• US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2204
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:19 AM

What do you guys think of Warriors so far? I think we do a ridiculous amount of damage, but we lack all of our utility cause it's all in our level 110 honor talents.

Defensive Stance is really fucking weird with that 10 second cooldown, the double Mortal Strike is a bit neat. Focused Rage seems a bit underwhelming at the moment, which is why I've been using the back-to-back MS hits for more consistency. Opportunity Strikes is great for duels and Anger Management seems great for long fights/bgs, etc

Bleeds from the Trauma from Slam is incredibly weak since Deadly Calm for free rage to spam whatever is amazing. Avatar is already mandatory since it's our big dps cooldown and Battle Cry is like our miniburst that we can use the moment we get on a target.

Dauntless for abilities to cost 20% less rage seems pretty incredible. Sure you lose Overpower, but you have so much rage, that you can just push out ridiculous amounts of pressure. What are you guys liking?

#2 Nothingxd

Nothingxd
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1348
  • 3v3: 2830
  • 5v5: 1051
  • RBG: 1908

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:01 AM

I think their good, arms is fun and dmg is pretty insane... We lack defensives though

#3 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

did anyone say mortal strike? :duckers: I swear it never goes off cooldown anymore

#4 Djord

Djord
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 1/2/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1618
  • 3v3: 1830
  • RBG: 1587

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:17 PM

Except for the terrible nameplates, chinese lookalike animations and dmg text i still have some issues with the specc.

Positive notes so far: Damage is good, rotations feels relativly smooth, been playing a lot with OP it does crazy damage and nearly always crits. Don't really like avatar that much but it's still really good, been playing mostly with Rend and it's good consistent damage i'm a rend lover so haha.

Negative notes: Defensive stance feels so akward the cooldown feels really restricting and anoying. Execute does no damage? Only with full rage (which dosen't really happend playing with OP i guess) feels really bad since it was such a big deal for us in WoD they need to raise it up or it's not gonna be worth using over MS/OP.
No Intervene, or Charge stun feels really guttering and a bit booring tbh, cant really help my healer mate or even get to him.. Yeah Chargestun is a big deal breaker for me feels so dumb so get a big cast in the face when you charge them. We're getting "intercept" but it charing cooldown with Charge and the fact that you would have to give up Paintrain dosen't feel that likely atm.

Atleast we're gonna get to keep SR #roadtohonorlevel22
To succeed you have to stop being ordinary and be legen -wait for it- dary

#5 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:48 AM

got overpower back

fight for charge stun boys

#6 Arienos_5419022

Arienos_5419022
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

feels liek no dmg no defensives to me ;>

#7 Henco

Henco
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 939
  • RBG: 1474
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

Many interesting changes happening, but I agree with all the prior posters.
No defensives. Die by the sword hasnt changed I think, so thats cool, but otherwise atleast until we get the honor talents, its just painful.
Also the predetermined stats seem interesting. as Arms we don't have that much hp.
I'm playing around with the mortal strike talents now and trying to figure out the viability of Rend. It brings back alot of fun memories using both Rend and OP, but still have to see whether it pays off.
I also like the fact that deadly calm is back. I really enjoyed that ability during cata, hopefully it will serve well here too.
Avatar is still on question mark. We don't really have a huge offensive cd, but I don't really want to abandon the dot. I grew to love it again during WoD, it offered nice spread damage, but I am fairly certain that the role of arms warrs will change in this exp considering the damage we dish out.
Anyhow, it will be fun to see how will everything be once the actual exp comes out and honor talents are unlocked, but currently, being a long time warr player, I am a bit weary.

#8 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:41 PM

The more I played with Dauntless, the more I'm coming to love it over Overpower. Overpower is an classic, but having a ton of rage, without worrying about starving feels great. I've been using Opportunity Strikes in duels and Anger Management for scrims and battlegrounds. Anger Management with Dauntless seems to make Battle Cry come up a lot more often since the lowered rage cost makes you hit abilities more frequently than without it. So I've been seeing myself using Battle Cry much sooner than running Overpower.

