• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

Hello Fellow Priests,
here is some opinion after a Disc priest beta testing. Before you read numbers you need to keep in mind that my HP pool is 1452k points.

HEALING

Main source of heals Flash of Light (who woulda said that). Insta PoM and Renew are super nice and you do not really feel the lack of PW:Shield as they are literally shit atm (put it up, gets insta dispelled.. and if it stays it absorb such a small ammount compared to the HP pool). As holy you have planty of cool stuff.

- Your Artifact ability: 45 sec cd, instant, 2 charges. Heals for around 90 k (non crit) but gives you 25% bonus healing on the target for 10 sec really good stuff
- Grip will put a hot that heals 15% of target hp pool
- If you have focused will up your holy fire (and smite) will increase your speed by 30% and decrease the target speed by 30% for few secs
- When using a holy word spell you have a chance (often happens) to summon the spirit of the nauruu who copies the spells you do.
- Mending bounce on a target with Renew insta heals the target for an extra 32k ish
-Holy word is insane. With procs from surge of light and Apotheosis up you get it really really often. Also if u spec Divinity you also increase your healing done by 15%.
- If the Guardian Angel does not proc, if specced, its cd will only be 2 mins. Can be used to boost heals by 40%
- Inner focus every 30 secs lasting 5 secs. Woah

- Concentration = interrupt = interrupt immunity for 20 secs. If you prefere you can get an improved version of fade (still 30 sec cd) that makes you dodge the next 3 phisical attacks and increses your moviment speed by 50% pretty amazing vs melees
- Also against melee, if you don't need 2x dispels, you can spec into Holy Ward. What an amazing talent. Every 45 secs you put a ward on a target (also urself) that cannot be dispelled. It prevents the next ability used on the target that would make it loose control (that includes physicals like kidney shots or monk fist of fury pain). If timed right can be a REAL life saver.
- Insta PoM.. .what's not to like ?
- I wanna try Ray of Hope but at the very moment I tried the spirit of redemption thing. Tbh, quite amazing. you basically become unstoppable and spam heals for 10 secs. Only downside is you can't cast on yourself. Then again, if pressure is super high, you can spam heals and top ur team quite fast.
- Divine Hymn.. oh well, 3 mins cd ? thanks blizzard !

Only thing i dislike is the fact that if you get locked on holy tree, you are pretty much screwd. Unlike disc, you don't have shadow spells to use.

UTILITIES

Chastise stuns for 5 secs if talented properly and its cd can be reduced by casting smite !
Inner focus, Holy Ward and so on are described on the Healing section.
Fear is very much missed, not gonna lie.

DAMAGE

Smite does some decent dmg (average hit 50k, 76k average crit). Holy fire isn't that good (40k average, 60-70k crits) but the dot isn't that bad (7k average, 10 k crit ticks). Chastise, other than stunning, can do a decent 100ish K dmg. To be honest, if you wanna do dmg, holy isn't the spec for you. Holy nova is not too bad. Does 50k and has a chance to reset your Holy fire cd. worth to take a look if you are not concerned about breaking cc around

CONCLUSION:

Damage is pretty bad, healing is quite good and utility wise, you have a lot of buttons for different circumstances. That's something good while hoping for those dumb devs to tone numbers better. To be honest, it seems to me that the damage around is just to high for any healer. There are classes like WW Monks who literally can 100-0 in a stun. Pretty fuckin lame.

here is some numbers and screens:

http://imgur.com/a/NM8hw

If you want something PARTICULAR to be tested, I am at your disposal. Just leave a comment and I'll get back at you asap.

Peace

#2 Intravz

Intravz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2060
  • 3v3: 1997
  • 5v5: 1510
  • RBG: 960

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:30 PM

Thanks for your insight. It does feel like holy has a lot of tools on beta to be in a real good place. Unfortunately, I find myself feeling helpless against some melee 1v1 (mostly rogues, ww and warriors) and 2v1 is certain death within a short amount of time.

