Pre-Patch Warriors

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:53 AM

fuck i jut dont know how to spec.
i feel like this could be good in 3s http://www.wowdb.com...calculator#E9uF
for 2s im not sure, when you're tunneling healers and dont get any extra rage from taking damage i might go dauntless like this maybe http://www.wowdb.com...calculator#EteF or maybe with avatar and anger management, depending on how bursty everything is.
this when playing melee cleave http://beta.wowdb.co...calculator#C9rF (with pain train)
this playing against melee cleave maybe http://www.wowdb.com...calculator#C/VF

what are you guys speccing into?

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

being ugly doesn't mean you have inner beauty

#42 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

Pretty much http://www.wowdb.com...calculator#E5WF currently.
I feel rend is rather undervalued atm. But many forget that it now deals more damage when cs is applied. Thus finally scaling with your mastery.
And certainly seems to be balanced around it cause multirending seems kind of lackluster atm compared to cleave / whirlwind.

But eventually i will most likely play http://www.wowdb.com...calculator#E6VF for a more cleave kind of gameplay. Maybe even now since they fixed the bug where whirlwind didn't properly apply trauma.

Edited by Pinka, 25 August 2016 - 04:26 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Djord

Djord
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 1/2/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1618
  • 3v3: 1830
  • RBG: 1587

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:18 PM

fuck i jut dont know how to spec.
i feel like this could be good in 3s http://www.wowdb.com...calculator#E9uF
for 2s im not sure, when you're tunneling healers and dont get any extra rage from taking damage i might go dauntless like this maybe http://www.wowdb.com...calculator#EteF or maybe with avatar and anger management, depending on how bursty everything is.
this when playing melee cleave http://beta.wowdb.co...calculator#C9rF (with pain train)
this playing against melee cleave maybe http://www.wowdb.com...calculator#C/VF

I wouldent specc Double Time pretty much ever the stun is just to good to pass up it also to some degree works as mobilty or uptime, also i still prefer Mortal Combo and have definetly leaned more towards Avatar than Rend(althought it sucks so bad to not have a bleed anymore) lately the damage you can pump out is insane sometimes if you get OP + CS procs. Otherwise i think it looks fine :)
To succeed you have to stop being ordinary and be legen -wait for it- dary

#44 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:06 PM

this is interesting, mainly because the more i thought focused rage was pretty obviously the way to go.
can you explain why you went with mortal combo?

in my mind mortal combo only does something when you dont have uptime. if you stick on your target it doesnt really matter because you ms on cd anyways. focused rage on the other hand does something all the time. when you're not on your target you still get to dump your rage and when you are on your target its almost the same as having 2 ms all the time and it makes the damage very spikey. ms does x damage for 20 rage, focused rage basicly makes the secound ms cost 30 instead of 20 rage so to speak, but it always gives you access to the secound execute, something mortal combo only does after a period of downtime. what it comes down to is the following, is the slightly less (compared to a normal ms) rage efficient focused rage worth it over pressing slam and how many gcds do we have. basicly if you do the math it almost comes out as the same if you press slam or focused rage. but focused rage allows you to not get rage capped when you have downtime and allows you to spend rage super quick because its off gcd. okay so then the question becomes how much rage do we have and how fast we can spend it? this question i couldnt really answer so far. on a dummy it certainly seems like we do not have enough rage to spam both but in a real pvp scenario i do see myself getting high on rage sometimes and am happy i can spend my whole bar in like 2 gcds. plus being able to throw these massive mortal strikes is pretty handy in a metagame that is supposed to be bursty. idk man.

can you explain why you think mortal combo is better?
oh any why do you go dauntless with it? shouldnt you have enough rage already to spam those slams?
when going fervor+trauma i can almost see why dauntless would be good since it really makes sure you get to spam those whirlwinds constantly and whirlwind is a bit more expensive than slam. but i feel like we will have loads more rage than a dummy test will make us believe.
i agree on the rend though, its really rage efficient and does deal quite a good amount of damage. the problem with rend is that esp if you go overpower you dont have enough gcds to do everything you can do, i think that might be the reason a lot of people just pick avatar. that and i think the game is supposed to be bursty so theres that.

ill go ahead and try your builds a bit this evening. i just started testing yesterday so i havent had much of a chance to get a feel for the class.

the stun vs charge debate is pretty hot too, in a melee cleave with pain train i agree that the stun is probably better, but normally you'd spec into that thing that makes your charge reset cs, shouldnt that alone be a huge reason to go with double time?

edit: just tested mortal combo+dauntless and in 2s skirmish where i actually take damage it seems impossible to spend all the rage.

edit2:just played dauntless + focused rage in 3d skirmish and was target. focused rage was definitly the way to go there. recound says i slammed twice per ms and i got 2 or sometimes 3 fr stacks per ms. so i basicly did both for the most time. also i noticed opportinity strikes make up for quite a large amound of damage. almost 15%. does anyone know how they work exactly? they probably do have an internal cooldown dont they? if they dont have one it would favour slamming over focus raging even more. right now i have a fr keybind, a slam bind and a slam+fr bind. i mostly just spammed the slam+fr bind but if more slams mean more opportinuty strikes i have to be more careful to always leave rage for slam.

edit3: okay so whats nice about mortal combo is that you always get the full benefit from tactician procs. i still feel like this is more the kind of talent you take in pve or 2s as you have no way of dumping exess rage with this.

