Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:23. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

The Reason For Pruning

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Br0ll3

Br0ll3
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1487
  • 3v3: 2347
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:48 AM

Why is everyone complaining about pruning?

The reason WoW is not a ESPORT is because of the extreme imbalance between different classes and comps,

So what blizzard is doing IS MAKING IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO MULTICLASS.
SO YOU DONT GET COUNTERED EVERY FUCKING GAME.

If you feel like your class is dumb and easy, try another class THAT'S THE POINT OF PRUNING.................

Best Regards,

Best Holy Paladin World(Kappa)

Edited by Br0ll3, 11 July 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#2 Shadrr

Shadrr
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2405
  • RBG: 2111

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:03 AM

Ability pruning removes alot of counterplay and smart individual performance, making the game "bland and scripted"

In MoP you could do 100000 things to outperform an opponent individually, minor things like curse of exhaustion into fear, or save cds until opponent wasted disarm to get full value and uptime during them.

This also meant that you could punish greedy/worse players and the gap between someone who was actually good and bad was significantly higher.

Just doing damage was a whole chapter of its own, a warrior had to actively choose between slam/heroic strike/overpower, and as any dotclass you had to take dotsnappshotting into consideration to get max value

Now? Press MS off cd and tabrend people, as a warlock you just press buttons all the time, and since your dots scale dynamically you might aswell go brain afk and press ur cds whenever you feel like it

Also, your arguments are a bit counterproductive since ability pruning actually strengthen specific comps versus other comps, creating more of a "rock paper scissor" environment, if you had more options to outplay opponents, you'd be able to play less good comps but still do really well because of better players outplaying worse opponents.

I'd rather have a good game than a boring eSport

Regards
Your retarded Swedish friend

Edited by Nyeshyo, 11 July 2016 - 10:05 AM.

Washed up -- living in the past

#3 Br0ll3

Br0ll3
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:36 AM

You make a good point about the potential for outplaying players with more abilites.

But I'm forced to play shatter or ww/dk as a paladin.
Shatter gets countered by FLS and Shatter Completly Counters ww/dk

Hopefully in Legion there will be more classes available for me because of pruning and no more gear farming.
I will be able to play atleast 4-5 more Tier 1 Comps.

And I will be able to play with all my friends instead of ONLY Monks+DKs or Mage+Priest.

For me pruning opens up opportunity for me to play with my friends.

But you have a valid point about the skillcap for classes.

Best Regards,

SpitCleave Champion

#4 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:57 AM

I presume the op is being sarcastic, but just incase it's serious and he actually is that stupid

no more gear farming

You do realise gear/artifact power farming in legion makes gear farming in wod look like absolutely nothing?

Getting a fully leveled artifact is going to take months and months of farming, and you have to grind a separate artifact for every single spec of every single class you intend to play

Gear is all based on rng ashran loot boxes, loot box item levels are tied to your current rating, and all gear has a chance to roll titanforged, giving between 5 and 75 bonus ilvl on top of its standard amount in increments of 5 (the highest possible bonus ilvl reduces as the base ilvl increases)

Enjoy your no more farming :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 11 July 2016 - 10:59 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#5 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

Sometimes im like "hm maybe people overreact and Legion isnt really THAT bad." Then i see another Dizzeyo post. :(

#6 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:37 AM

It depends on what is pruned or not.
Right now if you prune Light of dawn, Holy Radiance and Blessing of Kings, well... it will not change anything considering those spells are useless and/or most of the times, X amount of mastery is better than 5% stats. It's 3 less binds but... meh.

If you remove the redirect damage part of the hand of sacrifice, like most PvE people wants in Legion (A glyph can do this now) however...

And for the amount of farm requiered, it's not that bad. It's the equivalent of levelling in Vanilla and arenas in TBC, it's just longer (I guess, haven't followed how you gain artifact power in Legion). So you concentrate and play on one character. It reduces the time for Fotm-ing i suppose. In TBC, that was the gate (and the gear farming) which reduce the amount of differents druid/x you faced in 2v2, even if it was 90% of your games.

As long as you can do it in PvP too (Arenas or BGs)...

Posted Image

#7 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:52 AM

If you feel like your class is dumb and easy, try another class THAT'S THE POINT OF PRUNING.................

LMAO

#8 Br0ll3

Br0ll3
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:56 AM

Obviously if you have to farm endlessly to get gear its complete shit.
But they have a "anti-luck" system.
So you will get ur gear.

Please try to stay positive..

I'm gonna list a few thinks I think is good about legion.
1. Dragon Gladiator Mounts (finally)
2. Complete remake of many classes. Wich will make PvP feel "new" again.
3. 2 New Arena Maps.
4. Shorter Seasons (there will be twice as many seasons per expansion)
5. Obviously the new tuning system wich wont effect pve players is gonna be HUGE for balance and for the mixing of meta.

Stop this crying about the legion being the worst expansion ever. It can't get worse than wod.

Edited by Br0ll3, 11 July 2016 - 12:04 PM.

#9 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:39 PM

Stop this crying about the legion being the worst expansion ever. It can't get worse than wod.

Thats cute. :D People say this since wotlk

#10 swipsman

swipsman
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/2

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:42 PM

I presume the op is being sarcastic, but just incase it's serious and he actually is that stupid

You do realise gear/artifact power farming in legion makes gear farming in wod look like absolutely nothing?

