#21 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:11 PM

I am gonna test Holy before the end of the week and post a specific tread. BY THE LOOK OF IT, it seems rather MEH as the lack of fears and shields is just too much to deal with. You basically have strong heals but then again, why would you play priest then when Pala and Druids are just better to just heal and have far better utilities ? However, wait for the post :) i will test various things for holy too. If you have something (like an honor talent) that you want to be tested, please let me know and i will do that for you.

Thanks for your contribution Pie, I appreciate man. You and Lolflay made real contributions for this [priest] community since all the others left after WotLK.

Anyway - How about a full dps build with the +1 tick Penance talent? As for pvp talents, I'm really courious about Premonition (is it a replacement for SW:D? do you need a target?), Archangel and burst teams?

For holy pvp talents - Low CD Guardian Angel? Instant Mending?

Edit: I hate the new offensive cast for UD male. And how they run... Fuck these "old" models with new animations... Fortunately on my UD female it's not that bad... (human is also okayish... still not as bad as nelf.. draenei is the only decent in alli).

#22 waniqutie

waniqutie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1564
  • 3v3: 2489
  • RBG: 767

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:23 PM

Well.. you are using talents like youre holy. Just chose most offensive build u can get and play burst comps.

Got no time to explain but first of all, how can you play offensive healer when you chose grace from normal talents or achangel from honor talents? >.<.. Should go very offensive build or just roll holy:p Mby im a bit wrong here if you cant change honor talents in arena? or can u?

And dome of light is OP, 50% dmg reduction for everybody inside the bubble.. chose it also unless theres melee cleave, then you go for strenght of soul

With that speccing i would expect you to heal only turbo. seems very passive.

and psychic voice is must, unless youre setuping once a minute, which is ridiculous.. should be every 20-25 sec ;)

Edited by waniqutie, 24 July 2016 - 08:27 PM.

#23 ratchoke

ratchoke
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 1745
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

Well.. you are using talents like youre holy. Just chose most offensive build u can get and play burst comps.

Got no time to explain but first of all, how can you play offensive healer when you chose grace from normal talents or achangel from honor talents? >.<.. Should go very offensive build or just roll holy:p Mby im a bit wrong here if you cant change honor talents in arena? or can u?

And dome of light is OP, 50% dmg reduction for everybody inside the bubble.. chose it also unless theres melee cleave, then you go for strenght of soul

and psychic voice is must, unless youre setuping once a minute, which is ridiculous.. should be every 20-25 sec ;)

That makes sense, but how do you compensate for being the kill target? It's not like you're going to be able to dps while being trained by a melee cleave, which seems like it will be very popular next season. I would imagine SW:P and SMITE isn't enough to compensate being trained.

#24 Remade

Remade
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/0/2/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1440
  • RBG: 576

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:55 AM

That makes sense, but how do you compensate for being the kill target? It's not like you're going to be able to dps while being trained by a melee cleave, which seems like it will be very popular next season. I would imagine SW:P and SMITE isn't enough to compensate being trained.

Agree with this, really becomes a problem when they train you.

#25 Hiiwa

Hiiwa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1751

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:13 AM

Only way to fix this is to add an auro mastery effect to disc or make some of these dmg/healing spells instant.

#26 Fotmogu

Fotmogu
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/2/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 1600
  • 5v5: 575
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

This is the first season ever where i find all 3 priest speccs to be awful (Shadow awful in terms of design and not in the sense of u/o)

The only remaining questions ´considering disc is?

1) Is it worse than first half of s9? Is it possible?

2) How long will it take blizzard to realize the issue and fix?

Imho, disc is weird. The theory of an offensive healer was great, i love playing disc offensively. I tested in 3v3 and it was quite good, but yeah was pain in the ass to heal a melee burst. I think disc will be good after a few tuning.

MoP Holy spec was my favourite, i loved the mechanics. 1 min cd fear? lol, okay it has a stun, but that wont be good. Holy has insane healing output as always, but too passive.

Shadow looks fine, im not that pruning guy, but shadow class fantasy looks fine, but thats really only my opinion.

Disc will be good.

#27 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:09 AM

Imho, disc is weird. The theory of an offensive healer was great, i love playing disc offensively. I tested in 3v3 and it was quite good, but yeah was pain in the ass to heal a melee burst. I think disc will be good after a few tuning.