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

#45 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:33 AM

this is interesting, mainly because the more i thought focused rage was pretty obviously the way to go.
can you explain why you went with mortal combo?
>

2 Ms procs become useful after not being able to use Ms for 6 seconds. (lets assume ms cd is 5)
If you are peeled for 6 seconds (Hoj/ Nova/fear or a short stun + needing to walk up your target). You will get to Ms twice 1 sec sooner than you would have with 1 charge.
Ms>cd 5 sec>Ms again.
vs
Ms>cd 4 since it was already ticking during peel>Ms again.

Now think of long peels (8 sec).

Now add your own gcds used in prio of Ms. cs/ rend/ overpower/ stuns/ leap/ charge.
I guess you get where im going.

Focussed rage does less damage in pvp. But it becomes more useful with the artifact where you next Ms after Cs will deal more damage. Where ofcourse 2 procs would make the second weaker.
Posted Image

#46 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:34 AM

Focussed rage does less damage in pvp.

i didnt even know that. how much?

what do you do with excess rage though? with dauntless and mortal combo i rarely have gcds where i dont do anything and thats with 100% uptime hitting a dummy. as soon as i take damage and generate more rage, have downtime where i cant spend any or have to use gcds for utility spells i will get capped.

#47 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:15 AM

i didnt even know that. how much?

what do you do with excess rage though? with dauntless and mortal combo i rarely have gcds where i dont do anything and thats with 100% uptime hitting a dummy. as soon as i take damage and generate more rage, have downtime where i cant spend any or have to use gcds for utility spells i will get capped.

• Focused Rage increases the damage of Mortal Strike by 20% in PvP (down from 50%)
Dauntless in some cases gives you too much rage. But first off it gives more oppertunity to use your fillers. The more you are able to spend the more tactician procs you will recieve. Thus the more cs procs/ms uses. It also opens more times to throw in a whirlwind here and there if you are in range of 2+ targets instead of slam. Allowing you to increase your single target damage through the use of aoe.

Capping your rage as arms isn't a pure bad thing either. In that sence you always know that when a target falls below 20% you will have a juicy full rage bar ready to finish them off. (Also remember execute has it's cost reduced by Dauntless.)

Edited by Pinka, 26 August 2016 - 07:15 AM.

Posted Image

#48 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:24 AM

• Focused Rage increases the damage of Mortal Strike by 20% in PvP (down from 50%)

okay this makes it useless then

Dauntless in some cases gives you too much rage. But first off it gives more oppertunity to use your fillers. The more you are able to spend the more tactician procs you will recieve. Thus the more cs procs/ms uses.

yes but dauntless doesnt increase the rage you generate, it reduces the cost. you will get equal tactician procs always unless you cap your rage.

#49 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:37 AM

yes but dauntless doesnt increase the rage you generate, it reduces the cost. you will get equal tactician procs always unless you cap your rage.

Dauntless reduces the rage cost needed to use abilities but still acts as if you spent the rage without the talent.
Posted Image

#50 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

Dauntless reduces the rage cost needed to use abilities but still acts as if you spent the rage without the talent.

ok you convinced me of your build. i didnt know dauntless workes that way and focused rage is nerfed in pvp.
blizzard really does a good job of hiding this shit from you. i mean going by the tooltips that dauntless behaviour would actually be a bug and i specifically read the focused rage tooltip while being in a skirmish and it said 50%.

#51 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:08 PM

and i specifically read the focused rage tooltip while being in a skirmish and it said 50%.

their plan was to have tooltips dynamically update in pvp, but they ran out of time to implement it so the idea was pruned

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#52 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:39 AM

the thing that annoys me the most is not having thunderclap. it was so nice to slow ppl who were just barely out of melee range. hamstring should have like 4 yards more range or something.

#53 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 27 August 2016 - 11:13 AM

the thing that annoys me the most is not having thunderclap. it was so nice to slow ppl who were just barely out of melee range. hamstring should have like 4 yards more range or something.

Totally fine as being one of arms weaknesses. Arms is one of the few specs left that is allowed to have a spammable slow and being off the gcd as a bonus.
In trade it is avoidable (dodge/ parry.) And is melee range exclusive.

