• EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1674
  • 3v3: 2551
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1769

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:48 AM

any xp? did someone play destro at beta?

how about mlp with fire? deep is gone anyways?

thx
Posted Image

#2 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:07 AM

watch nazrins vods on twitch where he spams shadowburns and opens demonic portals from hell

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#3 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

probably my destro spec for legion mlp:

http://beta.wowdb.co...calculator#C9/n
and http://beta.wowdb.co...-calculator#q7n

I dont like talents with too much random effects. I want to have predictable and constant damage. I also dislike talents which hit randomly players (and break their cc) like Bane of Havoc or Grimore of Sacrifire.

The spec above has a great burst with Mana Tap, Soul Harvest, Curse of Fragility and Firestone. The constant damage is also great with Wreak Havoc and Mind Quickness.

Keep sure to start the fights with some immolates cuz of Soul Harvest burst duration.
Posted Image

#4 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:19 PM

probably my destro spec for legion mlp:

http://beta.wowdb.co...calculator#C9/n
and http://beta.wowdb.co...-calculator#q7n

About your PvE talents :

You should go for Soul conduit as your level 100 PvE talent because it allows you to spam more shadowburns, btw you'll never use chaos bolt because it hits like a wet noodle. Your two core damage abilities are shadowburn as spender and conflag to quickly build embers. When these two abilities aren't available, you can use filler abilities like spreading immolate or incinerate.

You should also drop Mortal Coil for Demon Skin because Mortal coil shares DRs with the main CCs of your teammates like poly, clone, sap...

About grimoires, GoSup isn't that great, you should go for GoServ:Imp or GoSac.

About your PvP talents :

Relentless is bad, except for specific classes like mages that can blink out of stuns.

Cremation is better than Fel fissure because you'll never use chaos bolt.

Nether Ward is a 5s duration spell reflect, Imho it's better than casting circle.

TL;DR, use this build for destro pvp :

http://www.wowhead.c...estruction/MxQM
http://www.wowhead.c...destruction/Jv4

Hope this helps,
Regards.

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#5 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 18 September 2016 - 07:54 AM

Is shadowburn spec still considered the better one? It hits for 100k, which really isn't all that impressive, not to say how boring it is. Let's say I want to play noodle bolt destro in Legion, because fk it. Warlock vs pillar; 2 sec casts vs incarnation stealth stun spam.

Anyway, I'm sometimes not sure what talents to pick. Ideas, opinions?

Tier 1 and 2 would be backdraft and reverse entropy for faster incinerate/noodle bolt casts.
Tier 3 comp dependant, with shadowfury being the weakest option (castable ground targeted stun, lel. good luck hitting the lagging leather melee doing their ninjitsu). Double death coil for comps like lsd and demon skin for mlx? Death coil has a very short range nowadays, 25 yards.
Tier 4 either eradication or soul harvest, no big difference imo. Soul harvest is dispelable though.
Tier 5 Demonic circle or Dark Pact. Up to personal preference atm, although circle feels almost pointless vs certain classes and comps.
Tier 6 Grimoires. No idea. Sacrifice is probably the weakest option because you lose dispel/interrupt, while I don't notice much of a difference between supremacy and service. Is imp+imp maybe viable for max damage in a comp like mls?
Tier 7 I don't know. I don't like Channel Demonfire and use Wreak Havoc instead. I don't know about Soul Conduit, but I seem to have enough shards when I need them.

PvP Talent

Tier 1 2 min trinket vs orc + relentless, hm.
Tier 2 Mind quickness. Trying to fake people with a 1.7 base cast fear is beyond stupid.
Tier 3 I haven't played enough to get Curse of Fragility, but all curses are very useful. I could see fragility being good though (and btw, can someone explain how exactly it works?).
Tier 4 Retard circle so you can actually cast when needed. Nether ward possibly vs spellcleaves (does it also work as aura mastery, reflecting interrupts like cs and windshear?).
Tier 5 I don't know. I'm not sure how exactly Fel Fissure works - does it put a small patch of fire on the ground that reduces healing and does 50k dmg over 10 seconds? If that's so then everyone will move out of it and it'll break cc like poly. Cremation seems like the best burst talent.
Tier 6 Firestone. The army of infernals is funny, like a warlock equivalent to stampede. Bane of Havoc is a retarded bg talent.

I have one more question, how big is the passive kick reduction for warlocks? I don't see any talents, all I could find was some old vague blue post.
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#6 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:44 AM

at this point i dont think its even debatable going for chaos bolt instead of shadowburn.

the burst is very good if you align mana tap, soul harvest, curse of fragility, and firestone.

notice how in a lot of cases he forgets to pop one cd or another.

Posted Image

#7 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:43 AM

Shadowburn + sac + dark pact + drain life is probably the best spec, but I can't bring myself to play that. It's just... ughhhh.

Chaos bolt + double coil is maybe not r1 viable, but it's at least somewhat playable in 3v3 with a mage. I like using grimoire of service as well, 2nd interrupt or a seduce can win games. Of course, pillars are the worst enemy and the higher you go, the more annoying it gets. :/

Tier 5 I don't know. I'm not sure how exactly Fel Fissure works - does it put a small patch of fire on the ground that reduces healing and does 50k dmg over 10 seconds? If that's so then everyone will move out of it and it'll break cc like poly. Cremation seems like the best burst talent.

I've been playing aroundt with cremation and fel fissure and both feel kinda shit. Cremation only does extra damage when you have immolate up, so it's really annoying to play with. It does about 150k damage, which isn't that great compared to lost immolate ticks and globals spent recasting it. Fel fissure puts a small patch on fire on the floor, so everyone moves out of it without even knowing.

#8 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:51 AM

You are both right. Shadowburn is the way to go. Chaosbolt deals no damage compared to its cost and casttime.

Shadowburn + mana tap + soul harvest + firestone + curse of fragility = win.

Posted Image

#9 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:18 AM

You are both right. Shadowburn is the way to go. Chaosbolt deals no damage compared to its cost and casttime.

You forgot the part where the melee cleave already killed your teammates

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#10 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:46 PM

I'm not playing Legion but if that's the recipe to success then I'm glad I didn't play. What a cheesy and poorly designed spec.

#11 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:16 PM

I'm not playing Legion but if that's the recipe to success then I'm glad I didn't play. What a cheesy and poorly designed spec.

It makes wotlk holy paladins look complex. ^^

#12 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:10 AM

All warlocks and destros out there: 

http://eu.battle.net...pic/17613482013

support please!

p.s. no love for shadowburn @ pve dmg buffs. 80k non crit seems to be fine vs 2,5 mil healthpools. CB deals no dmg either. Should reroll warri.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<