#3 Belligerence

Belligerence
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:05 AM

Thanks for your insight. It does feel like holy has a lot of tools on beta to be in a real good place. Unfortunately, I find myself feeling helpless against some melee 1v1 (mostly rogues, ww and warriors) and 2v1 is certain death within a short amount of time.

I agree, I suppose it's often just about juggling your chastise with their offensive abilities and not really going for any offensive stuns/silences yourself. Depending on the two dps classes you're facing you can usually survive long enough for HW:S to come off cd against one of them keeping the other stunned/slowed. Feels a bit clunky right now and yes, even after pruning I suppose it all comes down to your teammates peeling you plenty. Without the shield you just don't have enough buffer to survive for a while, unlike disc. We need a holy version of guise :P
Then again, it just might be me not having played Holy since MoP kekekeke

Thank you for the insight and numbers Angrypie.

Edited by Belligerence, 28 July 2016 - 12:08 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Remade

Remade
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/0/2/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1440
  • RBG: 576

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:49 AM

Cdew said on stream Ray of Hope was awesome, super keen to see what you think of that!

#5 Photic

Photic
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1769
  • 3v3: 2511
  • RBG: 1768

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:08 AM

You happen to do any testing w/ Circle of Healing? I can't see Apotheosis being very useful in arena because it can be dispelled.

#6 Farmboy

Farmboy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2003
  • 3v3: 2004
  • RBG: 1781
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:36 PM

From what I can tell Holy will be a our go to spec for arena next expansion. Unless they tune disc so it can handle spread pressure or getting trained by double melee. I think it is also is going to be our strongest spec specifically because of Mind Control. Having Mind control back, on top of a 5 sec stun/incap is going to make RMP, Thug, etc. really strong.

#7 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:20 PM

Ray of Hope is realy strong. One min cd is insane. circle of healing is borderline crap. Around 65k average, not really amazing.

You can see some numbers here

Imgur.com/a/6E047

Lemme know if you want anything else to be tested.

#8 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

It's all cool but outside of cds u have flash heal/renew/mending. The lack of fear is HUGE. Like insanely huge, especially if trained.
As disc you only have shield penance and shadow mending: if they go on you you have the mobility of a paraplegic and eventually you will die.

I have not tested other healers but by the look of it, it seems gap closers, random stuns/interrupts combined with insane dmg out there, make playing healer close to impossible. Tunneling unhealable dmg seems a good strategy.

So far, if i have to be honest, wod seems a far better designed game. Says it all.

Rate 2/10, wouldnt pre purchase again.

#9 Farmboy

Farmboy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2003
  • 3v3: 2004
  • RBG: 1781
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:52 PM

It's all cool but outside of cds u have flash heal/renew/mending. The lack of fear is HUGE. Like insanely huge, especially if trained.
As disc you only have shield penance and shadow mending: if they go on you you have the mobility of a paraplegic and eventually you will die.

I have not tested other healers but by the look of it, it seems gap closers, random stuns/interrupts combined with insane dmg out there, make playing healer close to impossible. Tunneling unhealable dmg seems a good strategy.

So far, if i have to be honest, wod seems a far better designed game. Says it all.

Rate 2/10, wouldnt pre purchase again.

No mention of mind control? I think you're assuming to much without first seeing how everything plays out over the next three months.

#10 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:00 PM

No mention of mind control? I think you're assuming to much without first seeing how everything plays out over the next three months.

You forgetting that mc= ccing yourself and/or falling back On healing. If you think mc is good as only source of cc, you know nothing about this game

#11 Shaderz

Shaderz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 2213
  • 3v3: 2125
  • 5v5: 2031
  • RBG: 2040
  • LocationPA

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:20 AM

So how do you think we'll do in 2's and 3's? Think we'll be shit until our honor talents come into play? Or even then we'll be struggling to get comps and decent players to suffer through queing with us?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<