Photo

Appropriation

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

what is cultural appropriation

would blackface, donned by black people, be cultural appropriation?

Yeah, though likely it wouldn't be called out as such - the N word for example, not really something white people are going to complain about black people taking over. Basically if one culture starts something and it becomes popularized in another w/out permission and/or w/out respecting its original meaning/purpose, that's appropriation.

Most culture involves an incredible amount of this sort of thing of course, but I guess it's trendy at the moment to point certain forms of it out. Like movies where white people play historically brown people, while the movie also misrepresents/sensationalizes their culture. Or I guess white people getting into rap and singing about black culture stuff they have no real experience with.

There's a certain power disparity and majority vs. minority element to the complaints, as well as race.

#22 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Talents: Balance
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:27 PM

what is cultural appropriation

would blackface, donned by black people, be cultural appropriation?

this is bob the drag queen in blackface

Posted Image

he was heavily criticized by ultra-left tumblerinas

im apologizing in advance for linking some crazy black lesbian feminazi's tumblr because she's literally beyond disgusting and fucked up but u might wanna read it just to get the idea about how crazy some people are

http://katblaque.tum...rag-race-racist
Posted Image

#23 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2103
  • 3v3: 1860
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

Doesnt some European country have a xmas tradition to blackface? or smth like that, switzerland or germany or something

#24 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/.

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:48 PM

the netherlands

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Zwarte_Piet

#25 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:29 AM

gross because gross or 'gross' because politically incorrect?

i actually saw 1 punk girl with dyed black dreads (her front hair wasnt dreads, normal hair) and she looked beyond amazing, make-up on point and those contact-lenses that covers your whole eyes in black

but all other ppl with dreads look like complete shit

its gross as in you have to not ever wash your hair and smear wax into it for it to actually work. Fucking punks always rocking some shitty kind of dread/rat tail (rat tails are bitchin though, but still smell).

#26 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:03 PM

You do acctually wash your hair with dreads, you just dont use products like shampoo in it and instead apply oils after.

I wash my hair like once a month with products like shampoo or shit because when I do my hair dries out so insanely it looks unhealthy, instead just showering and applying coconut oil or I use something called "Arosci creme" from the UK.

But only reason I do this is because my hair is more black side from my father then it is white, its thick as hell and curly.
Its basically 70% afro hair mixed with the idk what you would call it, "white peoples hair" lol

#27 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:15 PM

coconut oil is probably the best thing one can do for his/her hair

it's also amazing for your skin, great for your body (if eaten), just all around amazing.

i used to run around all summer smelling like a fresh coconut til i realized it actually also serves as natural sunscreen..

fuck that shit, i gotta get my latino teint rolling

#28 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:19 PM

coconut oil is probably the best thing one can do for his/her hair

it's also amazing for your skin, great for your body (if eaten), just all around amazing.

i used to run around all summer smelling like a fresh coconut til i realized it actually also serves as natural sunscreen..

fuck that shit, i gotta get my latino teint rolling

pale people are hot as fuck
Posted Image

#29 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:19 PM

your statement is dumb. attractive pale people are attractive. pale is not an inherently attractive trait. it has to fit with your body type, hair type and many other factors.

if you have curly, oily, super dark hair and rapid hair growth like for example middle easterners you will look like complete shit when you're pale. your beard will look like pubic hair and so forth. women will look extremely hairy because not only will your hair look much darker because of the contrast, you will also (most likely) be spending less time in extreme sunlight, which means your hair won't lighten up as fast.

however pale can really be a good look: for example I think tats look much, much better on pale people. matter of fact I think tats look petty retarded unless you're really pale or really tan/dark.

I like pale women, I like tan women. I like inbetween women. all variations can look good, but some combinations just don't work. example:

if you're an extremely pale woman, but you're thick as hell you'll often (not always) look like shit, because cellulite and skin blemishes will be much more visible. when you're really tan not only will your skin visibly look healthier, but also more toned.

#30 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:10 PM

your statement is dumb. attractive pale people are attractive. pale is not an inherently attractive trait. it has to fit with your body type, hair type and many other factors.

if you have curly, oily, super dark hair and rapid hair growth like for example middle easterners you will look like complete shit when you're pale. your beard will look like pubic hair and so forth. women will look extremely hairy because not only will your hair look much darker because of the contrast, you will also (most likely) be spending less time in extreme sunlight, which means your hair won't lighten up as fast.

however pale can really be a good look: for example I think tats look much, much better on pale people. matter of fact I think tats look petty retarded unless you're really pale or really tan/dark.

