the moon spells insta at least your damage was enough of a factor to get people to hesitate from constantly training you, now moonkins will be useless meatshields once again it seems.

#7 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:44 PM

Do none of the moon spells work with owlkin frenzy anymore? I read somewhere that apparently it's only full moon that no longer works with the frenzy procs. Guess I'll have to test it out later when I have time.

Anyways, my biggest gripe about moonkins in legion is the lack of reliable roots and slows to keep people from straight up tunneling you. When you could use the moon spells insta at least your damage was enough of a factor to get people to hesitate from constantly training you, now moonkins will be useless meatshields once again it seems.

I heard both so I'm not sure either. On mmo a blue post was commenting to how it's only full moon but I was watching hotted and he said it's all of them. But I agree with the only real defense a boomkin has being bark skin their needs to be some sort of counter play to just straight tunneling them. And I thought it was fine with how much damage we got from being tunneled but now... Man I don't know I don't think I want to play boomkin now and just get straight trained every game.

AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#8 gravyrainbow

gravyrainbow
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/0/1/2/1/1
  • 3v3: 1645

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:39 AM

Moonkin at least has some pretty insane passive mitigation vs. melee... 48% mitigation (plus 10% from guardian affinity) vs. 40% for hpally and 38% for prot warrior.

Having a tough time deciding what to play... none of the casters really seem all that attractive right now tbh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<