I personally love Opportunity Strikes cause the damage it pumps out is ridiculous and to see 7 to 8 procs in a row on a dying target really helps securing kills and putting serious pressure. Focused Rage is still pretty strange, even with Dauntless, and I just feel more comfortable with back-to-back Mortal Strikes than dumping rage on 1 Mortal Strike to hit extra hard.

My thoughts on Trauma bleeds for Slam are still on the negative side, since the bleed damage only stacks when you're spamming it. And with x2 MS, it's almost always up, so I never get the trauma bleeds that high anyway to do any significant dot damage, when you can just hit MS for that raw consistent damage.

I'm missing the Rend bleed but it does tick for some really good numbers, but you have to give up Avatar which is our main burst. I've played with Rend quite a bit though without Avatar and found my burst windows every 30ish seconds with Battle Cry.

I'm conflicted because all these talent paths are great for your specific playstyle. I just think Trauma & Focused Rage aren't that good.

#9 Djord

Djord
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:55 PM

Yeah Trauma is a bit underwhelming everything in that tier is tbh. I usually sit on some rage when i pop Battle Cry so i have both OP and MSx2 ready to go playing with rend i dont really have the gcd's for many slams. Wished it was a lot longer duration then it might have been viable now it just falls of without doing pretty much no damage. So i go with Rend i cant play with out a bleed nowdays.

Still a bit salty over no intervene or atleast ministun on charge...

#10 Farmboy

Farmboy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2003
  • 3v3: 2004
  • RBG: 1781
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

Charge --> Avatar --> Stormbolt --> Battle Cry --> CS --> Overpower --> MSx2 --> Overpower = Profit

#11 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:30 AM

That hip strike is the farthest thing from Overpower ever imagined by any designer, ever.

#12 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:18 PM

I pretty much just press Battle Cry the moment I connect with someone with a charge to just go ham and build up rage instantly with Deadly Calm. I went back to Overpower from using Dauntless for a bit and the change is noticeable. I also took Opportunity Strikes over Anger Management and pretty much use it all the time now. Something about that talent just makes me love it so much. I think it's the swinging animation + the damage from landing 7 opportunity strike hits in a row from 1 Mortal Strike.

This is what I'm using right now:

Posted Image

-

This is the set-up I used for a while:

Posted Image

With this, I basically had an infinite amount of rage, was able to pump out MS & Slam constantly. The loss of Overpower wasn't even that much of a different since I was pushing out a lot of pressure with Battle Cry every 30ish seconds or so with the Anger Management talent.

-

I tried this bleed set-up for a couple of hours:

Posted Image

I liked the bleed pressure off of the Rend but I the Trauma dot damage wasn't close to noticeable. The issue with Trauma is that it only last 6 seconds and to put up more bleed damage, you have to keep using slam on the target to do any significant dot damage. Rend is just apply and let the bleeds hit hard, but the loss of Avatar was pretty big. Deadly Calm, I believe, is just overall the best talent in the 90 tier and Titanic Might is just fucking awful.

-

Another variation that I threw in there was the Focused Rage build over Mortal Combo and I didn't find it that good at all. Double MS damage is better than dumping rage for an damage MS which really doesn't even hit that hard. And being able to apply MS to 2 different targets is pretty nice.

Edited by Coney, 24 July 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#13 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:17 PM

overpower does more damage then MS and can counter rogue shanagians

you don't really need focused rage as you're already rage capped as it is even with double MS

the biggest issue warriors have right now is next to zero utility and some of the worst defensives in the game
Posted Image

#14 Henco

Henco
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 939
  • RBG: 1474
  • LocationLatvia

Posted 24 July 2016 - 07:31 PM

Yeah. Speaking of the Focused Rage, on my tests it didn't seem to hird THAT hard with 3 stacks. Ofc it was a huge chunk of damage, but imo the two MS is just better. As every1 here has mentioned, it simply almost always is available now.
I am still torn about the defensive stance. It's weird with the cooldown. Well, from one point of view I can use it whenever and it lasts as long as needed, but something about it seems very clumsy. But currently there almost isn't a better choice considering the squishyness of arms.
And the whole tier isn't that awesome either. Ofc the leap buff is cool, I like that, but it doesn't justify the lack of defense.