I like pale women, I like tan women. I like inbetween women. all variations can look good, but some combinations just don't work. example:

if you're an extremely pale woman, but you're thick as hell you'll often (not always) look like shit, because cellulite and skin blemishes will be much more visible. when you're really tan not only will your skin visibly look healthier, but also more toned.

my statement was an opinion, on people mostly from sweden because im from sweden, my opinion is not dumb

i love tattoos, i love "swedish people" and the more pale they are, the more attractive i find them.

do u study psychology? coz if not, i think u probably should

ugly ppl will be ugly no matter how pale or tan they are

black ppl will always be ugly

#blacklivesmatter
Posted Image

#31 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:46 PM

I wanted to study psychology after i graduated

then I realized that in order to gain money I would have to slave away until I'm 30 years old

studying psych in Germany is pretty damn harsh. my best friends sister just finished the last step, now has an office in the financial district in munich.

he said she essentially sacrificed her entire life after turning 16. first she finished HS with 1,0, which is straight As. then did the bachelor, then master. then you have to do advanced training. then you have to do a mandatory internship of at least a year. only then are you a psychologist.

but of course you don't finish there, because psychologists don't actually make big money. you have to be a psychiatrist, because a psychologist can't legally give out pills. so you have to do 3 years of advanced training again. after that you could habilitate and get your doctor or just start practicing.

on the flipside though she makes like three to four times a decent salary now, only working for one year.

thanks for subscribing to my blog y'all

#32 Reliuna

Reliuna
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:18 PM

I wanted to study psychology after i graduated

then I realized that in order to gain money I would have to slave away until I'm 30 years old

studying psych in Germany is pretty damn harsh. my best friends sister just finished the last step, now has an office in the financial district in munich.

he said she essentially sacrificed her entire life after turning 16. first she finished HS with 1,0, which is straight As. then did the bachelor, then master. then you have to do advanced training. then you have to do a mandatory internship of at least a year. only then are you a psychologist.

but of course you don't finish there, because psychologists don't actually make big money. you have to be a psychiatrist, because a psychologist can't legally give out pills. so you have to do 3 years of advanced training again. after that you could habilitate and get your doctor or just start practicing.

on the flipside though she makes like three to four times a decent salary now, only working for one year.

thanks for subscribing to my blog y'all

i had a friend like that, only a few years before finishing her psychology stuff, she wanted me to get her drugs, i did

she works at a rehab center basically outside of university

now she's out of control, one month she spent 700 euro on drugs, i know coz i buy it for her with her money, coz she cant risk having her patients see her at the dealers.

idk, i like drugs but maybe thats bcoz i can handle them.
Posted Image

#33 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

you gotta admit though, as fucked up as it is, doing 700 bucks worth of drugs in a single month is some fucking hardliner shit

#34 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

ive been spending like 400-500 euro per month for about half a year

solo

ama
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#35 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:22 AM

ok, just why thaya?

Like what do you get out of doing drugs that you cant get out from other stuff IRL?

#36 FTRouslan

FTRouslan
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Dawnbringer
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 10 July 2016 - 02:04 AM

ok, just why thaya?

Like what do you get out of doing drugs that you cant get out from other stuff IRL?

honestly sounds like cancer

the Russian lifestyle is harsh

half the cities could be Superfund sites
Nasty, brutish, and about 6'1".

Look at me. I can start and stop wars, at will. I can save or destroy the world. I can do anything I fucking want. Just now, I pissed near my toilet bowl because I fucking can.

#37 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:39 AM

ok, just why thaya?

it was fun

that's a serious answer im not just shitposting or anything

i just liked doing drugs more than i liked doing anything else

i still love being in the 'different' states too but i can't afford doing it now. not just money, but different priorities/goals

#38 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:41 AM

my point is mainly that 700 usd isn't THAT much depending on what you do

it goes fast when you're not limiting yourself and drugs ain't cheap

#39 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:45 AM

you make me feel like a miser, i just spent $770 on a monitor and i've felt ashamed of myself ever since
s a d b o y s

#40 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:48 AM

ips 144hz?