• Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

finish build -> quit game -> why did i even

I had a wank once I 6 linked my Lightning Coil which I got from using Orb of Chance on Desert Brigandine. It was short, intense and very disappointing. PoE is kinda nice to waste your time every now and then on, but it's short term.

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft: CCataclysm

im an idiot

#62 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

pls cook for me

id make you a lovely sushi boat

im an idiot

#63 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:07 PM

I had a wank once I 6 linked my Lightning Coil which I got from using Orb of Chance on Desert Brigandine. It was short, intense and very disappointing. PoE is kinda nice to waste your time every now and then on, but it's short term.

yeah if it only takes me 2 days to figure out a build now i see exactly what you mean, it just becomes pointless/boring

but then there's the competitive elements, racing to 100 and shit, doing 40 challenges in new leagues gives you a reason to play once every 3months too. i might try racing to 100, maybe even in hardcore, just to give more "purpose" to a build. feel like it'll be more fun if i actually have a goal to build for
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#64 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

the fact that it's short term is a plus to me btw

one thing i hated about d3's system is that it's literally a 3 month marathon. grind paragon till the last few days, push for ladder in the last few days... whoever grinded most during the 3 months wins

i love that your adventure in PoE ends at some point. make a build, character is finished; level to 100, character is finished, etc.

#65 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:53 PM

cheeky saturday Corp with lads

also Ayra you are fucking right every girl I went out with that goes to Sheffield Uni does fucking psychology and other useless shit, and they usually end up having bipolar or split personality disorder or bdd or what not fml need to get laid again but you don't stick dick in crazy tough times in yooooorkshire x

hope you got your blue pints in you foreign fuck xx
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#66 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:54 PM

its actually pretty weird seeing you talk about corp. I used to go there so much when i was at sheff unAAAYyyy
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#67 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:54 PM

and yeah bitches be cray

#68 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:57 AM

aww you should come crash at mine sometime

btw niss m8 Sheffield oktoberfest this coming Thursday

Treat yourself mate. Come join me and the lads

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#69 Nympheu

Nympheu
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1501
  • RBG: 2312
  • LocationLondon

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:04 PM

cheeky saturday Corp with lads

also Ayra you are fucking right every girl I went out with that goes to Sheffield Uni does fucking psychology and other useless shit, and they usually end up having bipolar or split personality disorder or bdd or what not fml need to get laid again but you don't stick dick in crazy tough times in yooooorkshire x

This is single handedly the most ignorant thing I've read here, congratulations.

Twitter.com/Cheninix

#70 Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2379
  • LocationYorkshire mates

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:18 PM

This is single handedly the most ignorant thing I've read here, congratulations.

but its true ayylmao

Posted Image

emotional

Posted Image

Thaya Ayra Omegatfwnogfboys2k15

#71 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:01 PM

You think psychology is useless?

Posted Image

#72 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/.

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

I mean of course it's true that sociology, psychology and almost the entirety of humanities (I'd know now wouldn't I) have more snatches than they have guidos, but saying shit like 'and they all have bipolar and split personality disorder and bdd' when you're clearly oblivious on the entire subject matter is fucking retarded.

(for real what kind of pussy ass nigga doesn't like crazy girls? ya feel me on that sentiment?)

t. based lord the youngest

Posted Image

#73 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

YVNG_CARL_YVNG

Posted Image

Anyway yeah, psychology is highly useful, advertising might not be good for society but it sure as hell proves we're not entirely rational actors and they use many ideas from psychology and get results. Political campaigns and speeches and etc. etc. Psychology is used all over the place, it isn't limited to therapy - which has also proven useful but more people have some prejudice against it, possibly 'cause they've only seen misrepresentations of it in popular media.

If anybody wants to see a session of something ~like CBT(Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) which is probably most common today -

Albert Ellis(Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy)

There's one with Carl Rogers(Client Centered) and Fritz Perls(Gestalt) as well, less common that someone focuses entirely on these techniques but you see them used in more broad approaches.

Considering that these are from 1965 they aren't entirely representative of modern therapy sessions but they show how some of the more influential therapists actually worked with a client.

#74 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:47 PM

mfw going for my master's in addiction counseling

#75 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

Thank you, I was rather butthurt about the fact she went cray cray on me. You know how it is. Obviously Psychology is useful, but I believe mainstream psychology focuses too much on pharmacology over actual problem solution.

Currently reading "The Ultramind Solution", it's about relationship of your food to your mood, levels of focus, rest, hormonal balance and what not. It's really interesting. It does make a lot of good points about the fact that if you do not have a proper diet you cannot actually experience happiness, it's the most important thing to consider. On some epiphany life changes shit here bros from 1st of august. Literally just went through my first day in my life (-literally-) of drinking only water. And it feels fucking great.