For the last post about pvp updates. You just have to check out the pvp templates. Most of the changes are understandable cause their dmg is clearly designed with pve in mind first. Then brought down to scale in pvp. Thinking of Bladestorm dealing 66% in pvp.
Posted Image

#54 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333
  • RBG: 576

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:47 PM

By testing fury again in pve and pvp. First up i just seem to suck with the rotation. (mostly cause i barely played fury at all)
My guildmate is pulling it off nicely. Seeing him win 2v1 vs randoms on bgs.

I do not understand they nerfed the bt self healing in pvp now. It could have been an issue at lvl 110. But i do not think it would hurt now.
Really the extra damage taken doesn't matter at all as long they have good self sustain. Locks being a good example of that with cloth and shit.

Remove piercing howl from the GCD. Or reduce the rage cost slightly (The main reason i struggle doing the rotation right.) With only 4 sec enrage windows it just sucks to fill a gcd with your slow instead of dealing damage.
Yes i know the rotation is basicly just. RMP>BT>RB>FS. I have had a lot of cases where i had to slow but just lost that rage needed for rampage fucking it all up.

Cleave however seems to be pretty strong and easy to pull off. Whirlwind has no rage cost and makes you next BT and Ramp hit 4 targets. So you can just constantly weave them in between without losing rage to prep for burst.

Many warriors seem to have the Arms mindset when playing Fury. (including me).
While it basicly removed the proc gameplay entirely it's now all about building rage up as fast as possible just to spend it fast. Preferred with one of your cooldowns. While arms has bladestorm passive. Fury can choose bloodbath and Dragon roar to up their damage. And tbh for fury much more viable options since they are on real short cooldowns.

Well for me. I hate having too many cooldowns. (The same reason i picked rend for Arms.) I rather fish for cs procs. So in that case fury isn't for me. I just wish more warriors that actually want to play fury did. Instead of jumping on the arms bandwagon cause their friends or forums say so.

If nothing else, the primary's need to be bumped back to 100% and by healing needs to be bumped back to atleast 75% though with the primary stat boost, the extra HP nay help offset the damage increase to a more manageable state.

I also think death wish should be changed to to 5%Dmg-5% Hp rather then 5%dmg-10% hp given 30% increased damage taken, this becomes a massive drawback and the benefit doesn't hold a candle to it. Or better yet change it to 5% increased damage for every 10% hp lost, stacking up to 5 times. So there is a risk for training a fury warrior as they do more damage to you the more you train them. And therefore the benefit matches the drawback.

Those 3 changes Stats reverted, healing possibly reverted, and death wish is a passive damage increase for hp lost, would put fury in a great spot for PvP.

Arms has good utility for its teammates and fury becomes more like how dks Used to be where you sick them on a Target or healer and they are relatively self sufficient

Edited by Ezyo1000, 29 August 2016 - 03:03 AM.

#55 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2204
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

Fury will forever be shit in Legion. Just taking 30% extra damage is pretty much a dps cooldown for most classes.

#56 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:04 PM

Fury will forever be shit in Legion. Just taking 30% extra damage is pretty much a dps cooldown for most classes.

It wasn't bad in beta early on. Fury took alot of damage, dealt alot but it also healed for alot too so your wewre able to sustain yourself if you played smart so it worked out.
Basically there are a couple ways to make it work.

Make Death Wish baseline for Fury and change it to Where for every 10% hp lost you gain 5% increased damage and stack it to 5 times (leaving the pvp talent as is so you can choose to activate the damage yourself if you want)
Bring the primary stats to 100% (Maybe bumped them up to 105-110%)
Increase BT healing % in pvp or Give a leech effect while enraged.

#57 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:39 PM

itemlevell only has a small effect on damage in pvp, right? so it should be better to sacrifice some weapon itemlevel in favour for good traits on the relics, right? those +10% tactician proc (exploit the weakness) relics sound jucy, don't they? and weapontree route wise, i'm going for the upper two branches into the respective elite talent first, right? so over exploit thr weakness to shattered defenses and over precise strikes to corrupted blood?

#58 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:46 AM

Am I late? I'm not willing to spec burst talents in the price of losing any damage. So I would go rend, double ms, overpower, etc.
I don't think the burst way is for t1 warrior comps in 3s. They would have teammates like rogue which got many CCs like cheapshot...(sorry, I don't remember how to call those in English.)

#59 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:54 AM

demon hunters do everything warriors do except better in every way

hope you guys didnt make the mistake of leveling an inferior class again :duckers:
Posted Image

#60 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:51 AM

demon hunters do everything warriors do except better in every way

hope you guys didnt make the mistake of leveling an inferior class again :duckers:

oh okay so apparently im not the only one getting outdamaged every bg by a factor of 2 or some shit.
was hoping echo slam would make up for some of that. idk man.
pain train might get us some rbg spots though. i'm not giving up until ive actually played some arena but my first impressions are not too good aswell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<