#15 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2094
  • 3v3: 1331
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:47 PM

Focused rage gives only 20% MS dmg per stack so I wouldn't use it

http://eu.battle.net...pic/17612491612

#16 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:39 PM

Double Ms is awesome if you get back to back tactician procs. Focussed rage feels kind of meh. Perhaps it will become much better with the artifact. It feels more like an ability to spend rage on if you are rooted or on the way to your target.

Been trying both Dauntless and Overpower. Both seem to have their own advantages. Burst vs pressure mostly.
People seem to ignore the new second wind. But a well timed leap to max range or los can get you back to full health in no time if you do not fight anything with dots. Or having a nice dispeller if so. Your healer can pick you up much quicker in that case.
The times i just get away with leap and meld. Mount up and join the fight some moments later XD.
I can see some fun stuff happening with it when we will be able to take intercept too.

Trauma is a bit weak for slam only. You spend a bit too much globals on double ms or overpower / rend if you take those. But i can deffo see it become much more powerful with Fervor for some additional aoe with the cleave buff.

A lot of classes lost some utility. For what warriors have? Well. Im kind of okay with what we still have for now.
Posted Image

#17 erskjans

erskjans
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1367
  • 3v3: 1533
  • RBG: 1855

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:01 PM

I miss charge stun so much, they could atleast give us that back with Double Time so that talent have some use if we playing with others that have alot of stuns.

Other than that I'm sad that armour doesn't mather at all anymore since everyone have magic damage nowdays. I Think warriors is the only one that have 100% pysical damage in the pre patch and even we will have some magic damage with the artifact.

Also I Think that warriors should have higher hp than moste classes like it used to be, specially now when we have more or less no self healing.

Damage wise I really like arms now, OP is fun I wish it proced of doge and parry as it used to do but it's nice as it is aswell.

Trauma seems worthless in PvP since we don't have the globals to keep it up so the damage is crap.

OS do a ton of damage and can give the kill sometimes, I like that better than Anger Managment.

FR feels clunky and I Think it's bad for the game to be able to buff some attacks the way FR do specially with Sharpen Blade in the honor talents. The games don't need that high damage with cds compared to no cds imo.

#18 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:50 AM

Realized the other day that Overpower does not proc on dodges like it used to. So if a Rogue (or anyone really) dodges, your Overpower will not proc. The only time Overpower will come up is through an auto attack. So if you managed to get a hit on a rogue somehow and he has Evasion up, and you get an Overpower proc, then you can hit him with it. Besides that, it won't do shit.

Sad times.

#19 Djord

Djord
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:02 PM

Really like how the specc plays out rotation wise atleast. I have some concerns regarding Execute does little damage seems not to be worth using unless you have like 25 rage + which feels kinda meh imo.

Chargestun and Intervene we should get back imo. Really miss them :(

#20 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:01 PM

Double time is granted through a talent. But you have to give up cc (your stuns) in order to gain more mobility.

Im kind of fine if warrior is the pure physical class. It comes with up and downsides. Atleast nothing of warriors is dispellable. And i have the feeling arms will scale much better with the new Cs.

Arms pvp stats contain a high ammount of versatility. That means adding more hp would make them a bit too durable. Fury has a higher health pool.

Execute does more damage than mortal strike atm. But at a higher rage cost. The damage however goes up bigtime when cs is applied. And since cs is free its nearly always better to apply it first before using execute.
The artifact will add 30% damage + critchance to Ms and Exec after you cs + 15% additional crit chance and also lowers their rage cost. So yes. Execute will be much stronger in legion.

Tbh im kind of happy they shifted some of our execute power back towards our rotational damage. Atleast it feels slam and whirlwind are doing damage again.

A bit of imput from the posts above.
-
Barely anyone seems to mention fury. But its a strong spec that actually deserves more recognition. The new fury is solid and feels way less than a rng fest. Even more when you pick the Inner Rage talent.
Dragon roar + Wrecking Ball :D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<