MoP Holy spec was my favourite, i loved the mechanics. 1 min cd fear? lol, okay it has a stun, but that wont be good. Holy has insane healing output as always, but too passive.

Shadow looks fine, im not that pruning guy, but shadow class fantasy looks fine, but thats really only my opinion.

Disc will be good.

priest is the worst healer on beta by quite a lot

it won't be good :)

#28 Fotmogu

Fotmogu
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/2/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 1600
  • 5v5: 575
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:51 AM

priest is the worst healer on beta by quite a lot

it won't be good :)

Haha. Why do You think? because the numbers, or just the mechanics/abilities are crap?

#29 Farmboy

Farmboy
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2003
  • 3v3: 2004
  • RBG: 1781
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:00 PM

I don't have a problem with this usually, but when there is spread pressure disc can't come even close to dealing with it.

Even holy has serious issues dealing with spread pressure.

Edited by Farmboy, 25 July 2016 - 12:04 PM.

#30 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:50 PM

Haha. Why do You think? because the numbers, or just the mechanics/abilities are crap?

both, sadly

#31 EverRog

EverRog
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1569
  • 3v3: 2152
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1547

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:47 PM

both, sadly

Yes, im agree. It maybe looks interesting a healer who heals while he does dmg but the fact is you just can hit when you have no pressure, just dot someone. And when you are doing dmg it wont feel the heals are big so you just can cast 1 or 2 smite as always you also have to heal to get the buff and dispel hots and move to land an impossible fear.

You basically do the same as the last expantion with less movibilty and more vulnerability to get polymorphed but you have 2 heal trees, shadow (wtf) and holy/disc (dont know).

Maybe in a future there will be a redesign or the numbers will be good... i dont know.

Edited by EverRog, 26 July 2016 - 06:47 PM.

#32 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

My spec is not that defencive. what would you do ? spec penance extra tick ? and how you think you keep ppl up ? doing dmg ? try it on beta and see it for yourself: penance is still our second best heal as shadow mendign is what usually gets locked. Agreed on psychic voice.About your idea for the last talent of normal talent... ofc you take grace... Purge the wicked is the only offencive option and is SO random if you cast penance... it bounces EVERYWHERE and breaks polies/other ccs.
Strenght of soul is decent only if u have Rapture up cause you have ZERO disp protection and your shield (therefore your 30% dmg red) get instantly purged. Like INSTANTLY. Dome is good... but you know what happens with Barrier: stuff moves around and there goes your protection.

frankly either you play a super burst comp or disc can go in the toilet. if they go on you and you don't get peels you are fucked .. like 100% fucked and your heals are just terrible. What you expect to do buddy ? cast penance/smite while trained ?

#33 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:59 PM

Thanks for your contribution Pie, I appreciate man. You and Lolflay made real contributions for this [priest] community since all the others left after WotLK.

Anytime mate... if i can help :)

Anyway - How about a full dps build with the +1 tick Penance talent? As for pvp talents, I'm really courious about Premonition (is it a replacement for SW:D? do you need a target?), Archangel and burst teams?

If you really wanna go burst bananas you should take Schism. you do dmg and you also increase the dmg you do on that target by 30% for 6 secs. Pretty neat. your rotation would go like this :

Schism --> pop dark Archangel --> penance --> smite --> smite (keeping schism debuff up). The dmg is high, yes, but if you get a school lock on the shadow tree you are in trouble.
Disc priest, as far as i noticed by playing random skirmish, seems pretty easy to train: once ps and PW:B are used, keeping yourself up seems almost impossible. Don't get why they didn't give us an aura mastery but they gave it on only 30sec cd to holy (honor talent) ... meh... Maybe on high burst opponents could be worth speccing Defender of the weak and twist of fate for big recovery heals.

For holy pvp talents - Low CD Guardian Angel? Instant Mending?

Edit: I hate the new offensive cast for UD male. And how they run... Fuck these "old" models with new animations... Fortunately on my UD female it's not that bad... (human is also okayish... still not as bad as nelf.. draenei is the only decent in alli).

Low CD Guardian Angel seems a must to me. About the last honor talent for holy, it seems kinda good, only downside you can't cast on yourself (and i think other ppl can't cast on you)

hope it helped. for any other question feel free to ask :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<