Getting a fully leveled artifact is going to take months and months of farming, and you have to grind a separate artifact for every single spec of every single class you intend to play

Gear is all based on rng ashran loot boxes, loot box item levels are tied to your current rating, and all gear has a chance to roll titanforged, giving between 5 and 75 bonus ilvl on top of its standard amount in increments of 5 (the highest possible bonus ilvl reduces as the base ilvl increases)

Enjoy your no more farming :)

Jesus, I've re-read your post at least 3 times and I still have no clue what does it say.. What has this game become. Ahh.. good ol' WotLK/TBC days of arena with OP PvE items, I'd take that over what we have today anyday... That's why I hope that Legion is going to be a massive flop straight from the start and it might make Blizzard look deeper into Legacy servers, someone said something similar recently.

#11 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:16 PM

But I'm forced to play shatter or ww/dk as a paladin.
Shatter gets countered by FLS and Shatter Completly Counters ww/dk

And I will be able to play with all my friends instead of ONLY Monks+DKs or Mage+Priest.

For me pruning opens up opportunity for me to play with my friends.

Wait, what? xD Is it me being confused, or did you just contradict yourself?

You say that you want to be able to play with more friends rather than WW/Dk or Mage/Spriest, meaning that you are against PvP being scripted as it is now. Then you say that pruning opens up opportunities for you to play with more friends. Wat? ._.
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#12 Br0ll3

Br0ll3
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:47 PM

My friends play different classes.. if they dont play mage/priest or ww/dk I cannot play a tier 1 comp with them.
Wich makes the game pointless and boring.

With pruning we will be able to multiclass more and with that play tier one comps even if its not our Main Classes.

:)

#13 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

-snip-

You're a fucking retard.

-snip-

Thank you.

-snip-

Considering your posts are usually biased and awful, this is a nice change.

#14 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:03 PM

My friends play different classes.. if they dont play mage/priest or ww/dk I cannot play a tier 1 comp with them.
Wich makes the game pointless and boring.

With pruning we will be able to multiclass more and with that play tier one comps even if its not our Main Classes.

:)

I don't understand the reason for which you think that pruning equals the ability to multiclass.

You can multiclass even now in WoD, and you could multiclass in previous expansions without the need to degrade classes into 10 button mechanisms. Sure, it took more effort back then but trying to learn a new class is what is fun about multiclassing. That's the ''challenge''. What is the point of you playing a class for 2 days and equally good with someone who has been playing it for 3 years, for example?

If you just get a little into it you will find out that you can efficiently play many classes even in previous xpacks. Pruning is not helping that in any way.
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#15 Ventux

Ventux
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:13 PM

thx ill try another indepth class like holy paladin

#16 Eltekk

Eltekk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/././.

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:44 PM

#17 dizzcord

dizzcord
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2216
  • 3v3: 2749
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:00 PM

No listen to him guys, its better to make every class dumb and easy, so we can swap to another dumb and easy class, easier. What could possible be bad about that guys, wow Esport inc KappaHD4000RES

The reason WoW is not a ESPORT is because of the extreme imbalance between different classes and comps,

#18 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:04 PM

2. Complete remake of many classes. Wich will make PvP feel "new" again

well honor grinding on a dk certainly looks fun at the very least ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV08jsyxEgg

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 11 July 2016 - 05:10 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#19 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2471
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:24 PM

i thought you just acted retarded for the stream but i guess i was wrong

#20 Konjunktur

Konjunktur

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:07 PM

Obviously if you have to farm endlessly to get gear its complete shit.
But they have a "anti-luck" system.

There is no anti-luck system for the +5 ilvl random retardness. And the anti-luck system only makesit so you don't get the same item several times, it could still take you 25+ weeks to get full gear. With the worst luck you get every single neck, ring, trinket etc before getting your last piece.

Good luck catching up if you're late to the season.

1. Dragon Gladiator Mounts (finally)

Yeah, big whooping do, 1 out of 2 things even remotely positive on this list doesn't even affect gameplay.

2. Complete remake of many classes. Wich will make PvP feel "new" again.

Yeah, my main spec which I've played for over 5 years is getting completely fucked and demoted into a pure dps-bot. If you thought Feral in WoD was retarded then I have a surprise for you! (Although 3x Rake Stun is gone, so that's something)

And it's all because of this retarded "CC disarmament". Yeah I'd rather just spam damage all day than actually do something skillful. Right? No. It sucks.

Same retarded pruning goes for (at least) Rogues, Hunters and Mages.

3. 2 New Arena Maps.

Ravencourt looks really fucking retarded. Rooms? Lordaeron 2.0, with extra cramped spaces!

50% of the new maps are bad - and we really didn't need more maps to begin with. Nice one Blizzard. Why can't they just make reskins of fucking Nagrand instead of coming up with these retarded designs?

4. Shorter Seasons (there will be twice as many seasons per expansion)

Yeah and at the same time they're splitting titles to two separate horde & alliance quotas. Fucking retarded for competitiveness and only done for "muh faction balance". It's only going to make people buy (Blizzard sees the $$$) faction changes to get gladiator on the less competitive side.

5. Obviously the new tuning system wich wont effect pve players is gonna be HUGE for balance and for the mixing of meta.

That is if they actually use it. They already have tuning knobs (which they have shown throughout all of WoD). They just don't use them often enough. Blizzard doesn't do bi-weekly meta updates so it doesn't matter how many tuning knobs they have.

Yeah, Legion is looking like a steaming pile of shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users