• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:23 PM

Hello Fellow Priests,
here is some opinion after a Disc priest beta testing. Before you read numbers you need to keep in mind that my HP pool is 1469k points.

HEALING

I found myself spamming shadow mending. Hands down our best heals. Had up to 440k crit (with pvp honor archangel up). Shield is awful (around 130k average) due to the lack of dispel protection (borrow time not dispellable, no stamina buff unless you give up archangel, no pom, no renew and no divine aegis). One purge and cya shield despite the 7 secs cd. Yes, you can pop Rapture ... but then again ... 2 mins cd :P you get a poly during that and you gonna rage like no other.
I tried clarity of will but the casting time is enormous and it's absorption rather crap (180ish K). Then again, divine star is not that good either and halo is absolute shit for pvp.
What else do we heal with ? Well, PLEA!! best crit i had was around 80k and it was with archangel up. Without the average is slightly lower than 40k. At least it applies attonement and how much does this beauty heal for ? well, on smites around 25k, with a bit higher crits (still less than 50k). How about PENANCE ? Self casted best tick was 150k with archangel up (crit), on average, realistically 65 k non-crit. That's our second best heal btw and if you wanna use it to heal, you need to spec into it (first row of normal talents).

UTILITIES

PS is the usual except it has a 4 min cd. Barrier same. How about feathers ? rubbish. Might as well just spec masochism at least you don't get killed by your own heals. Fears one min cd is disturbing and the Shining force, despite being on paper a great idea (too long cd imho tho), is absolutely awful vs melee as they have insane amount of gap closers (worst being dance rogue with virtually 15 secs of infinite shadow steps. lol). Guise = gone. Mind control... well it's the usual mind control except it DRs with fears and other stuff that drs with fear (blind/clone). All in all, awful. CC avoidance ? none. Death gone and fear ward deleted. YEY.
you are left with offensive dispel (along with other classes) and the chance of speccing a pvp talent that makes your purify work as it used to work in pre-mop AKA 1 effect per dispel but no cd. I spec it just for the sake of good memories.

DAMAGE

MEH. Smite does almost as much dmg as it does on live right now (average hit 32k, insane crit 90k with star aligning). Penance ticks for 40k average and can go up to 76k. Then again ... it's your second best heal... Imho you will need to spec Solace as holy fire is gone (yup... it's holy only now) and mana doesn't really seem to be an issue so far. Mindbender hits like a girl at the pub and the normal fiend does the same dmg just on a 3 min cd) (30k) whilst Solace does a solid 80 k with no casting needed and heals through attonement.

CONCLUSION:

damage is pretty average/low, healing is terrible unless you spam your damage rotation while keeping your attonement up on anyone (which hardly is going to be an option while you being trained/cced. Your "oh shit buttons" are not as good and your cc contribution is shameful. Whoever had the shadow mend idea should literally be hang in a public square. Haven't tasted holy properly, but the idea of playing wtih no shields/fear kinda scares me.

in case you wanna check it out, here are screenshots of recount for single abilities both def/off and the spec I ran during the test.

http://imgur.com/a/mscCg

If you want something PARTICULAR to be tested, I am at your disposal. Just leave a comment and I'll get back at you asap.

Peace

#2 ratchoke

ratchoke
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 1745
  • RBG: 384

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:35 PM

I'm sticking with Disc because I'm stubborn, and R Druid is just too boring to play (only other high level I have that can heal). Really hoping DISC at least get Saving Grace back, imo that would salvage this debacle.

With that said, I suppose the most Blizz will do is adjust numbers, unfortunately it's not the number that are really bad, it's the utilities (especially in contrast to other healers).

Also, they really need flash heal back, so that way they can at least have Shadow/Holy school. Even though in higher brackets there will almost always be more than a couple interrupts awaiting you.

#3 diblis

diblis
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1396
  • 3v3: 2407
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1821

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:24 PM

Just hope for the best i guess,.. Like the very first days of cataclysm when priest discs were awful and in a single hotfix they climbed up the ladders..

By the numbers u have mentioned angrypie, they might add some buffs..
IM kinda rooting for that.. as i didint enjoy pally heals either, i wanna play disc too.. I dont wanna spec into Avenging Crusader and go on melee range to able to heal. .-.

#4 ratchoke

ratchoke
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 1745
  • RBG: 384

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:41 PM

Just hope for the best i guess,.. Like the very first days of cataclysm when priest discs were awful and in a single hotfix they climbed up the ladders..

By the numbers u have mentioned angrypie, they might add some buffs..
IM kinda rooting for that.. as i didint enjoy pally heals either, i wanna play disc too.. I dont wanna spec into Avenging Crusader and go on melee range to able to heal. .-.

Do you think the buffs will come in form of number adjustments or abilities?...