Weird how you can retrain your whole rewards system, to the point where every improvement you make of you and your life feels like the biggest hype.

Have a listen to this guy, especially the intro. He looks so average, you wouldn't think he gets pussy, yet he sleeps around with so many 10/10s and has ridiculous confidence and pull (which is originally what started my interest in self improvement, as I wanna spend next couple of years in my life partying and sleeping around with qt3.14, rather than screaming "melded his stormbolt"), he was a guy in The Game book if you guys ever read it, it's amazing. About the whole pick up and real social dynamics. And I like how it actually inspires you to just do something and feel like you are achieving something with every step (pc games for a long time took away that feeling from me) and therefore improve your diet, learn, understand how to block off negative thoughts and get different view points (e.g strive to understand others in order to be understood etc). It's quite cool I'm feeling a big transformation in my priorities system, you guys should try it if you are at the same point I've been. RSD is the shit.

aww you should come crash at mine sometime

btw niss m8 Sheffield oktoberfest this coming Thursday

Treat yourself mate. Come join me and the lads

Legit might join, it's in dev green right? Fucking ey boys, I love me some sausage.

its actually pretty weird seeing you talk about corp. I used to go there so much when i was at sheff unAAAYyyy

Guessing you're not in Sheffield anymore? Corp is the shit, I don't care what anyone says, it's legit got such a ridiculously cool atmosphere.

im an idiot

#76 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:13 PM

Also to add I really believe the biggest thing whole fucking world should focus on is education and in the early years, there should be a subject called "Thinking", where psychologists would train children how to think, how to approach problems, how to deal with negativity etc. World eventually would be so much better down the line. Unity with your brain, congruence and ability to stay in presence and maintaining healthy thought ratio. There would have to be unified and agreed program for this because obviously there is a lot of room in propaganda, but if you just train someone universal truths that essentially turn them into a better, politer, more considerate and essentially truly happy person, I reckon violence and negativity in the world would eventually diminish. I'm surprise it really isn't a thing. It's always just about treatment and finding a drug that's like a little patch in a wall that leaks everywhere.

ah yea x

im an idiot

#77 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:26 PM

mfw going for my master's in addiction counseling

plz help me

#78 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:43 PM

Also to add I really believe the biggest thing whole fucking world should focus on is education and in the early years, there should be a subject called "Thinking", where psychologists would train children how to think, how to approach problems, how to deal with negativity etc. World eventually would be so much better down the line. Unity with your brain, congruence and ability to stay in presence and maintaining healthy thought ratio. There would have to be unified and agreed program for this because obviously there is a lot of room in propaganda, but if you just train someone universal truths that essentially turn them into a better, politer, more considerate and essentially truly happy person, I reckon violence and negativity in the world would eventually diminish. I'm surprise it really isn't a thing. It's always just about treatment and finding a drug that's like a little patch in a wall that leaks everywhere.

ah yea x

This just sounds like positive illusion brainwashing.

Considering pessimistic people live longer I doubt it's a good idea. Negativity has utility. So does having variety in people's thinking approaches. There's also the problem that people have innate mental dispositions that would be in conflict with it. And people don't universally agree that there are universal truths.

And after the epic self-esteem movement fuck-up, there's an understandable cynicism toward that kind of thing. The logistics of getting broad support for such a wooey sounding class would be ridiculous.

I wouldn't be against some philosophy courses on basic critical thinking skills, and hell throw civics in since we're in democracy. Something like a simplified version of Tamar Gendler's Philosophy and the Science of Human Nature course @ yale for example would cover much of it.

#79 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:46 PM

have you started doing yoga buglamp?

#80 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:58 PM

also imho there's no universal truths or even a universal understanding of "right and wrong" or "good and bad"

everyone has their own idea of it and the whole reason people get fucked up in the first place is because they search for that understanding in the exterior, or have it forced upon them by their environments (society, family, whatever)

embrace yourselves instead. don't listen to anyone that tells you that shitposting on aj or playing games or taking drugs or being sad or whatever are bad things. figure it out yourself, it might very well be that you just love some (or all) of them. and then develop from there on, remove the unnecessary shit that isn't "yours" in the first place, start doing shit that you think would be cool, etc. eventually you'll surround yourself by things you like or even love, as well as have a much stronger motivation to solve issues (i.e. financial, health, etc) as you'll want to keep your lifestyle intact cuz you love it and love your life

that was my way, at least

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<