#5 Photic

Photic
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1769
  • 3v3: 2511
  • RBG: 1768

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:47 PM

Death gone

Isn't Premonition the new Death? 4th row of Honor Talents.

Also, how's the honor talent Renewed Hope, is the healing worthwhile?

#6 diblis

diblis
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1396
  • 3v3: 2407
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1821

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:06 PM

Do you think the buffs will come in form of number adjustments or abilities?...

NO idea.. when it comes to blizz.. probably in both terms.. number and abilities wise

#7 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:07 PM

classic, cant stand now having a saving autism button

#8 Photic

Photic
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1769
  • 3v3: 2511
  • RBG: 1768

Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:47 PM

classic, cant stand now having a saving autism button

Not even that surprising really. Holy would've been played over Disc in Wod if it weren't for that.

#9 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:08 PM

you can use that as a death, I will test it for you.
I will also test you the Renewed Hope talent too. Strenght of soul is borderline op ...(30% physical dmg whilst shield persists), but then again, shields usually get insta purged. Given the massive CD it has, shield shouldn't be dispellable. period.

#10 Beatme

Beatme
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/2/0/1
  • 3v3: 1656
  • 5v5: 288

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:01 PM

what about holy priest?

#11 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:12 PM

Holy shit and I thought at least we could do some damage.. How about SW: Pain? How does it interact with Atonement?

But oh well, even if they tweak numbers for pvp... This new "playstyle" is an abomination. After so many years I think I'm at last done with the spec (and I can't even use Inscription as an excuse anymore). If holy is in the same boots, then with the whole class.

#12 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:34 PM

Works. I can confirm that. It's rather weird tbh because the dmg that breaks the poly (which has the same death animation btw) does not occur RIGHT away. I will soon make a small video to show how it works. However has no positioning requirement, no range requirment or anything. u cast it and that's it. It basically apply attonement to yourself then dmgs you for 40 (plus 40 for each other attonement around)

as for Renewed hope, it's dog shit. 60ish k heals non-crit :\

Edited by Angrypiexx, 22 July 2016 - 06:45 PM.

#13 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:48 PM

Holy shit and I thought at least we could do some damage.. How about SW: Pain? How does it interact with Atonement?

But oh well, even if they tweak numbers for pvp... This new "playstyle" is an abomination. After so many years I think I'm at last done with the spec (and I can't even use Inscription as an excuse anymore). If holy is in the same boots, then with the whole class.

here we have a potentially interesting thing: with no limits on how many targets you apply it (includes pets) you get 7.3k average- 11k crit hot ticking with attonement from Sw:Pain. if you have it on 3 targets it starts being VERY interesting as an hot (given attonement is up).

ALSO: smite is actually cool: when you smite a target you absorb the damage that target does next. As far as i could see, this dmg absorbed caps at 140k. Better than a kick in the nuts tho

#14 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:49 PM

i guess it's a lot to do with learning this new playstyle. Main issue detected so far tho: mobility is fuckin shit. Litterally, a snare/daze and you are nver gonna land fears ... NEVER

#15 Hiiwa

Hiiwa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1751

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:32 PM

Since end of Cata
Roses are red, violets are blue
Disc is garbage, WoW is poo

Just reroll Paladin or Druid and faceroll instaheals while hugging a pillar all game ;)

#16 Remade

Remade
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/0/2/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1440
  • RBG: 576

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

I heard holy was doing ok? Have you tested it Angrypie?

#17 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 23 July 2016 - 11:29 AM

This SW:P pain + atonement might have some value in bgs. How about Purge the Wicked (or whatever is its name) for the extra dmg and aoe of it?

Nevertheless won't play the spec in arenas that's sure.

#18 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:24 PM

This SW:P pain + atonement might have some value in bgs. How about Purge the Wicked (or whatever is its name) for the extra dmg and aoe of it?

I personally despise rbgs so I wouldn't really know how the purge the wicked thing is. I SUPPOSE if you play with dot teams (quite unlikely as disc normally) you can possibly use it. I'd rather not use it in arena tho: the chances of CC breaking are just too big

#19 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:26 PM

I am gonna test Holy before the end of the week and post a specific tread. BY THE LOOK OF IT, it seems rather MEH as the lack of fears and shields is just too much to deal with. You basically have strong heals but then again, why would you play priest then when Pala and Druids are just better to just heal and have far better utilities ? However, wait for the post :) i will test various things for holy too. If you have something (like an honor talent) that you want to be tested, please let me know and i will do that for you.

#20 Surel

Surel
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1942
  • 3v3: 2163
  • RBG: 1751
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:38 PM

This is the first season ever where i find all 3 priest speccs to be awful (Shadow awful in terms of design and not in the sense of u/o)

The only remaining questions ´considering disc is?

1) Is it worse than first half of s9? Is it possible?

2) How long will it take blizzard to realize the issue and fix?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<